Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I want something, I can't find it in the classifieds and want it for nothing

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Financially strapped rc addict......needs alms for the poor..........anyone?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Guys I need a RTR VTA car... I have a box of Twinkies im offering as trade.. You pay shipping..

Seriously though, I could agree with most of what's said of here.. Its no diff in the FS thread though. Everyone starts with very high prices, sometimes $10 or $20 less then new and their thinking is that it must be worth that much since ive only ran it 5 mins.

Also, when I see someone post that they've only ran it for 5 mins or "its only been run twice", I run in the opposite direction. The reason for this is because ive purchased items from such people and when I get the part, it looks like crack. The more you try to tell me how little its been used, the more I don't believe you. Post up clear pics and ill judge for myself. I don't expect something completely new when I buy something used but stop trying to justify your over the top price with comments we can't verify. I find it hard to believe that you keep track of how many times you've run it or that you would ever mention if the motor ever went over its heat threshold..
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)

Got a new good one... how many hours on your servo?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have my futaba 4pl 2 recievers and a carrying case listed for $225 shipped and get asked if i would take $150 shipped... NO!!! lol.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlantonBx8
I have my futaba 4pl 2 recievers and a carrying case listed for $225 shipped and get asked if i would take $150 shipped... NO!!! lol.
So I guess if I offered $151 we have a deal?

I had something on CL just yesterday and was told I was asking too much. I guess 50% of new is being greedy for almost new tires . Then he told me he owned a hobby shop. Then when I told him I would just take a credit at his hobby store for them he forgot to make it clear he just worked there.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Also, when I see someone post that they've only ran it for 5 mins or "its only been run twice"
I recently had a Losi SCB on CL that yes had been run 6 packs, had the TLR package 2 extra sets of wheels/tires (new). I had $450 into it and posted it for $200. So this guy comes over and the first thing out of his mouth is "will you take $180" During the conversation it was clear he had no real knowledge of rc cars and the kicker of course was him saying several times "I want it for my kid" .... So I let it go for $180, they were in a hurry and left without the 2 batteries I was including.
That night I got an email from him asking about the batteries and he gave me a link to another SCB on CL that was more used without the options and extra parts and higher priced and he says "you should get that one" ?? WTF ?? So I emailed him back. " Why would I want a more used one at a higher price than the one I sold you? " What I didn't say was "see the awesome deal I gave you?" I doubt he would appreciate it anyway.
The phrase for me was "it's for my kid" . The last time I heard that was when I sold an awesome Clodbuster to a guy, only to see it a week later in the hands on another adult, yea the guy made some money on that one. WADS
Old 07-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default twinkies

Originally Posted by phippy
I really want a baja 5b flux and I'm willing to trade for one case of Twinkies!
i think if you throw in a box of reeses its a deal
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

I want some decals for my new SCTE body. If anyone out their makes them please PM me. I was thinking of an Avenged Sevenfold logo for the hood plus some other stuff.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by javi0sh
I want some decals for my new SCTE body. If anyone out their makes them please PM me. I was thinking of an Avenged Sevenfold logo for the hood plus some other stuff.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Devigili22
Not trolling being serious. I think that a big Avenged Sevenfold skull bat on the roof of my rc would be fn awesome.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks , I have enjoyed reading this. Good stuff ! The two I got this week were ... "Has the truck ever been in a accident , and does it need any adjustments ?" and the other is .... " whats the least you will take for that speed controller ? " shortly followed by " ok cool , do you think it will work good in a tmaxx?" Look , the forums are free , you may want to read a bit before you start sending messages.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Decals ... 1/8th scale!!

I have a 1/8th GT car and I need decals. Anything will do as I neeed everything......

Thank you

BM
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Still can't find the free section.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Still can't find the free section.
^LOLz. I've actually seen things listed at URC FS forums for "free." just pay $15 shipping and handling.

anyway, on a serious note, I see hotrod87 has posted in here a lot, and he's currently looking for an ESC.(and I know that he is not available at the moment.) but would someone PLEASE tell me if my offer to his wanted thread is going to end up getting me talked about in this thread....

here it is if you couldn't find it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...hless-esc.html
Old 08-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erevo1*16
^LOLz. I've actually seen things listed at URC FS forums for "free." just pay $15 shipping and handling.

anyway, on a serious note, I see hotrod87 has posted in here a lot, and he's currently looking for an ESC.(and I know that he is not available at the moment.) but would someone PLEASE tell me if my offer to his wanted thread is going to end up getting me talked about in this thread....

here it is if you couldn't find it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...hless-esc.html
No it's not. Your post in my thread was very professional. It actually had a price and pics . Thank you .
P.S I did find one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.