Default New Track At Trans and Lanes Hobbies, Easton PA

The Plans are in motion to start a new track,

we need your support,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...easton-pa.html
Old 03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default track plans

Hey everybody:

I just got in touch with my friend that is going to bring the machinery to help build the track. He will have the machinery there at the end of this month to level the land and to put in the base of our track in for me. Just to let you guys know that this track is defenitely going in. The size of the track as I measured out today will be right around 87 feet wide and 175 feet long. The track is going to have a 7-10 inch grade built into it towards route 33 for water draining purposes. After measuring out the track base it looks like it will be the perfect size, not small but at the same time it is not too big.

I am planning on having the machinery there at the end of March weather permitting of course. After the base is laid out for us I want it to settle for two weeks before I need people to show up and help putting in the layout onto the base. This way the track does not sink down after the track is built. The layout should be put on the track around the second week of april and the computer system will be put in and tested aswell this way everything is working before the first race of the year. Then the day before our first race I would like to test the computer system again and run a mach race on the computer system just to test everything so that on race day there will be no computer problems at all like have hurt our racing seasons in the past.

Well if there are any questions please feel free to ask. I hope to see everybody either helping us build this awsome track or at the track racing this year. I do appreciate everybody's help and input.

oh by the way I do want to hear what you guys think about racing on either saturday afternoons or sundays. I was thinking of racing on Saturdays starting around 2 pm so that people that have a little bit of a trip can make it there without having to leave before the sun comes up. Or racing on sundays starting around 11 am. What will work better for the racers and give us the best turnout possible. I cannot garuntee that we will be able to race on saturdays yet due to the onroad racing but I am talking to them if they would be able to race on sundays and give us saturdays if that would be a better day for us. I am not trying to step on their toes because they raced on saturdays last year. I would like to hear your input on this subject.

thank you
Anthony
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Looking to race this year.

Hey I just moved around the area like a year ago from NY, looking for a track to race at do they run electric off road classes there too. By the way I could race on saturdays not really on sundays because I go to church in the morning.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 AM
csx
Tech Rookie

I will not be an every week racer but will definetly be there often if you go with Sunday. Slash class/classes???
Old 04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default start date, man power needed

Ok guys I have talked to my friend who is bringing the machinery out and we set a date to start the build of the track. I know we are getting a late start but the machinery was out on a job but it will be at trains and lanes on Saturday april 11th and Sunday april 12th. We are going to do all the prep work saturday and Sunday we are going to do the leveling. I would like some people to come out and help on Sunday. This track is definately going in. As for the drivers stand I think we are going to build a mound of dirt 6 ft high and build the stand on top of that about 2 ft tall. This would put us standing 8 ft in the air over the track and would make the build a lot easier and cut the cost on lumber.

This weekend is to level the land and get the base of the track put in. Then in two weeks we are going to put in the actual racing layout and jumps in so that it get packed down properly and does not get blown out so quickly.

I hope to see you guys out there helping built the track. When it is done it is going to be a good track and a lot of fun to race on.

To answer your questions:
We are not sure if there is going to be an electric class yet, we have to wait to see what shows up and wants to run.

As far as slashes, I would like to see them show up and run. I also want the gas core truck class take off with the sc8 and traxxas core truck.

We are going to be running on sundays
Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long do you think it will be before the first race?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

How's that new track coming along?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Um: Whats the Story

I have been posting on 3 different thread's on this year's Offroad Season
"IF WE ARE EVEN GOING TO RACE"
I went to T&L with a friend sunday April 19th "nice day" NO OFFROAD RACING I spoke to a few guy's useing the track according to them thay dont know what's going on with racing. The other "New" Track seem's to be not too much progress going on there "but could be wrong" I explained to the guy's there's a guy that posted a thread he want's to run a quick 5 race season Thay feel the same as I and want to race all summer.

I want to START RACING Sunday's on the OLD Track I posted a Date MAY 3rd but I dont know if that will even stick. My friend is growing the need to race even more with the weather getting warmer & 2nd his thoughts he told me if T&L doesent get the ball rolling in a 2-3 week period he's driving to Hobbytown in redding to race
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think trains is dead, going to hobby headquarters and hobbytown in reading.