Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Byrons Gen 2 fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When I switch to gen 2 had to re tune my motor but I noticed I got better run time.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been happy with this fuel. I have ran it in all my engines with no trouble of any kind.

No tunning issues, temps are good, less smoke and the best part, I am getting 10 minutes runtime(on my local track) on my buggy and my gas truck.

I would say "If you like it, use it. If you don't, then don't use it."

There are way too many variables in tuning and maintaining a nitro engine to simply blame it on the fuel.

Use it or lose it

T.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Byron uses a high quality oil package, along with the best alcohol and nitro, and they have been doing it well for a long long time, the right way. They do OEM too for companies like Mugen. The idea that Byron fuel is causing some issue with your engine is silly. my. 02

It is possible if your fuel was previously opened, moisture could cause a problem if it was left out or whatever.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
Byron uses a high quality oil package, along with the best alcohol and nitro, and they have been doing it well for a long long time, the right way. They do OEM too for companies like Mugen. The idea that Byron fuel is causing some issue with your engine is silly. my. 02

It is possible if your fuel was previously opened, moisture could cause a problem if it was left out or whatever.

If that would be the case I doubt it has happened to the 10-12 racers from different tracks . I`m guessing they got a bad batch as all the fuel these guys were running are from the same hobby shop .
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Lots of guys at my track used it this season with no problems.

Many other things can cause problems besides fuel...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Lots of guys at my track used it this season with no problems.

Many other things can cause problems besides fuel...
These are all seasoned racers and know how to tune engines , not some newbies . None had any problems with Gen 1 .
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well, who knows, maybe it was a bad batch then. If there were widespread problems with the fuel I'm sure it would be well known by now.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
If that would be the case I doubt it has happened to the 10-12 racers from different tracks . I`m guessing they got a bad batch as all the fuel these guys were running are from the same hobby shop .
I think you got your answer.

Also, you're getting the same type of replies from your OTHER thread on Rc Universe.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8066087/tm.htm

It appears your local hobby shop is the cause of the problem. Not Byrons.

I do find it curious that in this thread you say you witnessed these racers having problems first hand, but on RC Universe you only HEARD of people having problems.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boostfiend
I think you got your answer.

Also, you're getting the same type of replies from your OTHER thread on Rc Universe.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8066087/tm.htm
Gee , thanks I didn`t know that .

It appears your local hobby shop is the cause of the problem. Not Byrons.
If the LHS got a bad batch it is Byron , not the LHS .

I do find it curious that in this thread you say you witnessed these racers having problems first hand, but on RC Universe you only HEARD of people having problems.
At the track I mostly go to have seen the problems and at the other two tracks I`ve seen and heard from others that had the problems and switched fuels . I can`t be in three places at the same time .
Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have burned about 5 gallons of GenII with no problems at all. I was running Nitrotane, and have to say that it is good fuel too. If I cant find GenII again, I will run Nitrotane without hesitation.

Oh yeah, the only problem with Notrotane, is that burns your eyes!!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I dont run it but byrons is the only brand my lhs sells and everybody around here runs gen2 and no one has had any problems with motors going bad or tuning issues, If youre lhs got a bad batch of fuel other shops would have got some of the bad fuel too just not yours
Old 10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I switched to the Byrons mid-summer out of necessity. So far, no problems at all.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I really have to wonder if all this talk about Gen II being bad is some sort of scam put out by a competing brand. Every few weeks someone comes on here asking if there is a problem with the fuel and everyone says NO. Who are these people having problems? I have been running it all season with no issues. The whole Mugen team was using it at the onroad nats with no issues. No one I know has had any issues. So where are all these rumors coming from? My guess is some dude got a gallon, ran it in a three year old motor on its last legs and it blew up. Now everyone has heard the story.
Tell that to my 3rd V-spec (1st with GenII) that only lasted 2.5 gallons and then replaced with a new p/s and rod and crank and got one gallon. I emailed O.S. and they said they do not recommend Byron's in their motors. Ask them yourself.
My new engine will have a different fuel in it.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer
I have had more trouble getting my motor to hold a tune with it. I am running a new OS Speed and have had tuning issues every since I started running the Gen 2. I am switching fuels.
I also have a friend who run "pro" and he is switching too but i think he's all around unhappy with quality and cost.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Tell that to my 3rd V-spec (1st with GenII) that only lasted 2.5 gallons and then replaced with a new p/s and rod and crank and got one gallon. I emailed O.S. and they said they do not recommend Byron's in their motors. Ask them yourself.
My new engine will have a different fuel in it.
I have been hearing alot of V-spec users complaining of that and most aren't using Byrons. Sounds like a motor problem to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.