Wiki Posts
Search

ninja parts in a v-spec ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ninja parts in a v-spec ??

Someone told me i could put jx .21 parts in my v-spec. It needs a piston & sleeve . Do i have to replace the crank also. I would think i would have to. Anyone have experience with this . Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no you dont HAVE to..but the ninja crank is just a all around better crank than the v-spec...

i run the speed crank in my ninja...and i have ran the ninja crank in my vspec but i let my buddy buy it..and i put a modded crank in there insted..
Old 10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by romax
Someone told me i could put jx .21 parts in my v-spec. It needs a piston & sleeve . Do i have to replace the crank also. I would think i would have to. Anyone have experience with this . Thanks in advance.
i have done it but in a Speed, and frankly i don't know if you can put a regular vspec rod in the JX P/S (i think you can).. and if you purchase a Speed rod...put it in a regular crank....I'll search for more info.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you use a speed or JX crank, you will need to use either the JX or Speed rod. The reason is the oil hole is different in the cranks of the jx/speed and the standard vspec. Other than that, you should be able to drop in the jx sleeve and piston right in. Be sure to check the rod though. It may be a good idea to change the rod just in case the bushings are worn. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry i didn't say but i am replacing the rod as well (with a speed rod or ninja rod) as the bearings, seals etc. I am doing a complete rebuild. I could get a repinch but thought i'd just rebuild & see how it goes.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romax
Sorry i didn't say but i am replacing the rod as well (with a speed rod or ninja rod) as the bearings, seals etc. I am doing a complete rebuild. I could get a repinch but thought i'd just rebuild & see how it goes.
it WILL work dude go for it
Old 10-19-2009, 01:07 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

We tryed this and the v-spec has a differen timing than the speed and jx.

you can put a jx sleeve in a speed and vice versa but it you put the ninja sleeve in the v-spec it wont tune up properly, you'll have to put the crank in aswell. and if your going to all that trouble you might as well just leave it all in the ninja
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TIX
We tryed this and the v-spec has a differen timing than the speed and jx.

you can put a jx sleeve in a speed and vice versa but it you put the ninja sleeve in the v-spec it wont tune up properly, you'll have to put the crank in aswell. and if your going to all that trouble you might as well just leave it all in the ninja
Thanks, if i have to replace the crank also i may as well just buy a new ninja engine . It wouldn't cost much more to buy a new engine. Guess i'll just have a repinch on the v-spec .
Old 10-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've seen a hybrid motor which of speed/jx parts run. The motor I saw was a fellow racer who had cracked his speed case, and was just fooling around. The motor he had built was just plain wicked! It was impressive enough for me to order the parts to build one just like it. I run speed motors and have to say that his motor had the bottom like a speed, but would just keep reving.