Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trbotony
To whom it may concern,

Let me start off by letting you know before the race even started this was discussed with the officials and it was not an issue that I was running in the sportsman class. I do not have a chassis sponsor of any kind and pay for everything I need excluding fuel. The sportsman class here and anywhere is filled with guys that have sponsors. I am pretty sure that is why it is not called the non sponsored driver class and if that is the case then state it that way. They do not call it novice class because then people would say “man your too fast to run novice “. Hence the name sportsman, a class designed to keep average guys in the sport. Guys like me you and 80% of all RC racers, guys who feel they don't stand a chance racing your Adam Drakes and your Mike Thrues all the way down to your JR Mitch’s and Leon Macintosh’s . I really don’t know what the rules are in GA, but here in FL and according to ROAR the cut off to a sportsman class is a chassis sponsor.

Being sponsored does not make you a pro. Just means you are a marketing tool. Manufactures offer 50% deals to pretty much anyone. These companies loose nothing selling you product at the same cost they offer to the distributor, and they prosper by using you as a marketing tool to push product. Sponsored drivers are not pros but they are the guys who pay the bills for them.

In my opinion to change the prizes and payout's after a person wins a race is just wrong, if sponsored guys racing in the sportsman class was a problem this is something that should have been addressed after the first qualifier or at bare minimum before the mains not after it’s over. I’m truly sorry that the local fast guys did not win, had they been just a little faster this would not even being discussed right now.

The sheets from the mains show the spread to be less than a minute between the drivers, in a 30 minute race this is normal. Less than one second a lap. None of the races were won by ridicules laps and or time. It’s truly absurd that this has become a bashing session just because of who won. I do not feel I was breaking any rules. I never even saw any rules, some of you are making it sound like it was all part of the master plan. Not one mention of my 11th place finish in sportsman truggy, why because no one cares. But god forbid an average guy wins and all hell breaks loose. Bending me over after 3 days of racing and winning 1 race is just wrong.

At this point the officials have already taken away the prizes that were promised, publicly embarrassed not only myself but Caster Racing in front of everyone at this event and now on this thread. Mike Mazza I would like to return this RTR buggy back to you or Caster Racing cause it was used to be malicious and was not intended for the winner of the sportsman class but was to be given as door prize. Please feel free to call me at 407-908-4806 and give me your mailing address. I will be more than glad to cover the shipping just to make sure it get's to where it can be used for what it was intended for. Shane Keller the only thing left is this piece of plywood, here is the number again 407-908-4806 call me with your shipping address and you can give this the the same guy you gave the motor too.

Shane, I Tony Pattishall am personally responsible for over $2000.00 worth of entry fees to your event. I really pushed for all my friends to come, I really love racing and traveling and will continue to make this event every year in spite of how you treated me after winning. Two wrongs don’t make a right. It deeply saddens me to think you can do whatever you want whenever you want to a fellow racer after the race is over, and try to make me out to be the bad guy.

Mike Mazza please tell me how I . And I quote you “blatantly violated the rules and won your caster buggy” . What rules? Where are they please post them! You have made several post on here without all the facts. Do you just want to be part of something? Does bashing me make you feel better? Here is the # again 407-908-4806 im really not the 2 headed monster you are trying to make me out to be.

Prizes should have been given out as promised. The mistakes made help the officials to make for a better event for the next year. You can’t tell a person it’s ok for them to race in particular class and if they win renig on the prizes and give them to your friends or whoever you see fit.

I sure hope everyone can see the real facts here. I raced where I was allowed to race according to the officials that I asked before racing, I really don’t know any other way. That is why I asked. Here is my number again 407-908-4806 please call me asap with your address so I can ship back your products and your plywood. I will consider the $120.00 for entries, the $500.00 for gas, and the $300.00 for hotel a loss, before I let anyone think I did something that was out of line or wrong. Im not in the wrong in any way shape or form, and if I was I apologize to those who think that.

Sincerely

Your favorite SPORTSMAN fast guy

Tony,

Note that I never mentioned anyone's name online...thanks for making this a personal online attack.

you know you were wrong for running that class....as were a few other drivers. The RD doesn't know you guys by name.....and you were told when you asked if there were any stipulations about running sportsman that it was on the "honor system". I guess you showed how much of that you had.

Guys like you kill this hobby....your stealing prizes from real sportsman....who are actually beginners and don't have sponsors.......................................... ....because they're beginners and don't have the experience or knowledge to even rep a company....much less gain a sponsor by ability.

Some may disagree with the decision that was made....in the end....I won't loose any sleep over it. You guys that do this should start to see some consequences. I know that morally, the right thing was done.

And for the record....the RD had nothing to do with the decision about the engines. That decision was made by Brian Carey and myself.

And this was not MY race...therefore...your plywood doesn't belong to me.

Here's my number if anyone want's to talk about it....

205-281-3089

Last edited by skeller; 10-13-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Tony P.,

Don't sell yourself short. You were the fastest truggy guy in Sportsman, but you broke. I enjoyed talking with you on the stand. You seem like a cool dude to me, in a Miami Vice kinda way....lol
Old 10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would be more than glad to call you is now good or is it too late ?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

TONY, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT.

