Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les
Hi,

I notice Yokomo do a cheaper kit BD07 RS! Wonder if anyone has tried one ?

Cheers
It's, umm, very plastic.

Quite a few of the parts are not up to race standard. The front spool comes to mind, I've seen those break under very mild impact situations.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
Red orings?

The ones I have seen were orange.
ok they were an orange shade of red

all but finished, just waiting for a delivery so I can build the shocks (awaiting Ti shafts)

looking forward to giving it a run tomorrow either way
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-20141023_070718.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Still rocking the BD7 13"
Awesome car
+1

As the saying goes - Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Had my first run with the new car last night. Seems very planted but struggles a little to turn in for the slow tight corners.
I feel a lot more comfortable with this thing staight out of the box vs my T4'14.
Need to get myself some soft springs.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
Still needed the gears sanded to be smooth. I have started with 2k and feels a little stiffer then the old 2k diff but not much, ill see how it feels after being run in on Friday . I also replaced the kit red seals with the 500gob seals.
From what I'm reading it sounds like the standard red/orange o-rings are too big, like with the old diff as they protruded quite a bit making the diff really tight. Can't believe they can't sort out their gear diff
Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why they don't ship with the 500gob seals ?? I don't know
Hopefully It wont leak with those installed.....
Old 10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

ok they were an orange shade of red
Red and orange orings are different materials. I had a few nitro mugen cars which use red orings in diff and shocks.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Why they don't ship with the 500gob seals ?? I don't know
Hopefully It wont leak with those installed.....
The orange P5 orings are better IMO, the kyosho P5 orings I put in my diff are still perfectly smooth without leaking after 9 or so months of use.

The 500gob orings swelled and went very hard in my car creating bind after a few weeks.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Plastics

Originally Posted by cplus
It's, umm, very plastic.

Quite a few of the parts are not up to race standard. The front spool comes to mind, I've seen those break under very mild impact situations.
Ok thanks for your input.
Cheers
Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bar
From what I'm reading it sounds like the standard red/orange o-rings are too big, like with the old diff as they protruded quite a bit making the diff really tight. Can't believe they can't sort out their gear diff
There is certainly variation in the diff casings. There is visual and measurable differences in the oring recess in the 3 diffs I have.

One casing was beyond use and the other 2 were fine.

The P5 orings are the lowest friction with decent seal I have tried. The original orings are a tight fit on the outdrive shafts but don't fit the recess. They leak like a sieve, not to mention went hard and created bind.

The 500gob orings were slightly larger than the originals appeared to be the same size as the used P5 orings I swapped them with but as per my previous post swelled went hard and created bind.

I agree great car in many aspects but the variation in the diff and crap orings are a big let down.

On the upside once leaking and binding is sorted the gear diff is silky smooth.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Les
Hi,

I notice Yokomo do a cheaper kit BD07 RS! Wonder if anyone has tried one ?

Cheers
Yep. Good value for money (hard to beat by anything else).

The front spool is a joke, but you can get the alloy one if you want, plus DCJ shafts (you can use the Tamiya ones if you think they're better) and other bits and bobs and you're still miles ahead of the price for a full blown kit (price confirmed in Aus it's going to be 650AU$ which is extortionate).

Upgrade kits might come on the market too, there were about 4 versions for the '14, so you can get whatever you think you need according to your needs.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
Yep. Good value for money (hard to beat by anything else).

The front spool is a joke, but you can get the alloy one if you want, plus DCJ shafts (you can use the Tamiya ones if you think they're better) and other bits and bobs and you're still miles ahead of the price for a full blown kit (price confirmed in Aus it's going to be 650AU$ which is extortionate).

Upgrade kits might come on the market too, there were about 4 versions for the '14, so you can get whatever you think you need according to your needs.
Locally the BD7 2014 blue was about $480, black $520.

BD7 2015 only place I know that has one is $600 which I can only hope will quickly come down in price to something more reasonable. Same place as the T4 15 for $529...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
There is certainly variation in the diff casings. There is visual and measurable differences in the oring recess in the 3 diffs I have.

One casing was beyond use and the other 2 were fine.

The P5 orings are the lowest friction with decent seal I have tried. The original orings are a tight fit on the outdrive shafts but don't fit the recess. They leak like a sieve, not to mention went hard and created bind.

The 500gob orings were slightly larger than the originals appeared to be the same size as the used P5 orings I swapped them with but as per my previous post swelled went hard and created bind.

I agree great car in many aspects but the variation in the diff and crap orings are a big let down.

On the upside once leaking and binding is sorted the gear diff is silky smooth.
I'm pretty sure GOB and P5 are the exact same oring, TRF also resell them. Like you I've had inconsistent results across the board with orings and cases and my new (2015) diff was no better. Very frustrating.

You can find the new car locally for ~$550
Old 10-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
I'm pretty sure GOB and P5 are the exact same oring, TRF also resell them. Like you I've had inconsistent results across the board with orings and cases and my new (2015) diff was no better. Very frustrating.

You can find the new car locally for ~$550
Hi Craig,

The 500GOB oring that arrived was black in colour and appeared to be neoprene. Whilst the 500GOB appear to be the same dimensions as the kyosho P5 oring it was not the same material. Worked fine at first but didn't last.

Kyosho P5s are orange in colour and I have not yet seen one effected by diff oil.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

hi, i didn't want to open a new thread so i'll ask here.
i'm thinking of buying an used BD7 2014 (lots of people switching to the new one so i can find it at reasonable price), i'm completely new to on-road and no experience whatsoever with touring cars, i usually race nitro 8th scale buggys.

i'll be driving it on an 8th scale asphalt track (no carpet tracks nearby) with no real intention of racing, just practice laps.

1) i'm thinking of using (for now) the electronics of my 2wd buggy:
tekin rs pro + tekin 7.5 motor
is it ok? what pinion should i use? do i need a fan to cool the motor?

2) can a standard servo be fitted insted of a low profile?

3)what spares should i have?
belts, arms, c-hubs?

4)do i need tire additive?

5)is double sided tape enough to hold the esc? (in the buggy it always detaches itself with the heat)

thanks for the answers!
english is not my first lenguage, sorry for any mistakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.