Need help setting up my starter box

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need help setting up my starter box

Box: OFNA Truggy http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRLU1&P=V
Truck: O'donnell Z01-b

I have never set up a starter box and am wanting to know how to set up the pegs on the box. The way I figured, I need to set the pegs up so they "lock" the truck in place, and the best place to do that is between the A arms and chassis. Is this correct? Anyone have any better suggestions?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Box: OFNA Truggy http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRLU1&P=V
Truck: O'donnell Z01-b

I have never set up a starter box and am wanting to know how to set up the pegs on the box. The way I figured, I need to set the pegs up so they "lock" the truck in place, and the best place to do that is between the A arms and chassis. Is this correct? Anyone have any better suggestions?
i have the same starter box. i run o'donnell also. i have made my starter box run both buggy and truggy.. took some work but does very well only having 1 bump box...

first take engine out of the truggy.. then you can see where the starter wheel will line up on the chassis. i put the pegs on the "v" part of the front and rear chassis. once you get the starter wheel lined up in the flywheel slot. you can make where the pegs should go. remove truck from box install pegs and refit truggy on box. this might take a few trys to get centered but the more time you spend now the less problems at the track later.. jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Need help setting up my starter box-starter-box-001.jpg   Need help setting up my starter box-starter-box-002.jpg  
Old 03-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks! I thought I was doing it right, but wanted to make sure.

Any reason why I cant run 2 2S LiPos in here? I've got 2 3200 35C packs I dont use anymore that I was thinking about mounting in there. I put a 12V in to make sure it worked and its just wayyyyy to heavy for my liking.

Anything else I can do or add to it to increase durability and reliability?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Thanks! I thought I was doing it right, but wanted to make sure.

Any reason why I cant run 2 2S LiPos in here? I've got 2 3200 35C packs I dont use anymore that I was thinking about mounting in there. I put a 12V in to make sure it worked and its just wayyyyy to heavy for my liking.

Anything else I can do or add to it to increase durability and reliability?
yes you can run lipos i do and man the power is awsome.......can start a brand new motor without pre heating the motor... also lasts about a month before recharge.. i run 2 5000 40c packs.. left overs from sedan racing. i get 10 batteries a year and sell most of them and use 2 in the starter box.. next year i will sell the starter box lipos and replace with 2 new/used ones ....

i would get a spare wheel $4-6 bucks OFN92705 from tower and a spare belt $11 bucks OFN92872 and a spare on/off switch $2 bucks OFN92883 .. i have replaced 1 wheel and 3 switches... even with nimh switches go out fast they are just plain week. i have put and automotive switch in and has lasted 1 full year so far. we will see how long she goes... hope this info helps... jeremy