BY THE WAY......YOU FINSIHED 11TH IN SPORTSMAN TRUGGY CUZ YOUR WHEEL FELL OFF. NICE TRY. BEFORE THAT YOU WERE FLYING.

I LIKE YOUR LIST OF EXPENSES. I THINK 99% OF THE RACERS THERE SPENT THEIR SHARE OF MONEY TOO. I BROUGHT 5 RACERS TOO. WE ARE HAPPY TO SUPPORT THE RACE AND HOBBY. THE FACT YOU ARE BRAGGING WITH YOUR PAT ON THE BACK LIST SHOWS WHO YOU ARE. I WILL OFFER TO DONATE YOU A "BOZO BUTTON"
Old 10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To everyone involved in the 2008 SIC. Awesome job, i was able to see some pics for the first time tonight of the track, very nice work. To the racers, thank you for attending, despite the issues that came up during the event i hope everyone makes it next year.

As for the issue with sportsman and the PTM OS and NR I will start with this.

My very good friend Shane Keller asked me if i would like to be a sponcer for this event, and at that time VS races before i was in a better situation as far as motors available to do this. I was very happy to sponcer this event. These where my exact words to shane when i decided what i would offer, I said Shane how badass would it be to see a guy fight tooth and nail to finish first with a beat up buggy body falling off running on old used tires and a 8 gallon motor win his main and get a Fresh modded NR to take home, Shane said that would be badass, I know that the ruggedness of a car like that finishing and winning the A is unrealalistic, but to me it's just the thought of that one guy, having his one chance to get something that everyone is gunning for. That was my goal and why i wanted to do this.

As far as Tony P goes, i have never talked to the guy, and the same for Puddin, as far as i know they are good fellas, and i will not get on here and say who is wrong or right, I don't know any of the guys that where involved with the issue. I only know what i had invisioned happening was now going 180 deg the other direction due to people saying that some guys are running sportsman and should be running the class they normally run which seemed to be Pro.

Maybe the motors should have been givin to the winners, but with the uproar of what was happening i hade to make the decision i did, like i said before, my goal was to give that engine to a guy that has never run Pro but is looking to get to that level and just needs that one thing to help him.

I have been racing small cars for 14 years, and in big cars since i was 10 years old, we are all grown men here, Lopez is getting close lol we all want to win races, but with that said we know where we belong, i stoped entering novice or sportsman after 2 years of racing, going onto pro i had my ass handed to me more times than i can count, but i got faster every year, and i won more races in that level, on a more local level, but i was winning due to the fact i ran with faster people.

This was an awesome event. Lets move on and go racing and put this behind us, the guys involved have been through enough of this and don't need or deserve it, we have all wanted to win one way or another and will sometimes make rash decisions to make it happen, but the only thing we can do to redeem ourselves is to do the right thing next time. That is my 2 cents on this deal i hope we can move on. Thanks guys, and congrates to all the winners.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

lame! sandbaggers suck! god damn hippies! wonder why bobby and mark sponsor novice class?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

tntracer that is funny just call me tubs......lol thats my boy
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I would like to start out by saying that I had a great time at the SIC. This was my second big race and I made the Sportsman Truggy A-main. I have 1 sponsor which is Glover Racing and that is my dad. He supplies my cars and that’s just the name we go by. This was my 10th race and my 4th Truggy race and I was happy as crap that I finished 6th in the sportsman truggy a-main. But I was a few places short of getting my first prize or even my first trophy that showed I had accomplished something. But I did learn a lot this weekend and met some great people. Thanks to everyone for there support and tips. I can't wait for next year and I will be back And the track was awesome.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a picture of you before the Sportsman A-Main

Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Thanks alot Brian.

Elliot, glad you had a good time. And congrats on an A-main finish.

Tony, you had your chance at the race, I wasn't hard to find. But if you feel the need to talk to me now...over the phone and not eye to eye...I'll be up for a little while and I have free unlimited minutes on my phone.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shane, thanks again for the best night of my life.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

mugenb46

Totally agree with your post and dont have a problem with your decission. But lets be real the whole class was filled with sponsored drivers all the way down to the D main ,I know cause i have friends that came with me that raced in it. But its not about the sponsors cause if you told people they cant race sportsman if your sponsored it would prolly only have an A main and that would not draw much revenue 90% of racers have some type of love coming from somewhere. And you cant say if your fast you cant race sportsman that is why the line is drawn at a chassis sponsor other wise their is too much grey area. I just feel i was done dirty after the fact and i don't care how you look at it that is just wrong. The guys they gave the motors had newer equipment than im currently running. So its over now tho .. It was nice to think that we would get something cool for winning. The motors you sponsored to the race shows you are a class act and im sure the guys that got them will love um. I met the guys that got them they are super cool cats. We were messing around on the driver stand before the race started. you know talking sh!t one racer to another. They will make you proud. Good guys!! fo sho
Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Shaz...aren't you glad your one of my retarded friends?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeller
Shaz...aren't you glad your one of my retarded friends?
Yep, and it was cool of Bonnie to help feed the homeless with all of your homeade nanna puddin' too.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

You know shane your right i really have nothing nice to say its all personal at this point so i wont bother you

the track was awsome and like i said before i will be back every year i love to race there with all the new faces and i dont want to ruin that for myself its worth more to me than a $240.00 motor and by next year i sould be able to forgive you for doing me dirty .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.