Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does O'Donnell have nitro RTR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Does O'Donnell have nitro RTR?

Am having troubles finding RTR buggies on O'Donnell's website. Do they have any or do they only supply kits?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duststorm
Am having troubles finding RTR buggies on O'Donnell's website. Do they have any or do they only supply kits?
That would be because thay don't offer RTR's.. Only kits, engines, fuel, and the best glow plugs ever made...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for that - I am very new to all of this and just trying to get my head around all of the brands out there. Would prefer a RTR buggie or truck to start with. Cheers.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duststorm
Thanks for that - I am very new to all of this and just trying to get my head around all of the brands out there. Would prefer a RTR buggie or truck to start with. Cheers.
I understand. Buying electronics, engines & pipe, and other stuff seperatly seems rather expensive. but I can tell you this. If you plan to race it and be competitive, you will be swaping all of the standard RTR stuff really quickly..

If you are just going to race once in a while or bash your new toy then RTR is hard to beat..

Welcome to the Hobby and the Forum..
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hopefully it won't be too far in the future that you see a bunch of RTR stuff on their website!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Hopefully it won't be too far in the future that you see a bunch of RTR stuff on their website!
You got to be JOKING? .......WHY
Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
You got to be JOKING? .......WHY
I would assume to sell more product.. RTR gets people into the hobby.. Kits then become their 2nd Race vehicle, and so on.. You have to introduce people to something, why not a quality product and a decent price point?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I would assume to sell more product.. RTR gets people into the hobby.. Kits then become their 2nd Race vehicle, and so on.. You have to introduce people to something, why not a quality product and a decent price point?
Most if not all ready to run buggys or truggys use .....less quality parts ....
motors. servos, grears, chassis, ect.....save yourself some money in the LONG-RUN and buy a kit or the almost ready to run.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

RTR is fine if you're going to be bashing but if you plan on racing you'd want a kit trust us on that. RTR's most of em with exception of the losi series you end up changing everything before it's even remotely durable.

losi only real changes needed would be servos(has great radio already) and better tires,chassis/shocktowers aren't milled like pro towers but aren't crappy either.

everyone else you just about end up rebuilding the entire car minus diffs to make it competitive. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Most if not all ready to run buggys or truggys use .....less quality parts ....
motors. servos, grears, chassis, ect.....save yourself some money in the LONG-RUN and buy a kit or the almost ready to run.
Oh believe me I agree completely.. Kits perfomr better, and you cna put in the components that you want, not what the Manufacturer got at the best price.. But, RTR's grow the sport more so than kits do. It is that simple..
Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Oh believe me I agree completely.. Kits perfomr better, and you cna put in the components that you want, not what the Manufacturer got at the best price.. But, RTR's grow the sport more so than kits do. It is that simple..
well, how I feel about that..... there are many...to many RTRs now, and Steve O Donnell buggys and truggys are top quality with very few aftermarket parts needed if any, so why should he lower his standards to produce RTRs .....well thats how I feel.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There's just not that much money in only catering to racers.

Hell in 1/1 racing no car manufacturer makes money selling race cars, they make money on the road cars they sell. Racing is prestige and advertisement.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can club race most of the RTRs out there from the major manufacturers and do just fine up to an intermediate class. I started running expert recently and I havent been out of the podium spots yet Dont be discouraged from getting an RTR; if you can drive, you'll do fine.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madweazl
You can club race most of the RTRs out there from the major manufacturers and do just fine up to an intermediate class. I started running expert recently and I havent been out of the podium spots yet Dont be discouraged from getting an RTR; if you can drive, you'll do fine.
What for motor are you running now, your servos your using at the moment, and how many king aftermarket parts are in your ready to run losi 8 now? And I bet losi aftermarket parts too. Enough said.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Truck is box stock, tires and all. Zero aftermarket parts of any kind on either vehicle. Buggy is running the original chassis but pretty much everything else has been converted over to race roller as parts wore. The Losi 350 has been in the buggy the last two weekends. Servos were replaced at the time of purchase on both vehicles.

Last edited by madweazl; 04-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.