Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals? >

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Nolan.. I know you're local to Leisure, did Scott make a bid? Leisure doesn't even promote Nitro onroad. It's a shame as it's one of the best facilities in the States. I'm sure plenty of on road tracks could host a Nats event. Would they be ideal? No. But, we all go to tracks we're not completely happy with and make the best of it. Hopefully, we always have FUN interacting with our follow
racers. I know the financial end of things mandate most, if not all the decisions, but their are still guys like George who think of catering to the racers comes first. What's your motive for starting this dialogue? You have a place in Fla? Do what I did and by a trailer with A/C and invite your buddies in for a cold drink and some bench racing. See ya at the Byrons, if Leisure isn't a Pot Farm by then...
Thanks Nick it is drivers like you & others is the answer why myself & my partner Steve continue to have motivation to continue on
Old 01-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nolan.. I know you're local to Leisure, did Scott make a bid? Leisure doesn't even promote Nitro onroad. It's a shame as it's one of the best facilities in the States. I'm sure plenty of on road tracks could host a Nats event. Would they be ideal? No. But, we all go to tracks we're not completely happy with and make the best of it. Hopefully, we always have FUN interacting with our follow
racers. I know the financial end of things mandate most, if not all the decisions, but their are still guys like George who think of catering to the racers comes first. What's your motive for starting this dialogue? You have a place in Fla? Do what I did and by a trailer with A/C and invite your buddies in for a cold drink and some bench racing. See ya at the Byrons, if Leisure isn't a Pot Farm by then...
I'm not sure if it was Scott. Would be nice if it was. No trailer for me. I know a fair amount of people do the trailer thing. Is that more a Nitro thing? As for what George is catering to is not an issue. The last statement is something that I think George would agree cost him entries at both events.

Yes not I but it's a family place. Not a drive home after racing at George's track kinda distance. As for Leisure there is still a ton of red tape from my understanding. My guess would be getting through this season in on-road isn't an issue. I'm just waiting to hear the announcement. There are so many things that are wrong with this. ROAR should get tons of tracks wanting to host and I wish that was the case. I don't see on-road asphalt making it around us except parking lots etc. Personally as I'm sure you would love to see a place closer to home in the Midwest anyway get the Nats.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hopefully sometime soon Timezone will be able to hold Nats as long as it is late August or early September. Summer is the ONLY time we can race.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NolanP
I'm not sure if it was Scott. Would be nice if it was. No trailer for me. I know a fair amount of people do the trailer thing. Is that more a Nitro thing? As for what George is catering to is not an issue. The last statement is something that I think George would agree cost him entries at both events.

