Wiki Posts
Search

First trip out with the 8ight 2.0 @ ARC

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default First trip out with the 8ight 2.0 @ ARC

Loaded up and cruised over to ARC yesterday for my first trip out with an R/C in over 6 years. The car ran flawless all night (cant say the same for my driving...). Loads of steering and it was predictable through the bumps with very good drive out of the corners (box stock setup). The motor seems to have pretty good mileage; I pitted at 8m 45s in the main and could have safely run another lap before I came in. Top end was adequate but it does need a little more low end punch. Oh, I ran AKA City Blocks and they seemed to hook up pretty well up there.

Qualified 2nd in Sportsman and ended up finishing 4th (had a little problem keeping rubber side down...). Would have been nice to pick up a podium finish but I cant complain, had a blast I was very impressed that an out of the box RTR ran so well, props to Losi on a very good package.

Oh, they were out of transponders at the track but another racer lent me an extra he had so I could get scored properly; thanks a million, much appreciated.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

glad to hear the car ran good.

ARC is a great facility. glad you had a good time!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

there was a guy this summer that ran the crap out of a couple rtr 2.0's that i seen go to some of the tracks i go to this summer. it was just crazy to see him quilify better than guys with pro built race rollers etc...he told me that he has ran for years like yourself, although took a little break. once again its crazy to see a kit you can grab, run out on a track and race that easy too.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, gotta thank Chris (hope I got the name right) as well. He helped a friend tune his motor and I asked him to check mine out while he was there. He made a small adjustment to the top and bottom end and told me to try it out. It had a slight bog on the bottom afterward so he advised me to fatten it a smidge on the bottom. Worked well, I ended up going about an hour leaner on the top and was set pretty well for the races.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

whats your diff oil setup?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by midship909
whats your diff oil setup?
I literally took it out of the box, replaced the servos and tires, and tossed it on the track. What ever it shipped with is what is in there now. The manual recommends 5-5-2 so I'm guessing that is what the kit shipped with.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i believe the stock setup is 5,5,3 that is what come in mine and yeah the car is really good and the motor is pretty strong for a rtr motor mine has a lot of bottum in punch and the top is pretty good as well my first run with mine i TQ and took 2nd in the main i have gave it to my son now and i got a hb d8 but the car is good right out of the box.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Oh, gotta thank Chris (hope I got the name right) as well. He helped a friend tune his motor and I asked him to check mine out while he was there. He made a small adjustment to the top and bottom end and told me to try it out. It had a slight bog on the bottom afterward so he advised me to fatten it a smidge on the bottom. Worked well, I ended up going about an hour leaner on the top and was set pretty well for the races.
Would that have been Chris Vierra? From Track Star? That helped you out?

It's wouldn't suprise me as he helps EVERYONE...

Jimmy Wright
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

I was marshalling your race last night at center track back wall & must say you got better as the night went on,& much better than most in those heats.I have 2 missing fingernails now & niether were from you.I appreciate that.

I dont think I saw Chris V at the track last night,at least not in one of those cool looking new shirts.

Almost forgot the bruised ankle nor bruised shin were from you either.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
I was marshalling your race last night at center track back wall & must say you got better as the night went on,& much better than most in those heats.I have 2 missing fingernails now & niether were from you.I appreciate that.

I dont think I saw Chris V at the track last night,at least not in one of those cool looking new shirts.
Shirts will be here next week.......

Chris was helping Brandon Aymar and Pres Ilog and Kellen Freemen (amongst others I'm sure!!)
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey, that was me that helped you out! Butch, I saw you in mid sprint to help the rest of the gang and didn't get to say hi. Im glad I could help and would have liked to help more but I was super busy yesterday. If you guys need any help out at the track come over and ask. See you next weekend? Let me know if there is anything we can do for Joe to get him back out to have some fun! Next weekend I will have those super rad TrackStar shirts from fastlane!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks again bro. Next weekend is the sand sports super show and the weekend after is full scale racing but I'll be back in 3 weeks. Joe ended up loosing the motor (no compression), he needed a new mill anyways so it's no big deal. He should be back in a couple weeks as well. Hopefully I can keep the thing rubber side down next trip out :Lol:

Did I get the name right?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got the name right! Sand sports at pomona? Have fun and see ya at the races!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

Any video of it?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tech5
Got the name right! Sand sports at pomona? Have fun and see ya at the races!
Costa Mesa for the show.

No video from me; we brought the pups but it was a bit warm so my wife took them home; I had the camera but no photographer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.