Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1:8 RTR Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

good to read all this coments...
i'll buy in a couple of months my 1:8 buggy.... i'll race here against pro kits and rtr, losi is my target, i'm sure it will have great performance against pro kits, because we don't have here pro drivers.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

sorry to be a pinch in the a$$ - but how many topics do we have answering the same question?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you don't want to install a servo, or a tank you are in the wrong hobby. You start the thread like you want it to be a discussion about different buggies when really you want everyone to do the legwork in helping you decide which buggy is the "best". There is no best buggy, they are all capable of winning races. You will not find a RTR that is 100% race ready with out any upgrades needed. The Losi does have a nice package for someone getting into 1/8 scale.
Starter box, DX3s, Tires, Descent motor. I would hold off on buying a radio and just get the Losi RTR that will have a DX3s with it. I drive the RC8 which is a good buggy also.

Just flip a coin and get one! Just remember you will spend more time on maintenance than actual racing time
Typical race day running time for me is (3) 6 minutes heats and a 30 minute main. That's 48 minutes run time. I spend most of the week preparing my cars for race day.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hold out on buying a radio and get the losi 8ight 2.0 rtr. The only thing I would worry about upgrading is the steering servo and take the one that comes on it and move it to the throttle. you will be set then. it comes with a 21 (legal for racing), a bump box (must have), and a great dsm radio. You will spend up to $300 on a decent radio alone. Do the math !! LOSI 8IGHT 2.0 RTR is the way to go...
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak675
I bought a 8ight 2.0 rtr buggy and i love it. race it every other weekend with very good results, beating lots of kits.
you said you want to get it just to race, well the rc8 comes with a .28 that would have to be changed out before racing, where the 8ight comes with a race legal .21.
Wow didnt know I couldnt race with a .28, do they need to be single speed as well? My local hobby shop says they have some 1:8 buggies that are 2 speed.

Sounding like the 8ight is a better bet for racing so far.

Any idea about Mugen? Do they have any top end RTR on offer? Again I dont need the radio, just want the buggy and engine combo (including servo's)
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scwrod
If you don't want to install a servo, or a tank you are in the wrong hobby. You start the thread like you want it to be a discussion about different buggies when really you want everyone to do the legwork in helping you decide which buggy is the "best". There is no best buggy, they are all capable of winning races. You will not find a RTR that is 100% race ready with out any upgrades needed. The Losi does have a nice package for someone getting into 1/8 scale.
Starter box, DX3s, Tires, Descent motor. I would hold off on buying a radio and just get the Losi RTR that will have a DX3s with it. I drive the RC8 which is a good buggy also.

Just flip a coin and get one! Just remember you will spend more time on maintenance than actual racing time
Typical race day running time for me is (3) 6 minutes heats and a 30 minute main. That's 48 minutes run time. I spend most of the week preparing my cars for race day.

Im not asking anyone to do leg work, I asked for an opinion, anyone that doesnt want to respond to me doesnt have to, including yourself.

I appreciate everyones input, including yourself. I was under the impression that this forum was a friendly way to chat to other people interested in r/c and get knowledge out of it, including helping others which I look foward to doing when my knowledge increases through time.

You do have a valid point, I wanted this thread to be a discussion and its turned out people helping me, this was not my intention. Apologies.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

here we have lots of Xray and mugen, racing... http://www.rbracing.com.br/index.php

they are both good cars... in my opinion
losi, mugen, xray, HB, kyosho..... are all great cars... each one have pro and cons...
Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i bought the 2.0 just to have somethin to race w/my nitro friends. its a good time and great bang for buck. even though i flipped the radio and put my choice of servos in. its a race roller at hard. yeh the chassis isnt as light or trick (its barely 30g lighter IIRC) and the towers are not all hogged out. but oh well. starter box is very nice to work with and the engine is an above average unit.

i dont like nitro, still prefer elec. but to run w/my 1/8 friends. it suits me like no other 'RTR' could. and yeh, i still put it in the Amain 1st go around on time! (full Cmain and yes, expert). not bad for all the $$$ that was behind me

R
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

I am cool, no need to apologize. I am always ready to help. That was just my harsh way of trying to let you know this topic has been on going for years. It is very rare to see a question that has not been asked before. The search can be hard to get use to but is very powerful. Most people have trouble with the search and just post a thread hoping to get a quick answer with out sorting through the massive number of threads and pages.

I drive Losi, Xray and AE 1/8 scale. There are things I like and dislike about all of them but I don't regret purchasing any of them.

Peace
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scwrod
I am cool, no need to apologize. I am always ready to help. That was just my harsh way of trying to let you know this topic has been on going for years. It is very rare to see a question that has not been asked before. The search can be hard to get use to but is very powerful. Most people have trouble with the search and just post a thread hoping to get a quick answer with out sorting through the massive number of threads and pages.

I drive Losi, Xray and AE 1/8 scale. There are things I like and dislike about all of them but I don't regret purchasing any of them.

Peace
No worries
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by su3zero
here we have lots of Xray and mugen, racing... http://www.rbracing.com.br/index.php

they are both good cars... in my opinion
losi, mugen, xray, HB, kyosho..... are all great cars... each one have pro and cons...
Wow that is an impressive looking track. Its massive too!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sperera
Wow didnt know I couldnt race with a .28, do they need to be single speed as well? My local hobby shop says they have some 1:8 buggies that are 2 speed.

Sounding like the 8ight is a better bet for racing so far.

Any idea about Mugen? Do they have any top end RTR on offer? Again I dont need the radio, just want the buggy and engine combo (including servo's)
according to all sactioning bodies, buggies run a .21 and single speed.

the closest thing to just getting a buggy, motor and servos would be a losi race roller and buying your own motor and servos. all rtr's are going to come with a radio. so skip buying the radio seperate and get an 8ight, that radio is really nice. I never used it, but the guy i sold it to loves it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Wow that is an impressive looking track. Its massive too!
it's a good track...
1 lap - losi 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBZf0pKpVcI
Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats everyones opinion on the best RTR kit on the market at the moment?

I mentioned on another thread I thinks its the Associated RC8RS.

I know opinions will change but it could be interesting...........
Depends on how much you want too spend. OFNA ultimate mbx pro is a good starter buggy and you can get one for under $400 ready to go. cheaper that losi or AE.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

8ight 2.0 rtr, I have one

all I've done is upgrade servos and add the 2 extra clutch shoes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.