Yes not I but it's a family place. Not a drive home after racing at George's track kinda distance. As for Leisure there is still a ton of red tape from my understanding. My guess would be getting through this season in on-road isn't an issue. I'm just waiting to hear the announcement. There are so many things that are wrong with this. ROAR should get tons of tracks wanting to host and I wish that was the case. I don't see on-road asphalt making it around us except parking lots etc. Personally as I'm sure you would love to see a place closer to home in the Midwest anyway get the Nats.
Nolan what are you referring to that i would agree to that costed me entries
Old 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Nolan> I'm not even an A Main racer. I prolly wouldn't attend the Nats no matter where they're held. I leave that to all the deserved sponsor guys, and ones who want to be. The Nats is supposed to determine the best racer in each class of racing. Whichever track Roar chooses, the best will show up. I race for fun. I only went to Fl. for the World Cup because it was on my "bucket list" and I needed a trip down south. All the guys down there made me feel welcome and showed me what I already knew. Their is a special fraternity among RC guys. Especially the Onroad guys. Everyone was cordial and helped each other out. Can't wait to go back.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Nolan> I'm not even an A Main racer. I prolly wouldn't attend the Nats no matter where they're held. I leave that to all the deserved sponsor guys, and ones who want to be. The Nats is supposed to determine the best racer in each class of racing. Whichever track Roar chooses, the best will show up. I race for fun. I only went to Fl. for the World Cup because it was on my "bucket list" and I needed a trip down south. All the guys down there made me feel welcome and showed me what I already knew. Their is a special fraternity among RC guys. Especially the Onroad guys. Everyone was cordial and helped each other out. Can't wait to go back.
Nick what you said is exactly what I was trying to say in 10000 less words. That's a problem. If you had a Nats in your backyard why wouldn't you attend? I know going to the World Cup is special and a bucket list item for you but a lot of those same guys who go to these races would be there and I'm sure hanging out and shooting the breeze was fun. I'm sure if not you learned something about setup. I'm sure it was a blast. My next point is the breakdown of costs. I would understand you not wanting to pay 75 for the race plus 50 trailer fee plus food etc. That's 125 to not make an a. Will you have fun more than likely. Now are you willing to pay that? Most the answer is no even though you live a stone throw away. George that is what I'm talking about at Electric Nats there were additional fees that pulled off locals and some further travelers. We need to find a way to make sure the locals attend. Now from what I understand George changed his tune and didn't collect but I know 10 people who didn't go who aren't "a main" drivers cause of additional costs. I hope that we hit a point where we can get more people involved. At the end of the day someone will always come in first and last otherwise there wasn't a race. The question if you are last is what can you learn to make yourself faster.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NolanP
Nick what you said is exactly what I was trying to say in 10000 less words. That's a problem. If you had a Nats in your backyard why wouldn't you attend? I know going to the World Cup is special and a bucket list item for you but a lot of those same guys who go to these races would be there and I'm sure hanging out and shooting the breeze was fun. I'm sure if not you learned something about setup. I'm sure it was a blast. My next point is the breakdown of costs. I would understand you not wanting to pay 75 for the race plus 50 trailer fee plus food etc. That's 125 to not make an a. Will you have fun more than likely. Now are you willing to pay that? Most the answer is no even though you live a stone throw away. George that is what I'm talking about at Electric Nats there were additional fees that pulled off locals and some further travelers. We need to find a way to make sure the locals attend. Now from what I understand George changed his tune and didn't collect but I know 10 people who didn't go who aren't "a main" drivers cause of additional costs. I hope that we hit a point where we can get more people involved. At the end of the day someone will always come in first and last otherwise there wasn't a race. The question if you are last is what can you learn to make yourself faster.
Nolan I will leave you with some food for thought
We're ever the Nats will be held do u have intentions of going I assume a no and your just stirring the pot since you have no intentions anyway
Don't try to speak or be an advocate for nitro racers when trully you race electric
Most of all cost is cost we don't have issues in nitro like electric on road
Do you complain to the manufacturers that dont supply battery's for your radio or wheels to go with the new kit

Seriously if you want a free ride hitchhike but don't tread on me or my finances to provide it to you
Have a nice day
Old 01-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Nolan I will leave you with some food for thought
We're ever the Nats will be held do u have intentions of going I assume a no and your just stirring the pot since you have no intentions anyway
Don't try to speak or be an advocate for nitro racers when trully you race electric
Most of all cost is cost we don't have issues in nitro like electric on road
Do you complain to the manufacturers that dont supply battery's for your radio or wheels to go with the new kit

Seriously if you want a free ride hitchhike but don't tread on me or my finances to provide it to you
Have a nice day
Well considering I've asked my hobby shop to order me a car and engine yeah it kinda matters. Once again George you take something that should have been a positive as a negative. I'm not asking for free from you. I'm not asking from anything from you. It's simply the truth on why a local wouldn't attend. At no point was blame attempted to be pointed at you in the whole of conversation. But once again you go on the offensive and miss the point. I wish you luck but I won't be hurting nor helping any of your finances.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nolan:
I have been reading this thread for the past few days and have been holding back from throwing my 2 cents in, but enough is enough. You have been trolling George for the past few days and throwing little jabs that are unfounded. What is the point of bringing up the cost of the entry fee, news FLASH RC racing is expensive!!!!!

