Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19turn racing in australia

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sorry to dig up a old thread but just checking the latest AARCMCC rules (attached) it looks like we have a 19t "spec class"

apart from the club challenge I have not seen much 19t racing done at the big events,

if we had a 19T class at more of the big events I would enter for sure,

what does everyone think?

Last edited by Rod M; 03-17-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If only there was 19 turn at the Winter Champs...

I'd have to run stock if I enter. No point running 19t amongst mod - done that a Gosford and didn't have much fun. Might be interesting to see how high up I'd get.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know they use Spec 19T for Seniors in Off-road and also for 1/10th F1 (Pretty Much dead for AARCMCC). I'm pretty sure this is what it's for.

Last edited by Birky; 06-04-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I honestly don't think a 19 turn class can ever grow locally. Racers are now face with enormous race meets (not complaining ) and controlled tyres, which have actually decrease entries on both club meets and big meets due to racers can now pick and choose. Not like before were big meets are spaced out by a few months each. Having another factor, like introducing another class will just dilute the low entries we now have. Just my .02 cents It will be interested to see the entries for Winterchamps, Meca & Club Challenge since all 3 are 1 week apart.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

I believe in the long run it will actually attract/retain more drivers in the hobby,

Many new guys start at 540/27t for the first few months only to get frustrated by the gun drivers who know all the tricks and don't want to move to Mod, these new guys then buy at 7-8t/brushless to try out mod (thinking it is easier) only to get burnt even worse.

there needs to be a clear performance path as the differnece between a 27t and 7t/brushless is just insane,
Old 06-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's an interesting discussion. In theory, a 19T class would be ideal. Good speed, not too demanding on equipment, excellent motor variety & supply available, batteries are not a huge factor. I for one would happily run 19T at any event that supported it PROVIDED I would be racing against more than 2 or 3 others.

Dan is right though, there are too many events, too close together & ultimately, racing in general suffers as a result.

If there were some sort of ranking system to "push" guys out of stock, then perhaps 19T would become more viable. As it stands, unless someone goes to mod voluntarily, nothing stops people trophy hunting in stock.

Have a look at the Winterchamps thread & see what the uproar in pullstart is all about. Guys who should be running open anyway are spitting the dummy because they are being forced out of pullstart & into the "D" final in Open. Same theory applies here.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would like to see the development of classes follow what has happened in the states, stock relegated to a beginners/weekend basher class, with 19t becoming the intermediary class.

In onroad the 19t delivers a very nice balance of speed and handling. On many tracks stock is just too slow, and yes Rod the difference between a stock and a single digit mod is too large for the greater majority of people to make the leap.

the new class needs to start at club level not at big events. If people put away their stock motors at clubbies, the demand for big events will increase.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomix
If there were some sort of ranking system to "push" guys out of stock, then perhaps 19T would become more viable. As it stands, unless someone goes to mod voluntarily, nothing stops people trophy hunting in stock.
This sounds like a new thread
Old 06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

looking at the race entrys anecdotally there always seem to be more than twice the number of 27t stock heats as Mod heats, i.e 4x stock, 2x mod,

essentially we need to look at splitting this up to: 2x stock, 2x 19t, and 2x mod,

I don't think that pushing guys into 19t would be a good idea, but if we had to do it, it could be anyone who finishes 1-3 in two or more major sanctioned meets needs to move out of stock.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

In south Queensland 19T has a foothold. There is at least one club running a regular 19T class, and the interclub series includes 19T on the schedule.

The standard format for big meets here has become 540/19T/pullstart nitro on the saturday and then Stock/Mod/Open Nitro on Sunday.

The result is that quite often 19T is the biggest (or nearly biggest) class at the event - and has a really strong mix of stock and mod regulars racing together. It has been competitive and fun.

We run to spec rules with fixed timing. Motors from Atlas, Trinity and Orion (plus all the various tuners such as Surge and EA) are proving competitive.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Similar to Queensland, SA has regular 19t racing here too.

Hobby Habit run 19t racing with a control motor, everyone runs the 19t Peak Dynasty motor, 24degree locked timing and machine wound arms.

SDMCC also run a 19t class for any 19t motor with locked or adjustable timing.

Our state titles last November also had a 19t class as well, however adjustable timing and handwound armatures were allowed so it was quite a bit faster than a normal 19t class but still great to watch!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

it sounds like NSW is lagging behind the rest of Au when it comes to the adoption of 19t.

I am also guessing that NSW would have the largest racer population as well,
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

We have been running 19t as a regular class at Brush Farm since the start of the year. It got off to a slow start, but more people are taking it up.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

ACTRCCC ( Kambah ) has been running 19t class locked timing control tyres either sorex 36r or takeoff 27 for 2 seasons now

the last of the stock drivers are moving into 19 turn and the mod guys have too

its a good even class there isnt much difference between motors so the tweekers dont get a massive advantage unlike stock

as far as speed is concerned there isnt much between a top stock motor and 19t with at best being able to gain only one more lap then stock

I find because the motors have bearings they run cooler and smoother and maintenance is only a matter of cutting the comm each meet using XXX brushes ive sone 6 meets with 5 runs a meet unlike stock spending ages on a motor trying to get every bit out of it

the only real difference between one car to another is driver and setup
Old 06-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

hey, if ya wont, i reckon bathurst can run a 19t class. for you? if you turn up , do anything to get more drivers!!! 40 is just not enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.