Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
If you have the extra money to spend do it. You wont regret having the black edition. upgrading all of those parts will be well over 100.00
You're correct but I am just wondering from a durability / performance stand point. I wouldn't upgrade anything on th rs2 unless it broke or if the part might improve performance. My only hang up On buying the black was that I was originally going to only spend $225 on the original rs. The rs2 is already out of my optimum price range but if durability and/or performance improves with the black I would think about getting the black. I mean I am thinking about getting the black now. Just harder to swallow the larger initial cost. I already have all the electronics, tires, and body ready for my VTA class. I just need the chassis...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Trekathlete
You're correct but I am just wondering from a durability / performance stand point. I wouldn't upgrade anything on th rs2 unless it broke or if the part might improve performance. My only hang up On buying the black was that I was originally going to only spend $225 on the original rs. The rs2 is already out of my optimum price range but if durability and/or performance improves with the black I would think about getting the black. I mean I am thinking about getting the black now. Just harder to swallow the larger initial cost. I already have all the electronics, tires, and body ready for my VTA class. I just need the chassis...
Just the alloy shocks and spool are $100+. Those are two "upgrades" you'll most likely want.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The aluminum bulkheads are less flexible and will hold up better over time.

The floating battery strap system allows for more equal flex in the chassis. It also removes a place that the chassis can get tweaked.

The aluminum shocks are more durable than plastic.

The springs that come with the black kit are better springs.

You get front and rear sway bars. A performance item that almost all racers use.

The aluminum layshaft and spool are more durable.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the information guys! I was just browsing on Banzaihobby.com and saw the original RS for 174! That is right up my alley, especially because it was originally what I wanted to get! My only question now is if the RS comes with the updated bulkhead and diff that was changed for the 2015 BD7? Thanks again guys!
Old 06-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the information guys! I was just browsing on Banzaihobby.com and saw the original RS for 174! That is right up my alley, especially because it was originally what I wanted to get! My only question now is if the RS comes with the updated bulkhead and diff that was changed for the 2015 BD7? Thanks again guys!
The rs is essentially the original bd7 with alot of plastic parts.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need help with a good motor/esc combo. Im thinking about getting the Trinity D4 17.5 maxzilla for rookie class but I dont know which ESC to get. If someone recommends another motor please let me know.I dont know if it matters but it will on a carpet track. Thanks for the help fellas.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5Whitts
I need help with a good motor/esc combo. Im thinking about getting the Trinity D4 17.5 maxzilla for rookie class but I dont know which ESC to get. If someone recommends another motor please let me know.I dont know if it matters but it will on a carpet track. Thanks for the help fellas.
You're going to get a bunch of bias answers like mine. Team powers actinium or R1 Wurks premium and hobbywing justock or a 3.1 esc.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5Whitts
I've tried R1wurks and Team Scream 17.5 motors. IMO team scream has an edge over r1 hands down. For an ESC you can't go wrong with a justock
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

I think for $174 that's a lot of car for the money... But if you're planning to stick around the RC scene then you should get a BLACK 15 JMRCA edition (comes with DCJ, floating servo mount, TI turnbuckles). Because in the future, you WILL be buying a brand new comp spec bd7/or upgrading your RS to comp spec and it will cost you even more.

I think if you're just trying racing out atm and not sure if it's something you'd enjoy, then go for it
Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
I think for $174 that's a lot of car for the money... But if you're planning to stick around the RC scene then you should get a BLACK 15 JMRCA edition (comes with DCJ, floating servo mount, TI turnbuckles). Because in the future, you WILL be buying a brand new comp spec bd7/or upgrading your RS to comp spec and it will cost you even more.

I think if you're just trying racing out atm and not sure if it's something you'd enjoy, then go for it
Thanks for your thoughts! I have been racing on-road for the past 3 months in a silver can class with a wobbly tt-01. I think it is something I'd like to do for awhile. I'm just not sure of the 500 dollar investment in a car. The fast guys at our track use mi1's and older model cars. I'm not sure if anyone using a top of the line car in the VTA class. As it is I have driven with the VTA guys with a tuned VTA car and I am approximately 4 laps behind them after a five minute main. So all the performance in a car won't help me right now. I really need to become a better driver. Now with all that said I am sure the bd7 black JMRCA version could help me but I wasn't quite prepared to pay for the top of the line car. I've really been gnawing this all over and trying to make a decision soon. I want to be up and running within a week. I have everything but the car at the moment.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I would look into a used Bd7 2014 black. They are about $200 here on rctech. That way you get a great car and highly tunable.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your thoughts! I have been racing on-road for the past 3 months in a silver can class with a wobbly tt-01. I think it is something I'd like to do for awhile. I'm just not sure of the 500 dollar investment in a car. The fast guys at our track use mi1's and older model cars. I'm not sure if anyone using a top of the line car in the VTA class. As it is I have driven with the VTA guys with a tuned VTA car and I am approximately 4 laps behind them after a five minute main. So all the performance in a car won't help me right now. I really need to become a better driver. Now with all that said I am sure the bd7 black JMRCA version could help me but I wasn't quite prepared to pay for the top of the line car. I've really been gnawing this all over and trying to make a decision soon. I want to be up and running within a week. I have everything but the car at the moment.
As the guy above said, buy a used bd7 14 black on the forums, it'll be MUCH better than a brand new rs or rs2. They're around $200-$250, look for one that gives you a floating servo mount and has front DCJ (Double cardan joints) included. Spares would be nice too (mostly front uprights, steering blocks). The 14 black is very capable, i recently upgraded to the 15 black and the different is minimal
Old 06-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone have a FF 44.2mm block they could spare? I ordered one and it looks like it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get here.........

PM me if you have one you could spare to sell.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can also buy the 2014 blue, same as the 2014 black except alloy is anodized blue.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some pictures of my car from the Reedy Race several weeks ago! Was able to Tq and Win 13.5! The car had great corner speed and was easy to drive!
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-reedy-race-podium.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-reedy-1.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-reedy-2.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-reedy-5.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-reedy-setup.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.