Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

New to the thread. Is there a definitive eta on the V2 car?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Have you an updated list on all the hop-ups (if any) and R&D items you've been working on? And your fav. engine and body.
the only real mandatory upgrade is the aluminum trans mount, followed by aluminum 10* C hubs
Only R+D item right now is the gear conversion deal which is pretty much done, will start pre-orders monday or so!
My fav body is the one i am using but its a chopped long body, i am working on having them made but its not an easy task!
Engine wise right now i am using the TOP "T plus" rally .21 9port (Novarossi)

Now of course i have every option part on my car you can get but thats how i roll

Originally Posted by FastPete
Very cool and good luck! PS you have a gear order.
Cool, will get them out by monday

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Hey Marcus, The new Hong Nor/OFNA....?TeamC? car ('X3') has an awfully large 1st speed spur gear..........is that your doing ?? That baby looks like a 50 or 50+ the best I can discern from the most recent photo.

No admission yet as to the pinion or spur size that I've seen but I did see that they advertise 14/43 diff gears.

How does the 'extremely low slung chassis' relate with 'roll center settings' ? Seems to me that it's below the point I saw for the location I saw set on a Cobra GT at Speed World, set by 'Scotty' that in a 'play round' running almost 1 second quicker than the actual TQ of the event.

Will your thread be switching over from 'TeamC' to 'OFNA X3'....??

Jerry, OFNA has nothing to really do with TeamC! OFNA purchased their latest long chassis from TeamC and rebranded them. The OFNA X3 is an OFNA product with zero compatibility with TeamC unless its just a blind coincidence. I am not sponsored by OFNA so no this thread will remain the same and i will remain with TeamC!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 02-20-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kewdawg
New to the thread. Is there a definitive eta on the V2 car?

Not at all, slim chance by the end of the year but its just talk at this point!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Not at all, slim chance by the end of the year but its just talk at this point!
Cool. Thnx. V1 it is.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks

the only real mandatory upgrade is the aluminum trans mount, followed by aluminum 10* C hubs
Only R+D item right now is the gear conversion deal which is pretty much done, will start pre-orders monday or so!
My fav body is the one i am using but its a chopped long body, i am working on having them made but its not an easy task!
Engine wise right now i am using the TOP "T plus" rally .21 9port (Novarossi)

Now of course i have every option part on my car you can get but thats how i roll

Cool, will get them out by monday.

Jerry, OFNA has nothing to really do with TeamC! OFNA purchased their latest long chassis from TeamC and rebranded them. The OFNA X3 is an OFNA product with zero compatibility with TeamC unless its just a blind coincidence. I am not sponsored by OFNA so no this thread will remain the same and i will remain with TeamC!
Thanks for the clarification. I've never understood the 'difference' between OFNA and TeamC. I've seen their position over the other cars but understand that that trans ratio is key to this battle.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ready for battle!! this weekend is the SWCS 2014 opener! Break in of my TOP rally .21+ is done and the gear conversion is working flawlessly, have been through 3liters almost back to back and i am using the same gear cases that i used in homestead! CVD temps have not been over 115*!

Marcus I am digging that body. Looks like everyone loves it. I do hope that you manage to get some made...
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Thanks for the clarification. I've never understood the 'difference' between OFNA and TeamC. I've seen their position over the other cars but understand that that trans ratio is key to this battle.
Actually the OFNA DM1 has a very wide range of possible gear ratios. If I am not mistaken the widest on the market.
But with the conversion kit marcus made the TeamC and OFNA GT V2 now have lots of gearing options.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hi all,
Any news regarding the T08871 replacement short chassis?

What are people doing when their chassis gets bent, broken or trying a new conversion?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by san.
Hi all,
Any news regarding the T08871 replacement short chassis?

What are people doing when their chassis gets bent, broken or trying a new conversion?

I am placing an order monday morning, shipping fees are a bit higher but since i have other things coming to it will be probably only 10.00 or so higher. if you want me to order it, email me at [email protected] as long as it is pre paid i dont mind. Same thing goes for anyone else wanting any GT parts. Email me with PART NUMBERS AND QUANTITY, no exceptions!! Visit teamcracing.net for part numbers.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 02-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Marcus, email sent.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

PRE-ORDER FOR THE CONVERSION KIT IS UP!
RCShox.com
Old 02-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Good day today! car performed very well and the gearsets allowed me to run my personal best time fast lap of the day and TQ! The TOP engine was also perfect i didnt even touch the carb all day!!

I have a short vid of second round where i lost second gear but you can see how the car performs.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Great job. Why do you think you lost second gear?
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FastPete
Great job. Why do you think you lost second gear?
Because its the original one, been on for almost a gallon. The original first gear is still on and perfect but im going to change it anyway.

here is a vid of the warm up and qual when i lost it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gy1g...-Fo8faTUHBBuDw
Old 02-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Pre- order on the gear set will end on friday. I am not getting much interest so if you do not pre-order I just want you guys to know that it will not be a stocked item. pretty much this is it. It simply cost too much to tool up and get materials in house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.