Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So what 's the point in......

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JROCK4224
Seems this happens at every track....slash racing gets popular then alot of drivers start complaing about the hacking....its supposed to be a fun class and people aren't supposed to take it that seriously....seemed to ruin it at four seasons people arguing over getting taken out....i won, i lost, but i always had fun and laughed my ass off, even if i got taken out....if you want clean racing go to stock or mod truck... its better but not perfect....its racin stuff happens if you take it that seriously then you should sell your stuff.....lighten up people.....what epople fail to realize while you pitching a fit over dumb stuff, your discouraging the new novices and unexperienced racers from showing up anymore....so shut up and race....if you wanna not get run into, practice sat....when no one el;ses is on the track.....geez who do you think you are kyle busch....

ps ....dont take anythihng i said as me being critical , i use alot of sarcasm and am joking about most stuff... just chill relax and have fun you'll find you finish better when you dont stress the racing....one other thing...I always told people if you race slash its not how fast you are its how fast you can avoid the wreck ....casue there will be one everytime.
I understans phst happends, I do a pretty good job at avoiding a lot of stuff, just what frustrates me the most is when traffic won't let you go by and trys thier hardest to take you out as you try to go by when your in a tight battle with second place. But, after the race is over its back to being cool again
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
stop calling it spec, start calling it SCT stock ?

Burps

check with Area 51 for cloaking devises
Well, we call it Slash Spec because it is slash only, and they are spec'd to certain criteria. SCT Stock would imply any SCT chassis with a stock motor. Don't get me wrong, that would be a blast, but that is an entirely different class!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Zach@4SEASONS
Well, we call it Slash Spec because it is slash only, and they are spec'd to certain criteria. SCT Stock would imply any SCT chassis with a stock motor. Don't get me wrong, that would be a blast, but that is an entirely different class!

Spec Slash class will only fade, SCT stock will become the norm and offer a class for Slash`s & all the other SCT trucks ...
Old 08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Down here in Eugene we quit trying and just call it corr truck. Now that there are several chassis's available we have a run what you brung mentality. Funny thing is that we have bone stock slashes win on a regular basis. As the class evolves I expext we will have to group by ability but it's really just for fun. No one takes it that serious down here, if your running at RC plus and want clean, step up to a sedan or pan car. As for RD's not following spec rules , Ask them to group the class with separate heats with a a heads up main. Serious folk should make their way up front then it's up to you to get around the hackers as you lap em, Just remember- Slashes are entry level vehicles designed to put the fun back in our already to serious hobby, they bring us new blood so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Spec Slash class will only fade, SCT stock will become the norm and offer a class for Slash`s & all the other SCT trucks ...
I see it lasting awhile, it is so far the ONLY class that has made it an entire year consistently, every other class still bug's out in the summer.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Zach@4SEASONS
I see it lasting awhile, it is so far the ONLY class that has made it an entire year consistently, every other class still bug's out in the summer.
Only because you put more in to promoting the Slash than the overall race program....

The racing attendance reflects your efforts...
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Default BOO

Only because you put more in to promoting the Slash than the overall race program....

Way to inspire GeO
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks Jon ....
Old 08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Jon ....
I think he was being sarcastic but you wouldn't get it anyway.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Shirk
I think he was being sarcastic but you wouldn't get it anyway.

O -I got it ....

and
apparently you did'nt..
Old 08-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

O -I got it ....
Good you are learning after all ...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Overall race program?? The slash is the reason we didn't shut down last summer! the summer before that we closed for all of July! AND Last winter we regularly had slash C mains, no other class had as many drivers as slash. Why would we cater to what people aren't running?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I don't think the point of Dumptruck's post was to complain about the hacking or rubbing during normal competition - there's a big difference between rubbing fenders down a straight or through the turns with equally matched trucks, and being drilled in to the pipes by a newer driver running a 4.5 every time you come around to lap him.
If the RD is going to allow these guys to run - no problem - then it should be up to the RD to set the new driver's end point and expo to bring the speed and acceleration down to a more sane level that will lessen the likelihood that he'll be breaking other racer's vehicles.
I hope the SCT class is here to stay - they're a blast to drive, they look great, and the low cost of entry will bring lots of new blood to the track.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What a prick thing to say. Really. It's the track owner that realizes that the world doesn't revolve around the few elite mod drivers that will have a higher rate of success keeping the lights on. I don't know - for some reason, I suppose I'd show some favoritism towards the class of 35 SCT's, too, if the other classes are having to stretch to put together a heat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.