Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think it is a prob gettn the diffs out. My jammin cr and kyosho sp2 were took about the same amount of time to remove because I had the captured hinge pins, and still had to remove the entire assembly.

I like how the inner pins are captured with a molded palte, instead of having a nut and pin to remove.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Is there any final word on what clutch springs to use? I will be running at ARC. Anyone know the web-site for ARC?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Is there any final word on what clutch springs to use? I will be running at ARC. Anyone know the web-site for ARC?

http://www.arcraceway.com/

They've been talking about changing the Race times for Saturday. It's best to call.

Dave
Old 10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aaron I know what you mean about saying you didn't have a big crash this was my first time running the car and the only time it was on the roof was from traction rolling. And the jump I came off was landed perfect. But I do have some droop and I seen the marks in the chassis from the screws but I still have the green and silver springs but I put k2 softs and took alot of preload out of it and that helped with the traction roll and I could take the turn twice as fast as I could with my jammin. I'm not downing the car just need the help on setup cause I can only make it to the track on race day and that's it.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also what are the losi silver tire are they soft cause I like them but after three 10 min heats they were done.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Don - Not sure why the part would come from Chino? Losi and Horizon share a building in Ontario.

Adam has suggested composite shoes with black springs and the aluminum shoes with gold springs.

o.s. power - It's not terrible...there's a little more disassembly required but I don't think it's that awful.

Ghost - Were you having the traction roll problems with the stock tires? The Step Pins are a bit taller than say, a Crime Fighter, and they'll traction roll easier.

I'm running 40 wt. oil in the front with 54's, and my car could be driven into the corners like crazy without flipping. If your buggy still traction rolls with smaller tires, and with this front shock setup, let me know and I'll come up with other ideas.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone has a clue when the aluminium option parts shuold be out for sale?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghost06
Aaron I know what you mean about saying you didn't have a big crash this was my first time running the car and the only time it was on the roof was from traction rolling. And the jump I came off was landed perfect. But I do have some droop and I seen the marks in the chassis from the screws but I still have the green and silver springs but I put k2 softs and took alot of preload out of it and that helped with the traction roll and I could take the turn twice as fast as I could with my jammin. I'm not downing the car just need the help on setup cause I can only make it to the track on race day and that's it.
I had this same problem at BOW race and Ron reccomended that I add droop to the car. That seemed to fix the traction roll problem. This car keeps getting better and better. Another thing that I did to make the car drive a little easier was swapped the shock springs around, green springs in the front and silver in the rear.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

The simplest of things makes this car go really fast.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

JB - Not sure. What do you think the car needs? I think most of the aluminum upgrades are for those customers who just GOTTA have some "bling" on their cars. The included equipment, namely the plastic chassis braces, serve a function to the handling of the car.

sand geek - Ron's pretty darn helpful, isn't he? An awesome guy, for sure. Did he have you add droop all the way around, or just to either the front or rear? I've always liked my cars with minimal droop and I think it helps maintain corner speed. More rear droop should help the car turn, while I'd think that more front droop should make the car easier to drive.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I hear you on the bling! I ran King Headz aluminum braces on my SP2 for one race and absolutely hated them. Went back to Kyosho HD braces. They just made the car so rigid and stiff which made the car hard to drive. I doubt i'll try them on the Losi...it handles so well as it is, why change something that works.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
JB - Not sure. What do you think the car needs? I think most of the aluminum upgrades are for those customers who just GOTTA have some "bling" on their cars. The included equipment, namely the plastic chassis braces, serve a function to the handling of the car.

sand geek - Ron's pretty darn helpful, isn't he? An awesome guy, for sure. Did he have you add droop all the way around, or just to either the front or rear? I've always liked my cars with minimal droop and I think it helps maintain corner speed. More rear droop should help the car turn, while I'd think that more front droop should make the car easier to drive.
He is really helpful. I think I might have worded that incorrectly. I decreased droop all the way around, limited it to help increase the corner speed. I was not using the droop screws at all before he looked at the car. DOH!
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

well today i went and ran my car. and changed the stock slutch shoes after a gallon and a half. they still have life in them just have to be cleaned up. in their place i put the m2c soft regualr shoes with gree springs and the losi carbon shoes with black springs and even tho I am running the same spring setup the new clutch is way snapper!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone mounted a Ninja motor in their 8ight yet? I can't seem to get it to fit.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by *Topher*
Has anyone mounted a Ninja motor in their 8ight yet? I can't seem to get it to fit.
I am running the ninja motor in my 8ight. Only thing I had to do was rotate the carb a bit since I took it out of my mbx5. The rubber boot on the carb was hitting on the center diff top plate. Motor works great in the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.