Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB MODS FUEL

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wanted to take a minute and share my EB Mods fuel experience. This year I used 5 different fuels, and burnt about 16Gals. I had numerous people tell me how good this fuel was including Ed himself. I always had too much of other fuel to give it a try, finally got some from Ed a few weeks ago. I started today's racing with a 3gal old V-Spec with a brand new P3 plug using my latest fuel that I was happy with and was on my final gallon of the case. I started chasing a tune and had a couple mystery flame outs, so I decided to crack into the EB in desperation to salvage my day. I spent a tank tuning then went out and ran the tank dry... good sign. I ran 2 5 minute qualifiers no issues, then ran a 10 minute BMain and won it. Then ran a 20 minute A main again engine ran perfectly I had to stop my engine after every run.

This Fuel is at the top of my list with Byrons coming in second. Do not hesitate to give this Fuel a chance, Ed and the Fuel are top notch.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Whats the %'s of:
Synthetic oil, Castor and methanol in the 30% race blend?

and do tell if you are measuring by volume or weight?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikenix
I wanted to take a minute and share my EB Mods fuel experience. This year I used 5 different fuels, and burnt about 16Gals. I had numerous people tell me how good this fuel was including Ed himself. I always had too much of other fuel to give it a try, finally got some from Ed a few weeks ago. I started today's racing with a 3gal old V-Spec with a brand new P3 plug using my latest fuel that I was happy with and was on my final gallon of the case. I started chasing a tune and had a couple mystery flame outs, so I decided to crack into the EB in desperation to salvage my day. I spent a tank tuning then went out and ran the tank dry... good sign. I ran 2 5 minute qualifiers no issues, then ran a 10 minute BMain and won it. Then ran a 20 minute A main again engine ran perfectly I had to stop my engine after every run.

This Fuel is at the top of my list with Byrons coming in second. Do not hesitate to give this Fuel a chance, Ed and the Fuel are top notch.
Thank you very much for the kind words Mike.. I'm very, very, very happy you liked the fuel. I've worked hard to get it right.

Originally Posted by xjqkz
Whats the %'s of:
Synthetic oil, Castor and methanol in the 30% race blend?

and do tell if you are measuring by volume or weight?
Measured by volume.
I use a Castor / Synthetic oil blend which I really don't want to share how much of each. Total oil by volume is 10%, with 60% Methanol for the 30%Race Fuel.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

I'd like to thank everyone who has been taking advantage of the Free shipping offer on fuel orders online. As excepted I've received lot's of orders from California, Arizona, and Texas. So once everyone gets a chance to try the fuel please come back and post your thoughts good or bad. Thanks for all the support and I'm sure everyone will be more than happy with it.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

all good here , very consistent with tune and temps , Thanks Ed ...........
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i have had good luck with the fuel, very consistant, performs good
Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 You know the fuel is good when you don't have to even think about engine tuning. I have 3 very different engines and they all idle and function better than i could ask for. If you're rebuilding over the winter i suggest you give Ed a try for a race prep or a full mod. You won't be disappointed. He just dyno tuned my JP B8 and after making some changes to the engine it produced 1.75 hp. Not bad for a 4+ yr old relic.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
+1 You know the fuel is good when you don't have to even think about engine tuning. I have 3 very different engines and they all idle and function better than i could ask for. If you're rebuilding over the winter i suggest you give Ed a try for a race prep or a full mod. You won't be disappointed. He just dyno tuned my JP B8 and after making some changes to the engine it produced 1.75 hp. Not bad for a 4+ yr old relic.
Wow 1.75 HP is stout !!!

can I see the graph ?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maximo
Wow 1.75 HP is stout !!!

can I see the graph ?
http://www.ebmods.com/JP%20B8%20vs%20B5.jpg

Both engines are JP engines, B5 and B8, with the same 9886 Novarossi Pipe and Short L Header. EBMods 30% Race Fuel.

Today may be the day Neal..
Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Initiate

ED, I would like to no if you have anyone selling your products in Portugal.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

I personaly do not run Ed's fuel, been a Byrons guy forever, but my teamate who runs for Ed does, and I can tell you with out a doubt if I were to switch from Byrons the only fuel I would think about is EB mods ! it's good stuff ! Ed is a top notch guy, and very meticulous about anything he puts his name on. Cant wait to get my hands on one of the new engines!!! Keep up the good work Ed.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MUGENRC
ED, I would like to no if you have anyone selling your products in Portugal.
No one currently. I'll reply to your email with some options as to what we can do.

Thanks for the interest in my products!
Ed
Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Just a reminder of the free shipping offer on web site fuel orders until December 31st 2009.
Code: FS2009
Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What sort of "shelf life" should a person expect on your fuel?
Rev
Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed just want to ask is there anything I need to do this weekend when I change to your fuel. I will run your fuel threw my RBc6, my V-spec and Alpa engine which I raised it up one shim.(Apla)

Also ready rollers is also a dealer for EB Mods and we will be carrying EB mod products starting tomorrow evening. Ready Rollers will also soon carry EB Mods tuned engines and more. Thanks Ed and we finally got this together

I also have two engines to send to you. I might see you sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.