Search

Looking for a good package for this season

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Looking for a good package for this season

Hi guys,

i m currently looking for a good package for my 2010 season.

But i m very undecided about my chassis/engine and need help and racing experience with your chassis and engine.

So i m currently looking for 3(4) chassis :

- Xray XB808 2010
- Mugen MBX6 M-Spec
- Losi 8ight 2.0
- (Durango DNX 408 (ok is not out now so no experience) )

And engine :

- Team Orion Alpha 3 ports ABI
- RB Shark 9
- Novarossi +4 team 2010

But i m opened to other engine/chassis need to be competitive.

My last (and first season in Nitro cat)season, i runned the following car :

- HB D8 with all lightweight hop up, the car was great but the CVD pop-off every run but this car was very easy to drive and fast.

- AE RC8B, i liked this car because have a lot of steering but it very difficult to drive on bumpy track and jump like a stone ahah

- Losi 8ight 2.0, i race 2 time with it and i very dont liked the car, good on jump but drinving is strange. But i never worked on the setup.

Engines :

I run this 2 engine last season :

- Novarossi +4 2008 (last batch), i loved this engine but after 2 gal, the engine was dead... (i know a lot of +4 was defective)

- OS VZB standard, great engin but high fuel consumption.

What i m looking for 2010 season :

I m looking for a 10min engine, strong and linear, only one of the track on our RCPRO are very high speed.

For my chassis, i m looking for a strong and easy to drive, great on bumpy track and jump.

I know the Xray need a lot of option part to be great, Mugen was touchy to drive fast and setup and Losi, well ... is the losi.

Tell me what you like on dosent like with our chassis and engine

Thanks

Franco
Old 02-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

I would stick with the losi 2.0. My setup (basic Drake setup) handles bumps very well. If you go with this setup, You will find that it doesen't need to be tweeked much. The parts are available most anywhere. They are popular at tracks, so parts can be had in a pinch. Plus, easy to get setups that work at different tracks due to the popularity.(this goes for other companies as well) I don't know if your a good driver, but my 2.0 has treated me and my wallet verry well with parts not breaking durring crashes. Ran almost all last summer and only broke a right spindle carrier($10 part)
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dude I think thats up to you and your driving style. you will get 300 pages of replies on this topic and still wont be able to make up your mind. All three are good platforms, RB and Nova will have a similiar feels and the orion will be alittle more off and on. Other than that. I wish you luck, any one you get will get fine.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok first off u gotta think a lil bigger outside of 4 cars and u should actually try most cars b4 u buy (if u can). IMO if your looking for a great buggy in more then one catagory I would say the 801x is great, for me switching from an rc8 to the 801 was night n day it was really really stable n jumped good and floated over bumps and I didn't flip every other lap. I could literally go a full tank without flipping. Now with an engine forget what happened with your old plus 4 that was bad luck and there's a reason everyone is loving them now-a-days there really good, however I don't run the plus 4 I like the p5xl cause it can go in truggy or buggy. I also love my ninja it's easy on tune never pops plugs and halls ass with a 2050 pipe. The orion engines are bomb power there just stupid fast and fun when u need the power, other then those the only other decent engine is Eb mods new engines or alpha the rest IMO are just way behind n don't run good. If ur not a great tuner for ur engine stay away from picco engines they will burn up within 3 gallons if u don't tune them right.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

thank you guys,

so my driving style, is, all throttle on and turn the wheel ahahah

no i m joking just a bit... hehe

i m good in my local top 10 and last year i made a lot of mistake in my electrical installation and changed my buggy every 2 race...

so this year i want to put all of my concentration in only one.

So my drinving style, is a bit hard, i like to pushing hard on the throttle

a lot of people mounting the 41t gear in the front on the xray to have a car with a lot of traction.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Xchange
thank you guys,

so my driving style, is, all throttle on and turn the wheel ahahah

no i m joking just a bit... hehe

i m good in my local top 10 and last year i made a lot of mistake in my electrical installation and changed my buggy every 2 race...

so this year i want to put all of my concentration in only one.

So my drinving style, is a bit hard, i like to pushing hard on the throttle

a lot of people mounting the 41t gear in the front on the xray to have a car with a lot of traction.

if you drive hard i wouldnt remmend a losi eight buggy, a truggy though would be perfect for your driving. i think a hb d8 or a mugen, whould fit your driving style. i run a losi eight, buggy not a 2.0 a 1.0. but you cant really drive hard on ,the throttle with them.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

well for me hotbodies is a no brainer, awsome car! I drive mine stock no light weight options, only up graded parts are the CVDs to the WCE version with ZERO issues...engine I ran the v-specs and RBS for a long time, I just signed on with EB mods to run the JS engine line for 2010 and from the looks of it they will be a DIALED engine...I ran a MBX6,losi,RC8 all before settling on the HotBodies and I am very happy. again you will have ALOT of diff. answers to this question. all cars/engines are good anymore just preference...

Ryan Klemme
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
if you drive hard i wouldnt remmend a losi eight buggy, a truggy though would be perfect for your driving. i think a hb d8 or a mugen, whould fit your driving style. i run a losi eight, buggy not a 2.0 a 1.0. but you cant really drive hard on ,the throttle with them.
You think the mugen have good reaction when you drive hard on the throttle ?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I drive hammer down everywhere and the Losi hooks up great. I am very hard on the throttle and do not have any issuses with the losi 2.0.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mugens can go full bore around corners....
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

xray not ?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Mugens can go full bore around corners....
+1 the mugen likes to be pushed hard
Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

couple of thoughts about the 2.0....

-Breaking in the chassis is very important. The buggy can be twitchy and erratic for the first gallon or maybe even more. If you only drove it for a couple of weekends, then it wa not broken in.

-race roller does not mean race-prepped. You will find problems right out of the box... cross-threaded stuff, bad shock parts, etc.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

you right, i only raced with it less than 1gal.

May be is the reason why i hated the 2.0
Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 071crazy
couple of thoughts about the 2.0....

-Breaking in the chassis is very important. The buggy can be twitchy and erratic for the first gallon or maybe even more. If you only drove it for a couple of weekends, then it wa not broken in.

-race roller does not mean race-prepped. You will find problems right out of the box... cross-threaded stuff, bad shock parts, etc.

you know what that is true i dont run, the 2.0 i run the 1.0 and when it was new it was a handfull, thats for sure. i had to drive it pretty easy intil after the first gallon and after ,that i could defiely drive it a bit harder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.