Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3E issues...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Spektrum DX3E issues...

So i bought a DX3E with the receiver and servo for my new B4.1 and it seems to be a hit or miss whether it works or not, meaning sometimes it works fine and sometimes it just does not want to cooperate. Now I don't think its the transmitter itself I think it is more the receiver. I followed the steps in the instructions on how to properly bind them and set them up. I am getting a lot of glitching and issues with steering, as in sometimes the wheels wont even turn in a given direction.

I also noticed that the antennae is REALLY short. Like shorter then any other 2.4ghz receiver I have seen.

When the receiver works properly, the green LED stays solid green. When it doesn't work correctly, the green LED flickers. I don't know what that means, or how to fix it.

I am pretty sure that it is not my ESC and motor. could it be a battery issue?

any ideas guys?
Old 11-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coopsnard
So i bought a DX3E with the receiver and servo for my new B4.1 and it seems to be a hit or miss whether it works or not, meaning sometimes it works fine and sometimes it just does not want to cooperate. Now I don't think its the transmitter itself I think it is more the receiver. I followed the steps in the instructions on how to properly bind them and set them up. I am getting a lot of glitching and issues with steering, as in sometimes the wheels wont even turn in a given direction.

I also noticed that the antennae is REALLY short. Like shorter then any other 2.4ghz receiver I have seen.

When the receiver works properly, the green LED stays solid green. When it doesn't work correctly, the green LED flickers. I don't know what that means, or how to fix it.

I am pretty sure that it is not my ESC and motor. could it be a battery issue?

any ideas guys?
Take it back to the place of purchase and show them.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does the issue happen when the car is at rest (ie on a car stand) or when driving it?

What type of esc and steering servo do you have, some high current servos can cause "brown outs" with the Spektrum receivers especially if the ESC can't supply enough power to the receiver.

I had a similar problem when testing a Savox servo hooked up to a Spektrum 3500 receiver, the cheap esc I was testing it with couldn't supply enough voltage and the receiver would shut down for a few seconds.

You may be having a similar problem to another person that posted in this section and might want to look at getting one of these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector

Cheers
Rob.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

it happens when im driving it. the car will just stop working for like 10 seconds and then it will start working again but it will be all glitchy the whole time. the only way to fix it is to turn the car off and on again. then it will run fine until the car decides to stop working again.

do you really think it is the servo? I am running the receiver and servo that come with the DX3E transmitter. its the SR300 receiver and the S200 servo.

Do those capacitors really do anything? does it have to be a spektrum one or can it be from like novak or another company?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

got the spektrum capacitor and problem is solved. no more glitching or brownouts!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coopsnard
got the spektrum capacitor and problem is solved. no more glitching or brownouts!
Ah great to hear that your problem was solved

Sounds like the bec on your esc cant keep up with the current demand.
Seeing how cheap the capacitors are it might be a good idea to get another one for a spare.

Cheers

Rob.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Ah great to hear that your problem was solved

Sounds like the bec on your esc cant keep up with the current demand.
Seeing how cheap the capacitors are it might be a good idea to get another one for a spare.

Cheers

Rob.
ive had that same exact problem i speed run and the thing would loose range horribly i added 2 glich caps problem solved untill i hammered the throttle and then glich glich glich i use futaba period spectrum dx3e = small tracks only
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I bought the same DX3E setup from Amain yesterday and experienced some glitching issues today with the steering servo. Oddly, only the new S200 digital servo had problems, where my stock HPI Blitz servo was fine. Maybe the digital one pulls more voltage?

Either way, I have a 60A ESC and it seems like it should be able to provide enough voltage for one servo. Most of the time it glitches is not even when using full throttle, so it should have plenty of juice to deliver. I'm going to give the glitch buster capacitor a try since it's a cheap $5 part and see what happens.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Just an update: the glitch buster cap did not work. I think the SR300 receiver and S200 servo draw too much power from my ESC. It only has a 1.5A BEC, so I'm going to be getting a Castle BEC that should deliver 5.0A for the Rx and Servo.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wanted to post back that it was actually a bad servo (S200). I guess it was failing and drawing so much power it was overcoming the BEC and therefore glitching and also causing the Rx to have issues. Amainhobbies swapped out the bad servo for a new one, and all the problems have gone away.