Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking turn marshalls...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I marshall better than i drive, but if my eagerness to right your wrong caused you grief by using my foot, then i'll try a lot less next time.
I have never hurt a car with my foot
I have shut off many cars with my hands on accident from my glove stuffing the exhaust or the flywheel.
After trying as hard as i can to TM you i put you down in the right direction and you make me eat a face full of dirt before i can back away.
Don't tell me how to marshall when you need to learn to drive.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
I marshall better than i drive, but if my eagerness to right your wrong caused you grief by using my foot, then i'll try a lot less next time.
I have never hurt a car with my foot
I have shut off many cars with my hands on accident from my glove stuffing the exhaust or the flywheel.
After trying as hard as i can to TM you i put you down in the right direction and you make me eat a face full of dirt before i can back away.
Don't tell me how to marshall when you need to learn to drive.
true to a point if u dont like the marshalling u could always not crash near me or learn not to crash hahahahah
Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Hippie Man was the best turn marshall ever, he would actually sit in the track and read 2 novels/ books and eat mexican food and could still turn marshall better than the best guy you know. However when he was drunk he would step on your car and everybody elses, he carried a 1.75 liter of Mcormick Vodka in his back pack so he could refresh himself without ever abandoning his post as turn marshall. His mere presence encouraged prudent driving.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rampokker
Buggies and truggies have big wings that make perfect handles for flipping cars. I know that marshalls are just doing their best (well most of them anyway), but kicking my car is not acceptable. If you don't want to marshal properly, then don't go racing. Marshalling is part of racing, so do it properly!
Thats what I grab when I flip the momo drivers. That way they can't pinch me with their steering or spin tires on my arm.

Takes forever useing the wing but it works.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I lost a nic 1 inch wide by two inch long chunk of skin on my wrist marshalling a sportsman 1/8th race a few years ago. Someone gasses a car in my hand when im not pitting it goes right back on its lid, if you do it twice in a row someone else can marshal your car.
If someone crashes around me with their pipe loose Ill shut them down too, no one wants to hear a nitro motor without a muffler.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Ok...stink happens. We all get turtled. And indeed, we need marshalls and I am greatful when an attentive person helps me out, please don't get me wrong here. My question is, how do you all feel when a marshall "gently kicks" or uses his/her feet to marshall. For me, personally, it is an extreme pet peeve. It me to the point I was yelling a bit yesterday at one guy. I doubt he heard me , and either way, nothing happened. But some of the pit help looked up at me like I was an idiot...lol. So what's you're opinion?

PS- I would most appreciate those that I race with to post as well.
Rob, I really dont mind as long as they are quick about it and dont hit the stinger or flywheel...
Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Thats what I grab when I flip the momo drivers. That way they can't pinch me with their steering or spin tires on my arm.

Takes forever useing the wing but it works.
I will use the wing if readily available but just this weekend i grabbed one and either i broke the mount or it was already broke but it got stuck on my glove while he was trying to leave and it took even longer to get my glove out.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

This past weekend at the S.I.C. it was probably the hardest track to marshall due to poor footing and high speeds even the athletically gifted would fall on their behind or face often and get hit from all angles but i'm gonna worry about your $40.00 body on your car while i'm gently flipping you over in the right direction, meanwhile 4 other racers all doing 35mph don't see me or your car until after i've been hit in my temple from bending over.
It's generally the sportsmen who are the most dangerous as their vision and skill are lacking causing more wrecks, but even the pro's crash and the only complaint i've ever heard directed towards a marshall was to be faster, not more gentle.
In closing if my foot is that big an issue i will stop using it, and i will wait until all traffic has passed (for my safety) and then slowly and gently bend down and carefully flip you over so you can keep racing.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

please!a turn marshall aint gonna hurt your toy. i just dont like it when the car kicks me when im turn marshalling. im old,fat with two bad legs.
ohhh sssssss ohhhh sssssss ohhhhh sssssss lolol
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

How bout the ameture marshall who chases down a runaway 1/8 scale just to put it back on the track right after he gets it? Thats my favorite....

Every night before we race I hold a mandatory drivers meeting to explain and show how to marshall each and every type of car. Besides the occasional 4 year old getting hit in the head with an sc-10(please don't let your spectating youngin on the track, especially by the backstretch triples) accidents are minimal

Oncoming traffice has the right of way, you are not to pick up a car while they are on the throttle, I have let guys flame before who would not let off, it only takes two seconds to filp a car over once you are there, if it flames in that time while you are off the throttle, it is time for a tuning lesson..

1/8 scale buggy and truggy, turn over via back wing, no matter what the situation

2wd electric/gas, front wheels

Monster trucks, just kick em(just kidding) not really much to grab on those, so these might be the only exception where feet are ok, but wear shoes for christ sake if you are on the track, if you wear sandals, you are askin for pain.

short course:front or rear bumper

I do agree with people who dont like to me mudded by the driver on the throttle before the car hits the ground, people really need to stop that.

If you are racing and do not marshall, or do not have a qualified substitute, your qualifiers do not count, simple as that, no excuses..

This thread would make a good handbook
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I always carry the 3 credos-

*Turn marshall as you would wish to be marshal'd!

*If you cant physically marshall-it is "your" responsibility to find or bring a substitute marshall.

*Be on time-nothing worse standing there waiting for spot 8 over and over

If you continue to gun your engine when i reach down-well-it might get the foot..

I think the race directors should start booting the "bad" ones as well as hacks..

They are a liability to the sport. One goof ball, who stepped on my car in the main at a big race breaking a steering tierod, was at a local track and I had to run constantly as he was on the cell, smoking, and generally had a finger in his arse.

Jerks like that have no business at the tracks as it drives good clients away.

Last edited by willbe; 10-07-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

as long as the car is right side up and facing the right way its fine. i don't like when they run to your car and try to flip it with one hand too rushed and just flip you back upside down or into another car. just get to the car, grab it and drop it right side up away from the other cars. i had a marshall take a another car off my wing at the end of the straight and threw me behind the car i was stuck on, then a car from the straight away hit me and broke an arm, end of warm-up for me, qual gone.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default WOW

This thread got a lot of mileage!
I am surprised how passionate people are about this subject!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think marshalling with your foot is a sign of laziness and disrespect for other people's property. Other than that, I've got no problem with it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

sounds like they simply dont know how to correctly marshall a car......myself, Im all over it, I enjoy it........It also let's me see the fast guys lines up close and hear when they are on/off power as well so I'm learning when I'm out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.