Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

£299 on their site
Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was funny I was looking at my SV2 on the shelf this morning.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow. Lots to digest here. First, thank you to Schumacher for clearly addressing the US market. Message received. And thanks Tony for posting this preliminary info. Have you had the opportunity to try one of these yet? Looking forward to comparing notes in the months ahead.

Here are some preliminary thoughts and observations:

- Beautiful materials and machining on the parts as usual. The tranny case is world class. Period.
- I like that they added grub screws to the outboard hinge pins in the front. They had a tendency to back out.
- No more offset ball ups in front, nice captured ones instead
- Front camber link plate has the two commonly used mounting holes instead of one (no swapping them out)
- Nice knurled thumb wheels for the battery straps. (no more body clips)
- Why universals and not CVDs? (ala KR)
- Waterfall appears to accommodate a top deck. Option part?
- The shock cap design is really nice (more on this later)
- Tunable flex via side rails (remove/loosen bolts for more/less flex)
- Toe/squat adjustments with a shim and different rear cap. (No plastic pills!)
- The body is not that nice looking IMO. At least compared to the KF series.

And last but not least, the chassis! First, it appears to be a bit longer? But the most interesting thing about the chassis are all the holes NOT in use. The holes up the middle appear to be spaced exactly like the Kf2. Additionally, the holes that are used to bolt down the KF2 toe block pivots in the rear are empty. My guess is that the next KF design iteration will use this chassis as well. And what would really be great is if all of the parts for the next KF would bolt directly onto this chassis so converting back and forth for different tracks/surfaces was a snap. It would make the investment in the KD even more appealing, a whole new kit purchase would not be needed. I am betting this is the direction they are headed.

Some may ask the question: Why not a laydown design? I think there are a few reasons for this. The first is that they wanted to optimize the car for the vast majority of low/med/med-high grip surfaces out of the gate. The design of the waterfall clearly accommodates the possibility of moving it forward by using the sets of mounting holes up the middle. A different tranny case and motor plate with a laydown configuration is easily accommodated by the flexibility of this design. The next reason is that I think they are really going after a world title with this design. It is squarely aimed at the kind of surface the worlds will be run on later this year in China. And lastly, the KF2 is already a great "laydown" car

In summary: excellent show! And while I think this kit looks superb I am even more impressed by what appears to be a really nice K* platform coming together. A really modular and flexible design, lots of part overlap/sharing with the ability to accommodate any type of surface. This is what the rest of the industry is trying to do and it looks like Schumacher is well positioned to execute it better than anyone. I am going to pre-order mine......
Old 01-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Well said. I don't have much to add to that lol

Mine will be here soon. I'm ready to start running it immediately
Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like the body other then the fin on the roof.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

As always a great looking car. Would like to see like many a LD version but time will tell how it fairs vs the other brand setups.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I like the no nonsense approach to all their designs. No fluff no rtr garbage. Just racecars
Too true, Thanks Schumacher!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

I was impressed by this for sure!!! as I just picked up a KF2 in Dec, and now this one. But I like the KF2 Belt design, But we all race different and we all race diffrent classes. ILl wait a few months till I pick one of these up and play with it this winter. She looks awesome in my book!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Got mine on pre-order now. Looking forward to this car, really interested in seeing how it drives compared to the B6D. I have always been impressed with Schumacher quality. I like the fact of the captive ball cups for the front camber (the one part I always seemed to break were the offset ball cups).

Will be building this car for 17.5 so it will be interesting to see what the weight is out of the box.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks beautiful, I'm not after a laydown, but a 4 gear would be good. then I can shelve the KR completely
Old 01-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can you run like proline rims or do you have to run the schumacher rims only wondering what size the hubs are ?
Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

They're all 12mm. Ae offset
Old 01-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

After reading Schumacher's launch materials it's interesting to see that this is aimed at "low-traction" and "loose dirt".

Remember when we debated if a mid motor 2wd would ever be good enough to really be competitive on anything but carpet? It was like, 3-1/2 years ago. How things change...
Old 01-14-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Who is the preferred Schumacher retailer in the USA now? Meaning gets them quickest and most parts available?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

First choice is Discount RC store. Customer service is great, parts arrive quickly, and they know the Schumacher line well.

Second choice is Amain Hobbies. Have good customer service but I have found Discount RC Store is far more experienced with the modern Schumacher kits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.