Wiki Posts
Search

O.S. Speed owner speak up

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
from what ive been told the nero isnt the beast some make it out to be, Stephen bess says the +4 has more touque but the nero hits allot harder mid to top.
Eitherway both speeds and toro neros are to much engine for most people.

whats with this ceramic bearing craze lately? I remeber in the late ninties cermaics were the thing to have in skateboarding but they have since disapeared for cheaper more durable abec 5 and abec 7 bearings. Seems the ceramic balls didnt like the stresses placed on them.

If your looking for a true beast of a engine you should talk to me.... I will build you an engine that delivers !
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverM3
yes, i have the same exp with the G branded motor. A lot of hype. At the end, you get what you pay for. I never tried toro Nero, but it is just that not everyone can afford OS speed VspecII. $450 for a motor is very steep lol
No need for the speed II. It is just a normal speed with a lightened cooling head and a smaller set of carb inserts. You can get the normal speed for around $400. And before either of those consider the ninja JX. It preforms like a speed for $100 less. Might not be quite as smooth as a speed because of the lack of the tungsten slugs in the crank, but a very solid preforming engine.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
No need for the speed II. It is just a normal speed with a lightened cooling head and a smaller set of carb inserts. You can get the normal speed for around $400. And before either of those consider the ninja JX. It preforms like a speed for $100 less. Might not be quite as smooth as a speed because of the lack of the tungsten slugs in the crank, but a very solid preforming engine.
There is one more significant difference between an OS Speed I versus a II than what you've mentioned. Also the Speed II sells for $408. For 8 more beans it makes more sense to go for the latest and greatest.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Key
There is one more significant difference between an OS Speed I versus a II than what you've mentioned. Also the Speed II sells for $408. For 8 more beans it makes more sense to go for the latest and greatest.
Where do you find a speed II for $408? The cheapest I have seen was $450-500.

And what is that significant difference? I don't know of any.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Where do you find a speed II for $408? The cheapest I have seen was $450-500.

And what is that significant difference? I don't know of any.
I got one for $450

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....897804e788134b

who is selling for $408?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by silverM3
I got one for $450

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....897804e788134b

who is selling for $408?
Just did a little searching and found that rc-mushroom has it for $408. But I can't see how that would be a good deal because of the $70-80 that it would be to ship it from HK.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=16273

I also did a little research and confirmed my earlier statement that the only difference between the normal speed and the speed II, is the drilled head and smaller carb insert set. That of coarse is not counting the laser etched world edition in the head. The carberator has also changed from the earlier speed models, but that change was made awhile ago to the normal speeds, when they made the change to the normal v-specs. The new carb is the 21JS, same as the ninja carb, same as the new v-spec carb, and same as the 28xz carb. My speed that I got for $400 has the new carb(21JS).
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Just did a little searching and found that rc-mushroom has it for $408. But I can't see how that would be a good deal because of the $70-80 that it would be to ship it from HK.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=16273

I also did a little research and confirmed my earlier statement that the only difference between the normal speed and the speed II, is the drilled head and smaller carb insert set. That of coarse is not counting the laser etched world edition in the head. The carberator has also changed from the earlier speed models, but that change was made awhile ago to the normal speeds, when they made the change to the normal v-specs. The new carb is the 21JS, same as the ninja carb, same as the new v-spec carb, and same as the 28xz carb. My speed that I got for $400 has the new carb(21JS).
It's not that high. Shipping from HK to Toronto is $35. As for the OS itself it's the stores in Europe and the Americas that markup the OS engines pretty high.

It was mentioned in another forum that the material the sleeve is made out of has changed including the choice of metal for that added strength against wear&tear. Port timing is another I believe.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

what if any difference from the old carb to the new 21js old 21c??
Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Key
It's not that high. Shipping from HK to Toronto is $35. As for the OS itself it's the stores in Europe and the Americas that markup the OS engines pretty high.

It was mentioned in another forum that the material the sleeve is made out of has changed including the choice of metal for that added strength against wear&tear. Port timing is another I believe.
Ok that is still $445 or so shipped to your door. Which I guess is not too bad, but you can get the same motor basically for $400 shipped to your door.

As for the matterial, nothing has changed, or timing for that matter. The p/s set still has the same part number, so nothing changed there.

As for the difference between the 21c and 21J carbs, the 21J is alot stronger in design. People were having problems with the 21c breaking in half because it was made out of 2 pieces. It also has the idle screw on the back of the carb which is much easier to reach when in a buggy/truggy. I'm not sure if there are any other differences. Preformance is the same, but the J is a much nicer carby.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Ok that is still $445 or so shipped to your door. Which I guess is not too bad, but you can get the same motor basically for $400 shipped to your door.
Where do you find an OS Speed for $400? The ones I see are from $450 and up. Much higher cost than a Speed II and that's without shipping.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Key
Where do you find an OS Speed for $400? The ones I see are from $450 and up. Much higher cost than a Speed II and that's without shipping.
There are several guys that sell them on ebay for $400. I personally got mine from cjm1126 on here for $400 shipped to my door. Not sure if he still has any, or can get any, but if he does that would be the way to go. Very cool guy with fast shipping. There are lots of places aroung with them for $400 or under, you just gotta do some looking. I know rc-toro.com has them for $385 + shipping from HK.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Key
Tech Addict

There are several guys that sell them on ebay for $400. I personally got mine from cjm1126 on here for $400 shipped to my door. Not sure if he still has any, or can get any, but if he does that would be the way to go. Very cool guy with fast shipping. There are lots of places aroung with them for $400 or under, you just gotta do some looking. I know rc-toro.com has them for $385 + shipping from HK.
I'd rather pay $30 extra and get the II for 408 plus shipping
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Key
I'd rather pay $30 extra and get the II for 408 plus shipping
Whatever man. It's your money, I am just saying, you CAN get the SAME engine for less $$.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Whatever man. It's your money, I am just saying, you CAN get the SAME engine for less $$.
Understood but not that much less as you had initially thought.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I also bought my Speed from the same seller on ebay. The guy was awesome and he even sold parted out brand new speeds. I don't see him selling anymore, but hope he would cause I would've picked up a couple of things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.