George:
Keeping doing your thing buddy.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by willcarrera
Nolan:
I have been reading this thread for the past few days and have been holding back from throwing my 2 cents in, but enough is enough. You have been trolling George for the past few days and throwing little jabs that are unfounded. What is the point of bringing up the cost of the entry fee, news FLASH RC racing is expensive!!!!!

George:
Keeping doing your thing buddy.
I actually agree George does need to keep what he's doing. My only point has nothing to do with George's or my financials. It has to do with why can't George/Scott/Horsham (fill in the blank as George was used since he held 2014 and will likely hold 2015 Nats for Nitro.) without add on's. That's a Roar issue not a George issue. As I stated in 2014. I actually support the additional fees and have paid them before. It's sad that a track needs to charge them to break even/make money based on the Roar structure. But I don't think a local driver or someone who races with different motives in racing can swallow the fees. Which has driven drivers away. I wish George and everyone else the best of luck for Nats.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Everyone in the hobby knows it's expensive to race competitively. When you start traveling, the price increases dramatically. I travel away from my home track at least once a month.( Midwest Series,GLC, Byrons) Up to 5 hours to Cincinnati.(So glad gas prices r down!) The Nats are a once a year event. If you know you're going, why not plan accordingly? Money, accommodations, fuel, or flight etc.. Start saving up if needed. I scimped a little at XMas so I can make a return trip to FLA. in Feb... Plan ahead!! It works. Even established tracks have overhead. The owners aren't going to gouge the racer. They want us to be happy and return again. Many times!
Now with all this excitement for the Nats. I think I'll start a fund for that! GoodRacing!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

10 minutes later, I still don't know when and where the Nats will be held!
George, throw me out some dates to block off on my calendar. Nats or not, il try to make it
Old 01-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iwk2much
10 minutes later, I still don't know when and where the Nats will be held!
George, throw me out some dates to block off on my calendar. Nats or not, il try to make it
I received a text that i will be contacted today
So hopefully at the end of the day we should have some news weather we will have a Nats this year
Will keep u posted
Old 01-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Take off the spectacles looking at results and add to a spectacular event.

Every driver that can attend a NATS should attend until the field is full. There's no sense at all in not attending a national title just because A-Main is out of reach, no one will ever make it if they don't learn from the experience that surrounds them when the A drivers bring their A performance to the track. They need a large field to buy time to setup, find time to share knowledge with the middle and lower order and fellow team drivers. By sitting out a nationals it ultimately harms not only the local nitro scene, but the national and world scene too and we are to blame for that, not ROAR. Stop throwing all your money at your local track being a home track hero, leave some room in the field to let another enjoy the lead, know when it's your race to win or when it's your turn to yield and save your cash for when it really counts. It's a moot argument whinging over money and playing with toy cars... And... There's nothing wrong with being a miser and saving your pennies for when we gather to race our high performance RC models!

It was very sad to see only one US driver at the worlds, having said that, the one driver that did attend represented ya'll with style, grace and wonderful driving etiquette and it was an absolute pleasure to have raced with "her" and her dad, you should all be proud! It made our humble effort that much better to have a middle and lower order that was rich in quality and forced good close strategic racing.

If there was a special memoir for me at the worlds, it was seeing old gray tubby men travel from all parts of the world just to catch up with RC friends and have a chat and watch the event. There's a lot more to gain personally and even more to contribute to the world of RC than where you placed. So, stash your ego's, stash some cash, get in the car, train, hitch a ride and get off your (_!_)'s and be part of the solution, not the problem.

We can't all be spectacular, yet we are all a part of the spectacle!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I received a text that i will be contacted today
So hopefully at the end of the day we should have some news weather we will have a Nats this year
Will keep u posted
Is it today yet😀. All jokes aside would love to attend my first nats. I have traveled to several tracks including Florida and Chicago and enjoyed them all. I personally enjoy the Kissimee track and hope to book a ticket to Florida, George runs a great program .... Let's go ROAR!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.