Wiki Posts
Search

losi truggy breaks???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default losi truggy breaks???

was just wondering if you want more break in front or rear or the same for both in a losi truggy?? anybody have ideas or suggestions? thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by inferno13
was just wondering if you want more break in front or rear or the same for both in a losi truggy?? anybody have ideas or suggestions? thanks
Front will have a little more break. If you put to much break on the rear, you will cause to much stress on the rear diff and you will constantly have to re-shim.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Shuming
Front will have a little more break. If you put to much break on the rear, you will cause to much stress on the rear diff and you will constantly have to re-shim.

is this true with the eight-t 1.0 too?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Uhmmmmmm, it's "brakes." "Breaks" implies that it's easily broken.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
is this true with the eight-t 1.0 too?
I heard that it was, but I did not have that gear mesh problem in my 1.0. With the 1.0 they just said use the alu bearing holders in the rear diff
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Shuming
I heard that it was, but I did not have that gear mesh problem in my 1.0. With the 1.0 they just said use the alu bearing holders in the rear diff

oh i have the plastic diff holders, hopelly they will hold up for a race.
yea i never had a problem with the, 1.0 buggy diffs but than again a buggy is lighter.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run almost zero front brake. Running a lot of front brake will make the truck push like a dump truck under braking. I set the fronts so they are just barely dragging and set the rears to hold hard, but not lock up. 1.0 or 2.0, that is how I set my brakes.

Not sure about the whole rear end stress issue. That's a new one for me. If everything is shimmed correctly, brake won't hurt the rear end.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Inferno, the best thing to do is to test your brakes on your local track to see how they do. Set your end point on your brakes to give you a good solid stop without locking up your front or rear tires, then brake into a couple of corners to see if your truck understeers or oversteers. Add rear brake for understeering on corner entry, add front brake for oversteering on corner entry. Finally readjust your end point as necessary.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I run almost zero front brake. Running a lot of front brake will make the truck push like a dump truck under braking. I set the fronts so they are just barely dragging and set the rears to hold hard, but not lock up. 1.0 or 2.0, that is how I set my brakes.

Not sure about the whole rear end stress issue. That's a new one for me. If everything is shimmed correctly, brake won't hurt the rear end.
How do you control the nose in the air? I run the total opposite, I dont have a problem with it pushing. But a pro did tell me to take out some rear break because it was causing rear diff stress. IDK, thats just what I was told and how I run it, and like it alot.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
How do you control the nose in the air? I run the total opposite, I dont have a problem with it pushing. But a pro did tell me to take out some rear break because it was causing rear diff stress. IDK, thats just what I was told and how I run it, and like it alot.
I really just think this is one of those preference things. Some of the tracks I run on are really tight, and running a lot of front brake wouldn't work(at least for me). As for the in air corrections, the nose will come down easily even with little front brake if needed. I don't find that I need to bring the nose down very often anyway. I can see rear brakes causing an issue with the rear end if they are set to lock up completely, or you are jamming on them all the time, but other than that I don't see it.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I played around a few months ago with my break set up and found that having more rear break helped me take the corners faster. i was able to hit the break and make the rear slide a little and still having my front with very little break so i could still stear, then hit the gas and be gone out of the turn.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slider30250
Inferno, the best thing to do is to test your brakes on your local track to see how they do. Set your end point on your brakes to give you a good solid stop without locking up your front or rear tires, then brake into a couple of corners to see if your truck understeers or oversteers. Add rear brake for understeering on corner entry, add front brake for oversteering on corner entry. Finally readjust your end point as necessary.
thats kinda what i have been doing, sundays race i would apply alittle brake and it would flip right over, (way to much front...lol) but as soon as i knew not to apply so hard, man, that thing was hooked through the corners in and out. im thinkin if i set front alittle looser it will be perfect, just wondered what other guys had to say! thanks for the reply!! mike
Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Madbrad
I played around a few months ago with my break set up and found that having more rear break helped me take the corners faster. i was able to hit the break and make the rear slide a little and still having my front with very little break so i could still stear, then hit the gas and be gone out of the turn.
Same here!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by token
you should'nt need to control in the air if you hit the jump right to begin with, my truggy flys extreamly leval, just wondered about the cornering part of it.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

you should'nt need to control in the air if you hit the jump right to begin with, my truggy flys extreamly leval, just wondered about the cornering part of it.
Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.