Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need assitance in replacing ESC Combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need assitance in replacing ESC Combo

Need to replace a Novak HV-MAXX ESC 6.5 Brushless combo and would like a comparable or faster option. I would like to use NICAD batteries but have the option for LIPOs later. This truck is a dual battery setup and need suggestions what ESC to use or ESC Motor Combo.

I have been playing with Nitros for quite awhile but recently bought a used electric HPI - off road 1/10 truck. I had a problem with batteries so I had the connectors from the ESC replaced with Deans plugs. The hobby shop wired this incorrect and I think shorted out my ESC. There was lots of smoke and flames from the direct short of batteries. Well I have rewired everything correct now but the car doesnt want to move faster then 5MPH so I have decided the ESC was shorted out too.

This RC is possibly an E-Savage maybe sport edition

Any input is appreciated
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Until you are ready to use LiPos, stick with the Novak combo. The more powerful alternatives out there will not run very well on Nicad and only slightly better on NiMH.