Wiki Posts
Search

RC8 engine shimming

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Post RC8 engine shimming

Hello. I need a quick run-through on how to shim a brand new B5 so that the pilot shaft isn't sticking about 2mm past the clutch bell... I have some small copper washers (losi shims) some medium silverish (losi) and some 7mm big ones... Please help, and any help is awesome!

-Erik
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You can do 1 of 2 things. YOu can add shims behind the collet on the shaft or you can add shims behind the rear CB bearing. If you add them behind the CB bearing just make sure when you are finished that you cannot see the shoes between the CB and flywheel.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Suspended

I had to put 3 small shims on my go 3pt i put them on the front of the clutchbell unter the screw.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Every engine is different I have several speed engines all the same version all with the same clutch/ flywheel and they all shim out differently. Every engine is just a little bit different. Kyosho makes the beat shim kit I have seen they include shims in .1, .2, & .3mm this allows a perfectly shimmer clutch bell every time.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Frank L
Every engine is different I have several speed engines all the same version all with the same clutch/ flywheel and they all shim out differently. Every engine is just a little bit different. Kyosho makes the beat shim kit I have seen they include shims in .1, .2, & .3mm this allows a perfectly shimmer clutch bell every time.
thanks guys, i got it all worked out!