Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 10 SC Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Hyper 10 SC Nitro

Sorry if this is a beaten horse, I searched the forum and didn't find a thread on it specifically.

I've ordered an OFNA Hyper 10 SC Nitro Roller which I believe will be here sometime in the beginning of May.

I'm completely green when it comes to nitro/gas and even though I've been getting some good advise and help from a guy at my local track, I wanted to ask here to get some more opinions. Hope you folks can be helpful and patient with me and my questions.

I'm really just curious about what engine to get. The PDF that OFNA has on their website shows a Picco .12 for MSRP of $350.00. I'm not planning on racing this truck competitively right away. My intentions are to just drive it at the local outdoor 1/8 scale track. Are there any less expensive engines you would recommend that would require minimal maintenance and tuning or is this Picco engine "the" engine to get?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just saw that truck and it is sweet. I am actually considering getting rid or the 1/8th scale I just built to get one! look for a totally rebuilt D8 with a new P5X and new pipe in the want ad section soon!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have had mine about a week, ran it on the track for the first time yesterday. The kit comes with a 14 tooth clutch bell, it was too much for the jammin .12, a 13 was much better but I had pushed the 12 too far and it is junk. I put a 18 in it today. Much Better!!! I'm gonna try the 14 tooth again when I get back to the track.

It handles pretty good and is a ton of fun.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

the kit that I got came with the electric manual, need to download the hyper mini st manual from ofna to assemble the throttle linkage. Comes with a 1/8 scale air filter and pipe cupler.

I would advise starting out with a 13 tooth or smaller clutch bell.
the brake pads swelled up a ton when fuel was spilled on them, the truck would not move.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Lot of engine options, im not too familar with the smaller .12-.18 but here are a few to look through.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the all replies guys. The truck just arrived off of back-order yesterday.

Looks like that Picco .21 is selling for about $99 on Nitrohouses website and I have a supplier who will sell to me for $65.00

I guess for the $$ I can't go wrong with the Picco as my introductory engine.

Anyone know if that Sullivan TigerDrive will fit on this?