Wiki Posts
Search

z01-t vs. mbx6t

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
BWalton, I am only speaking of my own experience. I went through 5 rear ring and pinions in 4 months. I only shimmed the first one. After that they were shimmed by a very very experienced driver and still kept on failing. Like I said just my experience. As for the plastics I had shock screws stripping out in the arms after only a couple races and the turnbuckles were popping off the balls constantly, the lower shock caps also failed on me several times (that one was partly user error from not setting droop). Oh I forgot about the upper arm mounts stripping out on the rear shock tower saw that three times. All Rc brands have their faults. For me the Odaniel had the most. But hey you are still faster than me even with a broken truggy

Agreed 100%. Thats why the team guys run kyosho diffs and associated droop screws. The cartridges yank out of the bottom of the shock body too easy and destroys the whole shock. They make aluminum ones but have been on backorder since October.. And yes, the turnbuckles popped off with ease, but that was an easy fix with a washer. No offense to OD, but I just tell it like I experienced it. Not to mention, all three kits that I assembled were missing parts or had the wrong parts all together.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Have had a Z01-B for almost a year now, raced it, bashed it, beat the crap out of it and have never had a problem with it. I just picked up a Z01-T, and have raced it once since building it. Turned a lot of laps with it in practice though. OD website has tips on how to fix the little problems that it has. I have no complaints about the OD at all. I have driven the Mugen, and I absolutely love that truggy! It is one of the best out there. But, I turn faster lap times with OD. Can't go wrong either way IMO
Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i heard threw the grape vine that odonnell is coming out with a new truggy in the next few months or so. has anyone else heard this or know anything more about it? i think ill hold off and buy one later when they update them.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I have the mbx6t it's a great truggy the harder you drive it the faster it will go that's one of the biggest things I like about it I have owned every truggy except the OD truck I was gonna buy one but I am waiting till they come out with a team version truck like they did the buggy. Every brand has it's problems the diffs on the OD truck are just like the kyosho st-rr and the mbx6t you just gotta know how to shim it and check it every now and then and it will be ok. The best thing to do is make the choice you're self and not let everybody else choose for you. all the different truggys made are capable of winning it's just the setup and driver that will make it happen.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jammin57
I have the mbx6t it's a great truggy the harder you drive it the faster it will go that's one of the biggest things I like about it I have owned every truggy except the OD truck I was gonna buy one but I am waiting till they come out with a team version truck like they did the buggy. Every brand has it's problems the diffs on the OD truck are just like the kyosho st-rr and the mbx6t you just gotta know how to shim it and check it every now and then and it will be ok. The best thing to do is make the choice you're self and not let everybody else choose for you. all the different truggys made are capable of winning it's just the setup and driver that will make it happen.
i have seen losi have more diff problems than any of them. but i agree with you waiting on the OD team truggy. that what im going to do. i have made my mind up on one of these and i kept going back and forth on which on to get so i just want other peoples opinions. but im going to go with the OD truggy when they come out with the team version. my dad is going to race his OD buggy for a while so ill just use our x2 truggy for the time being or ill ust keep racing my x2 buggy.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin57
+1 on proper shimming. I have been running a losi 2.0t since they came out in march 2009 and I have went through 1 r/p. The 1.0 did not let you shim and I never checked the 2.0. After that 1 time it has been running good. Any diff will blow up of it is too loose or too tight it doesn't matter what brand you run.

As for your thread personally I would go wight the mugen. It's a great truck and always performs very well at the track. I just can't get beyond the pillow ball setup. It's a personal thing, it must work I see the mbx6/t scoot around the track very well. The other thing to consider is parts support. What's available to you. I order everything online but most of the guys I run with drive losi so I can usually find someone who has the part.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

i run jammin x2's and there is hardly ever anyone that has jammins so im used to not having parts at the track i just make due or just have parts that break. but i do know about the shimming on the ring and pinion. my dad has help a few losi guys shim their diffs bc theirs were blowing left and right. shimming is a problem for me. i have never had a diff problem. but thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As it was with the buggy, the update to the truggy will be an update kit. And as it was with the buggy, it will prolly be if you purchased a new truggy they will send you the update for free.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
As it was with the buggy, the update to the truggy will be an update kit. And as it was with the buggy, it will prolly be if you purchased a new truggy they will send you the update for free.
thats what i was thinking but im just going to wait and buy it when the kit comes out because with my luck they wont offer the free upgrade.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

pillow ball suspension is grossly underrated
Old 01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on proper shimming. I have been running a losi 2.0t since they came out in march 2009 and I have went through 1 r/p. The 1.0 did not let you shim and I never checked the 2.0. After that 1 time it has been running good. Any diff will blow up of it is too loose or too tight it doesn't matter what brand you run.

As for your thread personally I would go wight the mugen. It's a great truck and always performs very well at the track. I just can't get beyond the pillow ball setup. It's a personal thing, it must work I see the mbx6/t scoot around the track very well. The other thing to consider is parts support. What's available to you. I order everything online but most of the guys I run with drive losi so I can usually find someone who has the part.
I ran my Losi 2.0 truck all season....not one diff problem. It has 16 races on it......nothing broke or wore out. Many practice laps as well.....

My Mugen is fast as well and runs great and no diff problems either, but I feel the front arms are suspect with breaking if landing just a little wrong. I broke the bottom front arm at the 3rd race I used the mugen at.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dreaux
pillow ball suspension is grossly underrated
It truely is......great for tuning the front end. I like it now more then C style.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
It truely is......great for tuning the front end. I like it now more then C style.

easy to tune, easy to maintain, strong as nails and has a wider range of movement. Throw in a hitec 7955 and a good setup and it will corner on rails.

set it and forget it!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I ran my Losi 2.0 truck all season....not one diff problem. It has 16 races on it......nothing broke or wore out. Many practice laps as well.....

My Mugen is fast as well and runs great and no diff problems either, but I feel the front arms are suspect with breaking if landing just a little wrong. I broke the bottom front arm at the 3rd race I used the mugen at.

You landed just "a little wrong"? Man you must have nosedived from about 20 feet. I have done somersaults, cartwheels, flips, gainers, landing on one tire etc. Not one broken part.

I keep my front end solid as a rock though, I put as many clips on the suspension pins that i can forcibly fit and change the bushings out when there is even just a "little play". King headz makes brass bushing inserts now, that seems like a no brainer to get.

But overall, maintenance in everything. If it's in top condition all the time, and it stays solid and working properly man buggies will have few problems. I keep mine in impeccable condition at all times
Old 01-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dreaux
You landed just "a little wrong"? Man you must have nosedived from about 20 feet. I have done somersaults, cartwheels, flips, gainers, landing on one tire etc. Not one broken part.

I keep my front end solid as a rock though, I put as many clips on the suspension pins that i can forcibly fit and change the bushings out when there is even just a "little play". King headz makes brass bushing inserts now, that seems like a no brainer to get.

But overall, maintenance in everything. If it's in top condition all the time, and it stays solid and working properly man buggies will have few problems. I keep mine in impeccable condition at all times
Just clipped the top of a jump at an angle. Snapped as soon as it landed....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.