Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with PICCO 21 EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Help with PICCO 21 EVO 2

Help, Just got e new PICCO 21 Evo2 for my sons buggy. We went through the usual breakin procedure but I am running into a problem. When the temperature reaches approximately between 220 and 240 the motor quits. It runs great with good response until it hits that temperature and then it just dies. We tried racing today at the track, and would do well during warmup but as soon as we started racing and the temperature would go up it just would quit, we would quickly restart it and the it would quit again! Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ouch

Ok bud sounds like you're going pretty lean,is your idle sounding clean?try 1hr clock wise, see if your temps lower and your bottom picks up punch.I ran the same motor p7 evo 2 r last season and it was a monster. Cheers
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Different Size Venturi

Hey thanks, I did notice it was getting up to temp very quickly, I installed the 7mm venturi on the carb, would using either the 8mm or 9mm maybe help?
Thanks.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Very familiar problem. I had this same issue with my wifes Evo 2. Gets up around 240 and just dog craps out. Switch to the 9 mm venturi and you'll find that it will richen up a bit (quite a bit actually). Also, what plug are you using? Get the Picco P6 plug (not the OS P6) It's a medium plug and will last forever. My wife has countless hours of practice plus 4 full races (2 heats and the main per race) with the same plug.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah sounds too lean possibly on the low side, no smoke when you hit the throttle when you accel. then smoke comes afterwards is a sign of too lean on your LSN it should be around the flush.