Wiki Posts
Search

Who has an SC8?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Who has an SC8?

So I'm starting to get a hankering for an SC truck, and already having an Associated NTC3 and RC10GT2, I'm wanting to stay with Nitro. At the same time, I'm looking to step up in size a little, which puts me squarely in SC8 territory. I'm looking for personal experiences with the SC8. Do you love it? Hate it? Is there a different Nitro 1/8 SC truck I should be looking at instead?

Thanks in advance - you guys are great!

-Brian
Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I built one and I love the darn thing! I run a Clockwork modded .21 in it and it hauls! It's fun, looks COOL and will hold it's own at the track when set up right, and also tough as nails. Parts are also very easy to find. The only drawback is that there's isn't more 1/8 scale SC trucks out there lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks - it looks like an awesome truck, and I'm thinking the 1/8 scale SC is a growing population. I'm looking for a bit more mass to throw around than the 1/10 scale gives me (not that the gt2 isn't a blast, mind you). I'm still probably a month or so out from buying one, but I figured I'm better off starting the research now.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Sorry bro but if you think 1/8th sc is growing then you are completely wrong. Or atleast in my area.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 7kings
So I'm starting to get a hankering for an SC truck, and already having an Associated NTC3 and RC10GT2, I'm wanting to stay with Nitro. At the same time, I'm looking to step up in size a little, which puts me squarely in SC8 territory. I'm looking for personal experiences with the SC8. Do you love it? Hate it? Is there a different Nitro 1/8 SC truck I should be looking at instead?

Thanks in advance - you guys are great!

-Brian
i see your from NP, you ever go out to the Rotonda R/C track??
if you haven't you should check it out..
also if you want to race at all and want 1/8 nitro i'd go with either a buggy or truggy as they are popular and always races all around florida for them..
the sc8 doesn't have any classes anywhere that you'd be able to race it in..
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

There are 10 where I live and we love them more then our buggies or truggies!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racerx711
i see your from NP, you ever go out to the Rotonda R/C track??
if you haven't you should check it out..
also if you want to race at all and want 1/8 nitro i'd go with either a buggy or truggy as they are popular and always races all around florida for them..
the sc8 doesn't have any classes anywhere that you'd be able to race it in..
I haven't gone out there yet (I was actually planning to go out this morning, but mother nature decided it would be funny to rain...), but I'm hoping to get out there soon. Right now I just have my gt2 to run out there, but I'm sure that'll be a blast. I've heard good things about it.

So I'm in kinda a quandry - I'd really like to get a SC nitro, but I'm not sure that I want another 1/10 scale. I'll have to think about it, I guess...

-Brian
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have an sc8 and love the thing...I would rather drive it than my truggie...But not alot of people have one,so where i live we race all the sc nitros together which there's only 5 of us but still a blast...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have an SC8, love it. Put in a "good" motor and proper suspension setup with some 1/8 buggy tires/wheels and you can give the truggies a run for their money. We have several SC8 trucks in the area and we have a blast racing together. It's fun and relaxing throwing the 1/8 scale SC trucks around with some fender rubbing
Old 04-30-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

where he lives there is no other sc8's though..

i've owned rc8be and rc8t which share same platform as sc8 and the TE 1/8's kick butt... BUTTTTTTT he'd be better off with a buggy or truggy becasue there would be tons of places to race if you ever got sick of just bashing rc's.. I'd say go buggy for first 1/8th because of the popularity of them the parts are all around and tires are cheaper than truggies.

pm me your # and we'll have to setup a day for you to come out to rotonda.. i have 4x4 losi scte, 2wd xxxsct and a 1/8 nitro buggy if you wanted to see what the buggy is like on a track..
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I own an sc8.

To start off, I have to say that I don't race as there's nothing closer than three hours away so at the moment I don't bother.

My experience is only bashing on my property and at local bmx and motocross tracks and for this the truck is awesome.

I own three sc8's but only run two of them. The one I use the most is completely stock, even down to the tires. I've read a lot of complaints about the tires but I feel they are fine for me until they are worn out, (again I don't race). Also I don't feel the need to change the engine until it needs one. Yes of course going down a strait away flat out it's probably not the fastest, but I use it as practise in tight spaces, anyone can go flat out it takes finesse to make the corners!!
Also i have to add that i have really beat on this truck, lot's of jumping, crashing and rolling and it still starts every time and is very worry free for me, nothing has broken and the only thing that came loose was the wheel bolts, check them a lot. Two complaints, not a lot of people seem to own one, and I wish it had a two speed tranny.

The second truck has an LRP .28 in it and that's a nice engine, but I keep this truck for my friends who want to bash with me.

The third truck I alloyed out everything I could on it, blue integy alloy, put some custom aluminium wheels on it with slicks and it sits on my shelf. I've spent so much money on it that I don't know if I will run it anytime soon. It's very sexy looking though.

I hope this helps a bit, i still am wanting to buy another one before it gets discontinued, just a guess that they will discontinue it.

sincerely Johnny