Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for some local non-competitive racing action - Kennesaw

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for some local non-competitive racing action - Kennesaw

Hey everyone -just moved to Kennesaw from the Pacific Northwest and curious about any local racing action going on. I've done some homework on the local tracks; all of which I would like to visit sometime in the near future, but as for now, my interests are more local and non-competitive -such as the local parking lot or BMX dirt tracks. Given my current schedule, I can't afford to be driving an hour + to find tracks -I’d rather spend that time racing. I know it’s the off-season for out-door stuff, but I’m from Oregon where it rains for half the year, thus the current weather conditions are like summer to me.lol

I have a Team Associated RC18B(R) for both on-road and off-road, as well as a 1/10th Tamiya TT-01 -both with aftermarket electrical and motor upgrades, but nothing brushless. It's all small-scale for me now, but I'm into it all more for the comradery and off-road dirt than the competitiveness. I'm in the process of completing a fairly-large off-road track in my back yard with all the trimmings. It’s roughly 50'-60' (6' wide track). It’s cut-out on a slope which allowed me to construct some insane jumps. I'll post some pics next time I post.

So, anyone up for some weekend on-road/off-road racing? I have a large collection of cones and some scouted parking lots for on-road stuff. All welcome! Shoot me an e-mail if your interested [email protected]
Old 12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They race 18th at Primetime just up the road from you in Calhoun. They also have carpet and asphalt onroad, both are very laid back. Checkout any of the primetime threads for info.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's not really that bad of a ride to Primtime. I live in Woodstock and I make the trip. You should really check out Primtime it's alot of fun and great atmosphere.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Primetime is approx. 43min from my location and I'm guessing its going to cost some $ to use their tracks -and that's all good and expected for a once-a-month type thing for me. In Oregon, I lived less than 15mins from a variety of large capacity smooth-paved parking lots that were often closed on the weekends. Once the cones were down, you had your track the way you wanted it. I just figured with the size of Cobb County that there would be quite a few low-key racers out there looking for something local and free -and there may be. I'll keep trying my luck on the forums but if I can't find any takers, I will likely make a visit to Primetime.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I live right at a hour away from primetime in chattanooga. Its a drive that I hate oh so bad, but like he said its worth it for the atmosphere and actually the racing isnt too costly. 1 class $10...2 classes $15....
Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Primetime is as free as you can get, I mean you can go and practice but to race it's $10. Their hours are pretty good too. I guess you want to race offroad so that may be harder to find. In the summer NEXUS has a track that they setup in Marietta which should be less than 45min from wherever you are, also it's onroad.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are in Kennesaw then Nexus will be 15-45min depending on traffic. Its not far though.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 PM
mike henderson

quentus p.m.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

how big is nexus track ...what scale you can run ...how you get there from calhoun?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

All I can tell you is that its near the Delk RD Exit off I-75. I think its somewhere behind Dave and Busters. He only races in the summer although you can get stuff from him online all the time. I think thats where the most guys from Fernando's,, Um,, I mean Toys for Boys, go to race.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
how big is nexus track ...what scale you can run ...how you get there from calhoun?
Maybe this will give you an idea of the size....http://youtube.com/watch?v=I_SqlMISEaM
Old 12-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

PM sent