Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Fuel Off-Road Regionals Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default ROAR Fuel Off-Road Regionals Video

Took a little trip down to Houston last weekend for the regionals. Held at Gulf Coast Raceway this year. That place is awesome and they put in a killer layout for the race. I shot 15 tapes worth of footage so its going to take me several days just to get that on the disk and get it organized. So last night I pulled some interesting clips while I was browsing the tapes and put together a little Tour of the Track. Up close and personal kinda tour I'll be posting some more but it might be a couple of days before I get another one out.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Hou-Roar-Track-Tour.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...Track-Tour.wmv

Griz
Old 08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome footage, was put together really nice.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That is killer editing work, keep it up!!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Very nice footage and editing.

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you make a video downloadable like in your link above? Do you have to have it hosted on your own site or can you do that from free hosting sites as well?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Fairly easy to do

Thanks for the compliments I do take my filming seriously. More like an obsession sometimes. I'm starting to get the hang of having more than one camera to work with. Just keeping them focused with the right exposure set and blank tape in them is a chore. But they turn up some excellent footage and you can put them where I wouldn't put my body I did have one get hit by a truggy and it didn't even glitch on the recording. I use short tripods so unless they get smacked head on and thrown they don't have that far to go before they are on the ground. I'm trying to figure out a way to make something to go around them that will further cushion any impacts. Something like a foam ring. Some of the video sites will let you embed videos they host. But if you want to use a large size like I do you'll have to lease a site. I use BlueHost.com and its under 100 bucks a year with plenty of space and bandwidth so you don't end up paying extra if one of your videos gets a lot of hits. The way you stream them is a few lines of code that you use to control the microsoft video player via the web broswer. Basically you create a separate page for each video you want to stream out of a template. Changing the actual filename titles dates etc from one to the other. Quick and simple. But you do have full control of the size and it doesn't get converted to flash which does weird things to video sometimes. Other than that there is nothing really you have to do to host them. You can check out the microsoft media player documentation for the section on embedding the player for full instructions.

Griz
Old 08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Another sweet one Griz!

Where/when was this race held?

Man, was that dirt they're racing on?! I've never raced on a surface like that!....Wow.

Totally blown away, music was K/A too!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool - thanks for the tips. I just recently got into shooting r/c videos. There's a lot to learn. I may have to look into getting a site. The first one I made was 178mb. I hosted it on putfile.com because that's the only free site I knew of that would host something that large, but the difference in quality between watching it on my computer and watching it on the web is amazing. I think the conversion to flash is what messed it up.

Thanks again,
Scott
Old 08-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yep flash conversion is bad for videos

You have to submit a really clear video for the flash conversion to work properly. Or put it out to flash yourself then it won't get converted. I just don't like the tiny windows most sites have. 320x200 or a little bigger just isn't big enough. Another thing you are going to want to do if you are putting up vids for a computer screen. Deinterlace the video before you encode it to wma. That will clean it up a lot. The race was held at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter. Otherwise known as Mike's Hobby Shop. Its a very nice complex with a complete hobby shop on-road and off-road tracks. Porter is just north of Houston. Its a packed clay track. Only one I've seen in Tx most are loose dirt tracks.

Griz
Old 08-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great video. The track looked awsome. Keep the videos coming.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Griz once again great video!! Please tell me youll be at Johnny Cool Guy's for the 3rd round of RC Pro. Maybe I can be a star!.. Keep it up Buddy!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default When is that race?

I'd like to get up to JCG soon. When is that race?

Griz
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you keep this up you can almost single handedly be the guy that gets RC nitro offroad on ESPN. With multiple cameras, in-car, and great post production commentary RC can be a very viable TV product.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Very cool griz. thanks for making the trip down to gulfcoast. for the regionals and the H.A.R.C. Race.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
I'd like to get up to JCG soon. When is that race?

Griz
http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/s...ate/2007-09-15

Sept. 15-16 I hope griz can make it also. I'd like to see vid of my buggy winning the F main for sportsman. HaHaHa.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Griz: Ive downloaded all of your videos, and they are fricking fantastic. Props.

2 things:

1st - Thank you for not putting generic buttrock on your vids...Im sick to death of thuddy powerchord riffs and drums like every other vid uses. You used Muse! WHOO!

2nd - The music is a bit loudish in some vids, but also its VERY tinny sounding. Im not sure what sort of bitrate your music is, but it sounds very thin, like the mids have been taken out of it on an EQ. Im not sure if that is a concession to file size, I just figured I would mention it.

Keep on rockin new vids!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.