Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Just a correction. Don't adjust EPA with servo buzz, but look for maximum throw. Especially the Savox servos start buzzing early and you don't use all possible linkage travel.

Just reread your post and you basically said the same thing.
Reminds me of a couple weeks ago, I installed a radio post red servo in my scte and while I was adjusting epa the servo didn't buzz like my other servos, just twisted the whole front of the truck. I had to look for movement of the linkage while playing with the epa settings.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

For those who worry about bottoming out on jumps.
Spending a lot of time tuning shocks for landing without bottoming out is a BIG fail.....
Listening to the trucks at the Cactus Classic you could hear all of them slapping the ground over the triple.
if you spend all the time getting it to NOT bottom it will be WAY too stiff for the rest of the track.
Landing off the jump takes up about 5 feet of about a 250 foot long track which is about 2 % of the track. that means 98% of the track your shocks are too stiff.
It really isnt a big deal that it bottoms out.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
1st page
Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Are many of you running Castles MMP SCT with 3800 combo?
I have two RX8's with Scx4 motors, but a friend is going to put the mamba in his new SCTE 2.0.
There are two guys running them at our track one in a 1.0 and the other with associated sc104x4.
The motor seems to go very well and it runs cooler than my Tekin.
Is it kinda like a MOPED no one on here will admit to using one?
I know its sensorless etc, BUT its more than $100.00 less than the RX8 pro4.
AND its in stock.
I know rumor has it theres a new RX8 on the horizon, but the snows melting and he wants to pull the trigger on new electronics to be ready NOW.

Im gonna get me a new pro 4 for mine my RX8s are all still good

Last edited by xxfile; 03-25-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
The fastest guys probably will not switch over since they are already at the top, until they start getting beat by average drivers.
An average driver will not beat the fastest guys at the track just cuz they have the 2.0 ..
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
An average driver will not beat the fastest guys at the track just cuz they have the 2.0 ..
Stranger things have happened. When you consider a lot of people are claiming they have cut off .5 to 1.0 seconds a lap, those are some big numbers without even having that much track time with the truck.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile
I have two RX8's with Scx4 motors, but a friend is going to put the mamba in his new SCTE 2.0.
There are two guys running them at our track one in a 1.0 and the other with associated sc104x4.
AND its in stock.
I know rumor has it theres a new RX8 on the horizon, but the snows melting and he wants to pull the trigger on new electronics to be ready NOW.

I run the mmp and 3800 combo, and love it. I ran the same combo in my jammin scrt 10 which was about 1/4 lbs heavier and it ran super cool with no issues.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
about to place my orders for the Titanium screw kit, let me know if anyone else wants to pick a set up.

$55 shipped. Got a few members who have placed their request just wanted to see if anyone else wanted one.
Can you get a set for the 22sct? I already have a set for the SCTE.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxfile
AND its in stock.

The castle runs cooler cause it's 4pole, I'm running the pro4 4600kv w/ a HW SCT pro and let me tell you when it runs good it's a beast but I DO NOT recommend the tekin w/ the hobbywing it glitches itself after awhile and cogs etc., the pro4 stays pretty cool I'm in temecula, ca and it was pretty hot this weekend and running pretty long my temps got up to 135-140degrees and stopped there for a good while, I'm definitely getting an rx8 this weekend and ditching the HW
Old 03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Agree not sure what they were thinking when they packaged the small parts at least put them together. Instead of spread out all over. They need to look at a shumacher kit!
I don't see how it was a bad build at all, this is my first build ever and other than a couple diff. screws and bottom shock caps everything was smooth, I know some stuff didn't match up in the manual as far as screw sizes and what not but it was common sense to know what screw to use by seeing the other screws you used and how many are there, if I had extra money I'd love to buy another kit and build it again
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can someone measure the distance beteeen the inside distance between the rod ends for the steering for the kit settings of - 1.5 toe. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thats not how its done, just adjust the turnbuckles until you have 1.5 degrees in or out or none there are gauges to measure it but itrs pretty much easy enough to eyeball..
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ok thanks Hey.
One more question I lost a drag link bushing in my build. I can't seem to find them listed? Do they come with the new drag link? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks Hey.
One more question I lost a drag link bushing in my build. I can't seem to find them listed? Do they come with the new drag link? Thanks.
Ya i lost one on the track once and they come with the drag link set
Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ok thanks Hey.
Yes they do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.