Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5T??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Mugen MBX5T??????

i am going to buy a mugen and i want to know what parts are the most fragile on that car so i can buy better ones in advance

thanks peter
Old 12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by playboy
i am going to buy a mugen and i want to know what parts are the most fragile on that car so i can buy better ones in advance

thanks peter
i have been racing a 5T for awhile and only broken one front lower arm and one rear lower arm...the 5T really doesnt have a weak spot...
Old 12-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks

do they sell rpm arms for that truck?
how much are they?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

ok thanks

do they sell rpm arms for that truck?
how much are they?
no rpm does not make arms for the 5T...the stock arms are strong, and the breaks were just from alot of hard racing...if you get the prospec there is no reason to upgrade anything...the only mod i would consider is the losi 8T wheel adapters, this mod gives the 5T more low speed turn...
Old 12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

What is the difference between the losi and mugen wheel hexes?

BTW, I agree about the mugen being super strong. I have taken some serious hits and it just takes it all in stride.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badaml
What is the difference between the losi and mugen wheel hexes?

BTW, I agree about the mugen being super strong. I have taken some serious hits and it just takes it all in stride.
the losi adapters make the truck narrower, making it have more low speed turn...
Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

The mugen is pretty much indestructable. My dad races one and has only broken one front arm when he hit a wall. He also runs the buggy wheel hexes so that it is narrower, which is necessary since we run on an indoor, tight track.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

thanks guys

what kind of motor is the best suit for that car
i dont know if i am going to get a .21 or a .28
Old 12-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

thanks guys

what kind of motor is the best suit for that car
i dont know if i am going to get a .21 or a .28
i run both a .21 nad a .28 in mine...
Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Most guys lose the stock steel brake discs and rubber pads. Just use the metal calipers on one of the aftermarket brake discs (I personally use the TTR option discs part # PD1861). Cradock, Racer's Edge, Avid and a few other make discs as well. Also ditch the stock 1.4mm white shock pistons and use the 1.5mm black shock pistons.

The rest of the truck is bullet-proof. ProLine now makes 17mm LPR truggy wheels to run the newer LPR tires. If you want to reduce unsprung weight, get some lightweight pillow balls. There are several out there: Dace, Mugen, Innovative Design, etc).

As for a motor, on the track the .21 works great and gets better run time. For bashing the .28's are a lot of fun but suck more fuel.

Best of luck,
Old 12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
Most guys lose the stock steel brake discs and rubber pads. Just use the metal calipers on one of the aftermarket brake discs (I personally use the TTR option discs part # PD1861). Cradock, Racer's Edge, Avid and a few other make discs as well. Also ditch the stock 1.4mm white shock pistons and use the 1.5mm black shock pistons.

The rest of the truck is bullet-proof. ProLine now makes 17mm LPR truggy wheels to run the newer LPR tires. If you want to reduce unsprung weight, get some lightweight pillow balls. There are several out there: Dace, Mugen, Innovative Design, etc).

As for a motor, on the track the .21 works great and gets better run time. For bashing the .28's are a lot of fun but suck more fuel.

Best of luck,
well if you want to go into more detail...i also run after market brakes from AVID and run the 1.5 pistons, but i do not see this being needed, but yes it will help the truck preform better...i also run the dace lightened pillow balls and the proline LRP wheel and tire combo...infact if you really want to get in depth i do not run the Al chassis braces, but instead run the plastics cause i feel the Al ones make the chassis to stiff...oh i also have a tonyscrews kit...
Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 5t parts

They are both right. the cradock brakes are nice and I would keep extra ring and pinion gears in your box just in case. spiral cut gears always make me nervous. other wise build it and run it you won't be dissapointed