Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Kyosho Scorpion Ve XXL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I'll just throw a buggy body on my Truggy and call it a day In the end I wouldn't purchase this buggy. BUT this buggy is nice and well built and I'm liking what Kyosho has done with this. For me it's better to pop a buggy body on a Truggy and will still be around the same price as this buggy.
It's a little narrower (due to tyre width) than a Truggy but a bit longer.

GrimReminder - I don't have a Scorpion, I own the truggy you see in the pic. They're completely different things though. One is a 4wd the other is a 2wd.

The scorpion is lighter and drives like a proper 2wd buggy compared to the truggy which is more sluggish but much more stable and planted.

Putting a buggy body on it might give u the looks... But you'd still be driving a truggy. The scorpion however provides you a complete different experience.

And the Scorpion where I am at is considerably cheaper than Truggies. It's abt US$ 300 cheaper (if you include truggy electronics and such).
Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I have a question tak4. I'm assuming you have a hobbywing program box, I think that esc in the scorpion is a hobbywing. Does your program box-card work with that esc?

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Electronics as far as ESC and motor are from Orion, however, there box looks really close to the hobbywing programmer, similar to speed passions old GT2.0 Programming box.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I'm not sure.... if it works. I only have the basic 1/10 hobbywing that i use to programme my ESC's though. not the digital one
Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think that Orion in it is a rebadged hobbywing. I put a MMM in mine since I can program that alot easier.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w_dupree
I think that Orion in it is a rebadged hobbywing. I put a MMM in mine since I can program that alot easier.
With that ESC have you tried more than 4S? I have a 5S pack just sitting here but I am not sure if it needs the extra power.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

4s is more than enough, traction is pretty limited.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thx138
Got mine today. Pictures and impression will be coming soon. Ask questions and I will try to answer them.
Hi there!

I have a question for you, please: today I had a chance to get my hands on a brand new car in a LHS.

I noticed a very large play in the REAR LOWER arm, left+ right the same amount, like 5 to 8mm.

Could you check your car pls on that matter?

Many Thanks!!

Last edited by 2012RCTECH; 11-16-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2012RCTECH
Hi there!

I have a question for you, please: today I had a chance to get my hands on a brand new car in a LHS.

I noticed a very large play in the REAR LOWER arm, left+ right the same amount, like 5 to 8mm.

Could you check your car pls on that matter?

Many Thanks!!
There was play in the rear arms but not as much as you saw. I had about 3mm of play but I added 2mm shims and it is not an issue.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by w_dupree
4s is more than enough, traction is pretty limited.
yeah, but 6S will give a nice top speed on larger tracks.

BTW nice selection of parts in A main.

Just bought the clear body set and MP9 wing + decals to customize this.
I'm thinking of yellow with AKA rear truggy tires on yellow wheels, front wheels will be black.

Waiting for the optional led lights to arrive. Did you notice you can easile move the side lights onto the top deck with clipses supplied with.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you use Truggy wheels you need 1/2" offset wheels or hub extenders. I ran some Sweep soft compound tires with Losi hub extenders on my local track and the buggy hooked really well, it was a lot of fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Ok, thanks for the tip!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thx138
There was play in the rear arms but not as much as you saw. I had about 3mm of play but I added 2mm shims and it is not an issue.
I checked mine quickly yesterday after reading this.. I didn't see any visible play
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Hi,
tuned my Scorpion today a little.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikaR
yeah, but 6S will give a nice top speed on larger tracks.

BTW nice selection of parts in A main.

Just bought the clear body set and MP9 wing + decals to customize this.
I'm thinking of yellow with AKA rear truggy tires on yellow wheels, front wheels will be black.

Waiting for the optional led lights to arrive. Did you notice you can easile move the side lights onto the top deck with clipses supplied with.
Mika, this is one of my favorite cars to come out recently. I can tell you that I've run with both 4S and 6S, and 6S is almost too much power (I know, who ever says that?!). With softer compound tires (which are available from Kyosho and any of the many racing tires for trucks), the car pulls wheelies easily running 4S. I intend to gear up to get more top speed, but also to settle down the power at slower speed. It really has too much punch with the standard gearing, at least when running on dirt.

I don't suggest running the lights on the roof, although they can be installed there. If you drive too aggressively and roll the car, your lights will be gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.