Community
Wiki Posts
Search

witch one is the fastest around Buggy or Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default witch one is the fastest around Buggy or Truggy

A truggy is wider and has more tire on the ground. It is also a bit longer and more stable.
They should have more grip in the corners and no one has ever won a race at the sraight so the extra weight is a point for the buggy but ownly a little one.

A buggy has more acceleration and it stiring is more direct.
Top is a little higher on the sraight du to les weight.
There are more tires made fore buggy then truggy so there is more to experiment.

wat is the fastest?
in theory it should be a Truggy but in practise?
I think a buggy

mzl Hellsavage
Old 01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It depends on the track and the layout. They are pretty much dead even though. If you look at results from major races they put down almost the exact same number of laps in the same time.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On rougher tracks with big jumps and such, the truggy will have an advantage due to its wider stance(more travel) and ability to soak up that stuff better.

On smoother/smaller tracks with less jumps, the buggy will have an advantage due to it's weight, being there wouldn't be as much power needed on this type of track as the track listed above.

On alot of tracks though, the two tend to be pretty equal.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd have to say a truggy is faster, because it can tackle obsticles that would make a 1/8 buggy bobble. I've watched people like taylor james, and he's definatly faster with his truggy rather than his buggy, and that's on the same track.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is the fastest and most reliable buggy out there? I know that everyone has there personal preference.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Depends on the track really. But on the straight, the bugg is faster.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think in most cases they're pretty closely matched overall. The pros/cons of each balance the two classes pretty well(depending somewhat on track). I think that a driver's driving style may cause them to personally be faster with one or the other though.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There are some acceptions but all the lap times i have seen buggies have been faster. Ive never driven a truggy but they look like they drive like a cadillac compared to buggies which are more like your twitchy sports car =]. But hey all ive driven is a buggy so what do i know
Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone on this tread is right about the advantages between truggy Vs. Buggy. I am a truggy driver and thinks my truggy moves. But on the other hand, at my track, there are some buggys that are ballistic. In general, I think a buggy is a little (not much) faster than a truggy. Everything depends on gears and how hopped up your motor is. (set-up).
Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

On most tracks I think buggys are faster for nitro and truggys are faster for electrics.

So it's a tie
Old 08-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I just raced both this weekend and my truggy was 1 lap faster and about 4 seconds per lap faster on average. Same track. Was a pretty bumpy track though.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rescuemann
What is the fastest and most reliable buggy out there? I know that everyone has there personal preference.
That is a question that will get a lot of people in trouble. Reliable is impossible to answer because there are too many variables. With our race team, we literally have a few guys that have never broken anything and we have a few that place an order every week. Driving skills, temperatures, track conditions, etc.....way too complicated for an answer.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that the Caster Racing Fusion Sport was the fastest 1/8 scale ever tested at 71mph in RC Driver with a castle system and maxamps batteries. I do not recall any other 1/8 tested going faster than 60mph. BUT!!!!

With the right gearing, esc, motor, batteries you can get any of them to go fast and realistically you would NOT want a car to be capable of these speeds to be on an actual 1/8 off road track as it would be undriveable. Most people shoot for approx 40mph top speed for actual racing. Hope it helps.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

But yes, our electric rtr truggy is the fastest production vehicle we currently make as it is faster than the buggy and from what we have seen on the track, truggies are usually the same or slightly faster in the hands of most drivers due to the extra ground clearance, suspension travel, track width and wheelbase, and double the contact patch.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:02 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Since truggy tires are rounded making the contact patch only the very center portion, I don't think truggy tires have more contact than buggy tires. They seem pretty equivalent there. I think it depends mostly on the track. Rough tracks can make buggies unstable due to less suspension travel whereas a truggy can soak that up and continue on it's directed course at full speed.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I spend less $$ replacing parts on my bug. Truggies create slop so much faster and that knuckle needs to be beefed up a notch.

Anyway I prefer to work on a bug, no need to remove the bodyshell to make suspension setup changes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.