Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Psycho Nitro Blast (Indoor ‘round-the-clock race) Atlanta, GA Feb 1-3 ‘08

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On this race we decided to leave out Sportsman Truggy due to the small expected size of the class. We will revisit this issue next year and make a decision based upon this year's turnout overall for truggy.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'd be interested in a Sportsman class as well. This will be my 3rd race ever...my 2nd race will be this weekend. I'm definitely not going to hang with the rest of the guys in the Pro class with either my truggy or my monster truck but am just coming to have a good time anyway. I'm sure it'd be more fun if I had a Sportsman class to race in though, not just to have a better shot at doing well in comparison to the competition, but having competition that is closer to my skill level. In my opinion it's a lot more fun to race neck and neck with people roughly at the same skill level as you than it is to have half a dozen pro drivers doing laps around you every race. With as many people as you have showing up I'd be very surprised to see that there aren't enough drivers to make a Sportman truggy class...that's ridiculous. We have some pro drivers at our local club races occasionally out of only about 50 total drivers and still manage to have a full Sportsman class for truggy and buggy. This obviously is a huge event and there will be a lot more people in attendance. Of course it seems like the majority of the people that will be coming will be classified under that 'pro' class skill level however with myself and the other person that asked about a Sportsman class alone that already makes 2 that would sign up. I'm willing to bet there will be at LEAST a dozen drivers there that would feel more comfortable racing in the Sportsman class than the Pro class. With 72 hours of racing there should be plenty of time to squeeze that class in too...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

We will certainly be able to see if you you believe is true actually is. There is no way to know for sure. We based our decision on what we actually see at other larger events. The issue will be looked at again next year.

As for this year, this is a large track with wide lanes, so it will be easier for the better racers to get by. We are also resorting after two rounds of qualifying, so everyone should be racing with people racing approximately the same speed.

We realized that this would stir a bit of controversy, but we are going to have to live with the decision, good or bad. The trophies went out to production long ago.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we running Ifmar rules or what.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Some folks have talked about this being the replacement for the Alabama Indoor race that will no longer be held. If memory is correct there were well over 3 times as many Sportsman Truggies as there were Monster Trucks at that race last year. Just food for thought, no dog in this hunt as I don't run truggy.

Good question Xray XB8, what rules will apply?

Ed M.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

RC Pro Rules.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentgear
Some folks have talked about this being the replacement for the Alabama Indoor race that will no longer be held. If memory is correct there were well over 3 times as many Sportsman Truggies as there were Monster Trucks at that race last year. Just food for thought, no dog in this hunt as I don't run truggy.

Good question Xray XB8, what rules will apply?

Ed M.
The AIC will be back next year....no one knew Joe was calling it quits until it was too late to book an arena. Look for it next year.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

The AIC will be back next year....no one knew Joe was calling it quits until it was too late to book an arena. Look for it next year

Now that is some GOOD NEWS.........thanks

Ed M.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Money back guarantee? I'm in...Ed where are we staying?

-rocky b
Old 01-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hotel booked entry paid, I may stop sleeping now No racin for two months, then 72hours straight!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like an AWESOME event that you guys are putting on!!

Can't wait to drive up!!

Check List

Gallon of RED BULL .lol
Old 01-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

David and Trey - Good to hear you will be there. You will not be dissappointed. We are doing everything we can think of to kick all of your expectations in the a**.

See you soon.

- Ollie
Old 01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

toolmbx6, are you on sgrid?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I am on SGRID. My name there is Toolmbx5. We also have a thread for the Psycho Nitro Blast and it is thread number 406.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

even though ill probably get my but handed to me in truggy i think this is gonna be alot of fun for sure. cant wait for it to get here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.