Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We try to keep to TCS rules at much as possible although the LMP class seems to be the most lax. I don’t think anyone will complain about your bling mobile. The rules are simple – foam, 540 motor, any pack, lipo up to 5000, LMP body. The GT portion of the Endurance Racing is a bit more tight to keep the relative speeds in proportion to 1:1. TT01 chassis, 540 motor, rubber, any pack, lipo up to 5000, 20 pinion.

The other typical classes are Mini Cooper 540 rubber. GT1 Tamiya 4WD touring, black can motor rubber. GT3 Tamiya 4wd touring 540 motor rubber.

Tamiya body preferred in all classes.

Great group of guys. Run rain or shine, light or dark.

Check out www.ttminisports.com Call them and ask for Tony. Let them know I sent you.

I am running a base kit TT-01 in GT3 and GT3 Endurance this points series. I will likely change to a base kit TT-01 in GT1 and LMP Endurance for the next point series.

417 laps last week in the Endurance main!

Give me a ring if you need more info. I have some extra cars if you’d like to try it out!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mar

Hey Mar if ya can send me that set-up for the TC5.

Theo, when me and Ed first mentioned this class to Bill he was a lil concerned because a few years back when the 18T came out a class also started up. His concern was that it started out fine but then some people started dumping hundreds of dollars into there vehicles and slowly the class died. The reason being that it took "X" amount of money just to be competitive. We started this class with only 3 18r's and an 18T last year at open house. Now it's the biggest on-road class and it has a decent run on oval. The number of guys that we get to run our 18R class rivals some of the high end oval classes.
I believe a good reason for that is because as you seen. All the cars are basiclly equal. Almost anyone can win on any given day. You entered with basiclly a box stock car and took 2nd. We want to keep the cost down for the main reason that anyone can have those results. This is one class on sundays that we purposely help everyone just to make the class grow, and it has. I also believe that the oval class and the on-road class is totally seperate. I heard the oval guys already want to switch to foams.
The point being is that you can easily dump allot of money into these cars. You may go and completely bling out your car. What will stop the next guy from saying well, he did that so I'm going to buy this $150 chassis. I totally agree there should be a rule book on these cars for the "Sunday" Class. So far we keep the cars almost box stock and everyone is having a great time, why ruin that? There is an 18r rule book for big Associated races. Right now we are pretty much dead on. Look onto RCMaddness site and you may be able to find it. I'm sure it changed a bit since I last looked at it. Basiclly the only changes are, any pinion, adjustable turnbuckles and a motor heatsink. I dont know about batteries. Honestly bud, right now we are having a blast with this class. Everyone who enters has fun. I just don't want to ruin that.
As far as cells, honestly I myself would like to see only stick packs. However again, we are keeping this a cost efficient class. My only fear is that some jerk will come in with matched cells and rip the tags off.

These are the changes we "as drivers" and with Bills help have come to allow.

The sloop in the steering, yes that was a huge talk with us. It really seems to be coming from the way the car is manufactured and the servo saver.
We figured the "metal steering brace" would be a good adjustment, heck try a different servo saver and let us know if it works.

The adjustable turnbuckles and shockes just for setup and make our life easier when adjusting the car.

The only other change was we allowed a motor heat sink.

C
Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Roadburn
These are the changes we "as drivers" and with Bills help have come to allow.

The sloop in the steering, yes that was a huge talk with us. It really seems to be coming from the way the car is manufactured and the servo saver.
We figured the "metal steering brace" would be a good adjustment, heck try a different servo saver and let us know if it works.

The adjustable turnbuckles and shockes just for setup and make our life easier when adjusting the car.

The only other change was we allowed a motor heat sink.

C

yep thats all thats in mine this all translates into a car that is more predictable

they are already fast and are surprisingly strong

im coming in this weekend and am going 2 try 2 go up there this sunday 2 practice if anyone is interested
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli
We try to keep to TCS rules at much as possible although the LMP class seems to be the most lax. I don’t think anyone will complain about your bling mobile. The rules are simple – foam, 540 motor, any pack, lipo up to 5000, LMP body. The GT portion of the Endurance Racing is a bit more tight to keep the relative speeds in proportion to 1:1. TT01 chassis, 540 motor, rubber, any pack, lipo up to 5000, 20 pinion.

The other typical classes are Mini Cooper 540 rubber. GT1 Tamiya 4WD touring, black can motor rubber. GT3 Tamiya 4wd touring 540 motor rubber.

Tamiya body preferred in all classes.

Great group of guys. Run rain or shine, light or dark.

Check out www.ttminisports.com Call them and ask for Tony. Let them know I sent you.

I am running a base kit TT-01 in GT3 and GT3 Endurance this points series. I will likely change to a base kit TT-01 in GT1 and LMP Endurance for the next point series.

417 laps last week in the Endurance main!

Give me a ring if you need more info. I have some extra cars if you’d like to try it out!
Sounds like fun.About how long from Middletown would you say?Travel time.I like the slot car track too,been getting into those at home here.Mothers day this sunday...will have to plan.M
Old 05-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lotus1
Sounds like fun.About how long from Middletown would you say?Travel time.I like the slot car track too,been getting into those at home here.Mothers day this sunday...will have to plan.M

There will be racing this weekend, I will not be there. There will not be racing the following weekend as one of the owners is getting married. I will be there Memorial Weekend between trips to LRP for WC and Koni.

I’d say the ride from the former ProSpeed location to TT is about 35 minutes.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Raff,why dont you dust off that mugen and come to brooklyn ,you know you want to
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shamu
Hey Raff,why dont you dust off that mugen and come to brooklyn ,you know you want to
Hi Charlie, how's things?You know 3 or 4 years ago I would have taken you up on that. But right now all I have for are memories......and, chances are very low that you would see me at the Brooklyn track.Where @ am and what I am doingis way too much fun with great people to change.Have fun with that though.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Raff, I am doing fine,I'm glad you are having fun, but I know nitro onroad is in your blood One good fix of nitro touring will have you back in no time! The rush of a Mugen 4r shifting into 2nd gear and exploding down the back staightaway is the cure you need See you soon
Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

When I need a taste of exhaust…I jump in my CRX and fly around Limerock with it.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When I need a taste of exhaust…I jump in my CRX and fly around Limerock with it.
Or just drive to the corner store with the window open?
Justa jokin!!M
Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lotus1
Or just drive to the corner store with the window open?
Justa jokin!!M

that too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elrAZOpXo08
Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ace give me a ring....I'll definitly go up. Hopefully it won't rain all weekend
Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

but it doesn't have a two speed and burn nitro
Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Mario,sent pm regarding onroad in circleville
Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Onroad in Circleville?

What's going on in circleville witha onroad track????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.