Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

putting my kit together now anyone know what number the 5 mm spring cup offset for the box setup? there are numbers stamped on them but no 5?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Sometimes I wonder if half of you are eating too much hormoned up chicken. Stop worrying about whether or not a factory team edition comes out. So what if it does. Do you believe you couldn't sell your current edition because AE adds some frickin aluminum bits to the new release? Is it some how magically more pristine because those bits come on the car? Can't you add them to your car over a few weeks?

Sadly i ran stock buggy this weekend and blistered the guys with all the fancy upgrades like pucks, motor plates, front axles, bearings, titanium screws, watt meter racers... with my stock kit plus aluminium c and d blocks. It all comes down to tuning a setup. Unfortunately for these poor souls there's still a good .2-.3 out on the track as far as hot laps go. Motor and speedo at 115f. Hell thats cooler than my mod setup.
I wouldnt be worried about the aluminum bits, I think they learned a lot about the front end geometry and maybe a .1 or .2 or whatever would include a a revised front end. I dont think too many care about the aluminum bits there is prob 10 companies making those lol. Im not being rude so dont take it the wrong way please!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Understood. Not a problem. Generally items like this would be a running change.. especially since the parts already exist. Slap a new kit # on the box and push on.
Originally Posted by Skeeter36
I wouldnt be worried about the aluminum bits, I think they learned a lot about the front end geometry and maybe a .1 or .2 or whatever would include a a revised front end. I dont think too many care about the aluminum bits there is prob 10 companies making those lol. Im not being rude so dont take it the wrong way please!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

From Schelle's Facebook account:

"Hopefully Santa is bringing us some Schelle Aluminum Rear Arm Mounts for our B5Ms .....coming soon!"
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

http://visionracingproducts.com/Asso...Pistons_c6.htm

"We're Excited to announce the release of our 'X' Piston for R/C cars. This is our first product of many to come. We have spent months on developing and testing the design and functionality of it over a variety of conditions. Our main focus was to produce a piston that utilizes the familiar aspects of pistons, such as hole size and number, yet create a condition where the compression stroke and rebound stroke are tunable seperately. It is common knowledge in the MotorCycle Racing industry that these elements are present in their shock designs, and in fact have them tuned to be quicker rebound than compression. This increases the time the tire is on the ground by getting it down quicker and thus results in faster lap times as the tire is driving the machine forward when the tire is touching the surface. The rate of rebound is very important in that it not be too quick, or too slow. Our 'X' Pistons are designed to do exactly that. The 'Patent Pending' Design gives you a stock looking piston with the addition of a rebound system. If your set-up calls for 2 Hole 1.6 Pistons, you would still use the 2 Hole 1.6mm Game Changer Pistons. This will give you a very familiar compression stroke that will not change from what you had. The difference is that the Rebound stroke will be faster by a predetermined amount. This 'Quicker Rebound' will make a noticeable difference on the track for your buggy or truggy. In our testing we found that it did a variety of good things. First, the buggy will soak up bumps and ruts better. This made the car easier to drive and thus, we were able to drive it harder, faster. Second, the weight transfer of the car is quicker front to back as well as side to side. This made the car feel more responsive in cornering, braking, and acceleration. Third, we found that due to the unique weight transfer the shocks provided, we had more overall grip.....which made the car easier to drive, and thus we were able to drive it harder. And last, we found that the car is easier to jump farther, meaning we were able to clear obstacles we couldn't with stock pistons. This turned out to be a huge advantage in lap times. Overall, the average lap time was reduced by .5-.6 seconds for the average driver we had test the pistons. In one case, the difference was 1.2 seconds as the B5 we were running was able to triple a section it was only able to double before! These Pistons are very much a Game Changer!"
Old 12-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

the middle sized one
Old 12-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I absolutely love my b5, just sayin!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what size pinion should i use for a 6.5 in my b5m?
Old 12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy nick
I absolutely love my b5, just sayin!
So do I. it's a great buggy, I'm so glad I got one.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Gearing

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
what size pinion should i use for a 6.5 in my b5m?
For small to medium size track 20/81
Medium to larger track 21/81

These are starting points make sure to check temps often.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Threw an older cav setup on my b5m as a starting point after replacing my outdrives and bones. Wow. Car was great. Definitely was the issue. Got together with a bunch of my fellow locals and did some great heads up practice and am really loving the car now. Sweet.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What was wrong with out drives and bones
Old 12-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
What was wrong with out drives and bones
They were worn out and had developed meat hooks on the pins and recessions in the pin slots on the outdrives. This causes the rear suspension to bind up under acceleration (and brake to some degree). You can tell if you have the issue by taking a rear shock and wheel off and applying a twisting force by hand to the axle while moving the arm up and down. With new bones and outdrives, it will feel uniform and smooth. With old worn out ones, you will find places it sticks and binds up. This makes the car very difficult to drive and tune as it is just inconsistent.

The thing that got me is that the b5 bones and outdrives kinda hide it out of view. I really thought they were fine until I tested it and found they were binding up. Totally different car now.

Wayne
Old 12-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
They were worn out and had developed meat hooks on the pins and recessions in the pin slots on the outdrives. This causes the rear suspension to bind up under acceleration (and brake to some degree). You can tell if you have the issue by taking a rear shock and wheel off and applying a twisting force by hand to the axle while moving the arm up and down. With new bones and outdrives, it will feel uniform and smooth. With old worn out ones, you will find places it sticks and binds up. This makes the car very difficult to drive and tune as it is just inconsistent.

The thing that got me is that the b5 bones and outdrives kinda hide it out of view. I really thought they were fine until I tested it and found they were binding up. Totally different car now.

Wayne
one benefit of pucks.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
From Schelle's Facebook account:

"Hopefully Santa is bringing us some Schelle Aluminum Rear Arm Mounts for our B5Ms .....coming soon!"
He's developing some hinge pins to also work with this mount. Remove the CF cover and will be able to slide the hingepins out the back to make toe-in and antisquat changes with out taking the back end apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.