Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

deleted

Last edited by walterhenderson; 04-27-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

What are you talking about

Last edited by gasman; 09-09-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

Old 04-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey Walt-- Deleted? what are youuu talking about?? why you always hatin on me anyway bro??

Jody, I know what I told you at the track and I am cool but it is guite ironic that this is the first time you decided to write something? Why havent you been on here telling people how well you like the kit, and maybe share a set up or something? Seems like you have the kit pretty well hooked up at Josh's track.... I see that what I wrote got your attention. If you want to say that you had nothing to do with Walts car, that may be true but that doesnt mean that when you brought it down and he seen it that you didnt know he was planning on making a similar car? You know I really dont care....
Old 04-28-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

The unfortunate part of the whole thing is that the "toys" we play with all start to follow trends, anyways. The x-rays, tamiyas, schumachers, corallys etc. have all started to blend together recently. I imagine the same thing happening to 1/12th scale. Pretty soon, all the 1/12 cars are gonna have batts running down the middle. To be honest, if I had the means, I would have copied your car too. It's that damn good. Damon...you should consider yourself a "trend-setter". Anyway, lets just settle it on the track.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
[INDENT]

X-lr8 prototype pics[/URL]
[INDENT]

Hmm..... Looks like an "X-Ray'd" TC4. Very interersting. Good luck with it guys! Seems as though someone might have finally solved the problems of the TC4.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
Old 04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stampede
The unfortunate part of the whole thing is that the "toys" we play with all start to follow trends, anyways. The x-rays, tamiyas, schumachers, corallys etc. have all started to blend together recently. I imagine the same thing happening to 1/12th scale. Pretty soon, all the 1/12 cars are gonna have batts running down the middle. To be honest, if I had the means, I would have copied your car too. It's that damn good. Damon...you should consider yourself a "trend-setter". Anyway, lets just settle it on the track.
The unfortunate thing is that you two think it is a copy! If you call running the battery's down the middle copying i guess it is then, since that and the front end are the only things that are the same.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Diggity
Hey Walt-- Deleted? what are youuu talking about?? why you always hatin on me anyway bro??

Jody, I know what I told you at the track and I am cool but it is guite ironic that this is the first time you decided to write something? Why havent you been on here telling people how well you like the kit, and maybe share a set up or something? Seems like you have the kit pretty well hooked up at Josh's track.... I see that what I wrote got your attention. If you want to say that you had nothing to do with Walts car, that may be true but that doesnt mean that when you brought it down and he seen it that you didnt know he was planning on making a similar car? You know I really dont care....
Yep, I deleted my post. It could have been taken the wrong way.

There if no hatin from me. In fact I told Jody he was crazy if he didn't run your car. The fact is, the technology in batterys and motors is making the cars so fast we have to adapt the cars to these speeds. And one of the main things is getting the batterys down the center of the car.
My design uses a fiberglass "U" bar, 3 piviot balls and 3 shocks. That is totally different from your design.

Walter
Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Mr. Henderson: The point I was trying to make was that this could be a trend. I didn't say you copied it...What I said was I would have copied it if I was able to. Besides, as I said before, everyones R/C is based on the same principle. Some succeed, some fail miserably. I applaud anyone with enough know-how to make their own car. I saw your car. It looked sweet. It also looked great on the track. I'm not in a position to say if anyone copied anyone else. I think that manufacturing r/c kits is a cut-throat business. How many conversion kits are there for the L3/L4? Both of yours are another of the masses. In fact, there was a guy at the G.R. track(not Mr. Rott) who cut his own 1/12 chassis with the batts down the middle. That car was a P.O.S.! Congrats to both of you for straying from the norm and being innovators.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

DARKSIDE: Thanks for the compliment!, we hope to have solved the missing link between all the new cars and the slowly fading TC3/4 shaft drive cars!! The carbon components should be at the shop next week and we should be able to take orders as soon as 2 weeks...

Walt: Im glad that there isnt any hate from you especially when I look up to you as a team driver of AE.. You know in the past we have raced a few good races and to get props from you is something to remember... Although Im still wondering how many days you had the D12 chassis in your hands to get the measurements from? Im just gonna say that your right about the differences in our cars, I like to see new inovation as much as the next person
Old 04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

"Although Im still wondering how many days you had the D12 chassis in your hands to get the measurements from?"

Zero days,,,,, Your car just revived an old project that Walt had, and my little cnc mill made it a little easier for him to put it together. I had a discussion with another individual last fall about running the batteries up the middle,,,,, with a totally different rear suspension. With RC, there isn't really anything "new", It's just technology finally catches up with the ideas to make it possible.

Steve McGeorge
Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default They're all copies

The CRC and speedmerchant cars have lower links, side damper tubes, side springs (crappy progressive ones no less), a rear center pivot that acts similar to a panhard bar, and a center shock.

How many of these things are on the Diggity car? What's new? The battery thing has been done before on the 10th cars (see YRX10 and Trinity Reflex 10).

Similar cars to Walts were one of the old Yoke designs, and one of the original cars that Jeff and Danny Miles tried.

We're going to see a lot of new cars because the current cars don't work very well in mod. Centering the weight, handling the rough tracks, and controlling the weight transfer are all going to be important.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Steve McGeorge: I dont think it really matters what you have to say, especially when you are the one cutting the stuff for Walt!! Of course you are gonna say that..

Ok this is the last statement Im even going to make about this Walt thing: He may have already had an old car that he was working on (ive never seen it) and miles may have had a car they were working on and blah blah blah!! You guys are missing the point, its not that the kit Walt made looks similar and has the batteries down the middle, BUT when I hear from Nick himself at the Hobby Hub along with others that I dont need to mention that Walt had had my chassis in his hands to use for reference then of course I will have something to say !!! I mean who wouldnt?? Walt you should have just asked to get a kit from me?? You know I really care less, It only took me 6 hours to design and cut the first prototype of the D12, I have a ton of new and unigue ideas so lets just put this to a rest!! I think 1/12th scale is kind of a EASY side to R/C racing and my focus is 110% on our touring car stuff, this is just a side project.. although it is very dialed!!

Unregistered: Very true that we are going to see many new changes in the designs of new 1/12th kits!!! I suppose I should give myself props for designing such a bomb kit!! Our D12 kit uses the best possible battery positioning, we also use side springs but very different from a CRC car and we also use a middle spring instead of a pivot ball, this allows the rear pod to have extra suspension and also more tuning options.. The rear "U" bar is made from 3mm carbon--there is no fiberglass on this kit because fiberglass breaks!! I dont think Ive seen any kit so far that is similar to ours other than the batteries being down the middle and of course a shock and dampener tube!!....

Hey Walt: Keep pimpin playa!!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

So we'll just make Nick the scapegoat.

Your car doesn't have a U bar so it's really made of nothing not graphite. The only thing that's the same is the front suspension and battery/servo placement.

What amazes me is that you're making a sedan (110% of your effort) and it's nothing more than a copy of the TC3 that Associated has been selling for years. Yes, the motor is on the correct side and the drivetrain is lowered (Walt and half the racing community did that years ago so you must have copied that) but really, what is so innovative on the sedan? Or the 12th car for that matter? Your cars are working very well but come on. Isn't it the cat calling the kettle black when you totally copy the TC3? BMI, Yokomo, HPI, and Tamiya all copied the shaft design btw.

This is so petty...It's junior high all over again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.