Wiki Posts
Search

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

just bought a mugen mbx6. asembly has been fine with the differentials. When i went to put together the front end i followed the directions to the T on the front arms, lower arms, shock tower and what ever that plate is that the uper arms atach too. when i went to put my hubs on and conect the driveshafts to the hub and the hub to the uper and lower arms, when i tightened it, both uper and lower arms FREEZE! No motion, nothing. Just locks up wont go up or down at ALL. everything is by the book, left uper and lower (facing right and right side up) and right uper and lower. I have trouble shooted everything and am on the verge of throwing my 600 kit up agaist the wall. i have striped 2 hex nutts already and now one hub i cannot even get off or tighten. I swear i think the directions are either wrong or the part made for the upper and lower arms is not right. I want to take it back but i really want this car. I am at my witts and about to lose it. Somebody please help me.

and it looks like i am going to need to find out how to get striped hex nuts out.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
just bought a mugen mbx6. asembly has been fine with the differentials. When i went to put together the front end i followed the directions to the T on the front arms, lower arms, shock tower and what ever that plate is that the uper arms atach too. when i went to put my hubs on and conect the driveshafts to the hub and the hub to the uper and lower arms, when i tightened it, both uper and lower arms FREEZE! No motion, nothing. Just locks up wont go up or down at ALL. everything is by the book, left uper and lower (facing right and right side up) and right uper and lower. I have trouble shooted everything and am on the verge of throwing my 600 kit up agaist the wall. i have striped 2 hex nutts already and now one hub i cannot even get off or tighten. I swear i think the directions are either wrong or the part made for the upper and lower arms is not right. I want to take it back but i really want this car. I am at my witts and about to lose it. Somebody please help me.

and it looks like i am going to need to find out how to get striped hex nuts out.
Well I don't run a mugen but something has to be binding somewhere, post a pic of the front end on here and someone will get you fixed up. On the hex nuts just slot a groove in the head of it with a dremel and use a straight screwdriver to remove them.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

make sure the pillow bal jam nuts are not too tight...
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

For further help with your Mugen MBX6 i recommend going to the MBX6 thread hear in RCTech
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
make sure the pillow bal jam nuts are not too tight...
yup!! i screwed the pillow balls in to tight. the pic did not specify. I had to see a pic of it on line to see it properly. But now i cannot back it out because it is striped.