Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Well today didnt go well for me today... my 19 turn kept going sour on me when I'd be doing well... after my second round I found out a winding was loose ... so had to buy a new komodo 19 turn. I then bought a a xray sway bar kit that only made my car worse. Luckily now in my car was handeling well and there saying traction is at its max right now so I'm think I will be alright if I do my part... In stock I was scrubbing WAY too much speed in the corners in the first round in the second round I was pulling consistant mid 11 sec laps until I put it into a wall Plus the stock car should be better now with the new setup on it from 19 turn... Thanks for all the help in setup Craig and Tag!!! All in all it was a bad day for me but tomorrow is another day and I think things should work out ok! I'm going to think positive But most importantly I am having a good time!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratz to all the eXpress drivers that attended the ROAR Nats this weekend! Tag is was good to finally meet you face to face, you provided the whole team with mad rip all weekend! X-man good to see you again, hopefully you guys can make it out to the March Meltdown next weekend!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all.. This is gona be short. I just flew in. Congrats to the entire team this weekend on great runs.

X Man, I see you are human now...

Paul C. ..Awsome run in 1/12 19T ya almost brought the National title home,great clean racing by you and Ray...

X will have a race recap tommorow....

EA.. How was that Taco......
Old 03-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Suspended

Thanks to Tag and X for all the help over the weekend. It was also nice meeting all the Express racers from the Great White North.

It was amateur hour for me all week (I guess that's 120 hours total) . By the end of qualifying I had a top 20 car, but a bottom 20 driving performance.

Hope to see everyone at The Gate in April.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I can work everything out. I will be at The Gate in April.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

mike you coming to the states?

-DC-
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smitty2802
mike you coming to the states?

-DC-
If you mean me, then yes. Sent in my entry and $$$ a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It was good to meet some of the newer faces on the team, I had a great time as always, I spent waaay too much money, I was dog tired for most of it and I will definately do it again!

Tag, thanks for all your help with the HP and tuning tips this will help even more when I'm at my club races.

Shout out to James Reilly for letting some of eXpress Canada stay at his house.

X-man, thanks for letting me pick your brain you sure know how to tune a LOSI ! It won't be too long you will be world champ with your Corally.

Later dudes!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

What a great event...I had a blast even though I couldn't qualify worth a damn lol

I think I put in the best run I ever had in my 19 turn D main though. I started in 5th and in the first corner I moved up to 4th. By the end of the 2nd lap I believe I was in 3rd and then by the next couple laps I was leading! I wasn’t leading by much though I had Team Associated Driver/ TC5's main designer Bob Stellflue on my arse the rest of the race! And when I say that I mean he was like no more than 3 feet from me for like 4 minutes. I was just holding my line and wheeling the snot out of the car trying to hold him off. He had a touch more power than me but I kept saying to myself "just hold your line and there’s no way he will get by." It was awesome hearing everyone "ouing" and "awwing" the whole run! I was told like everyone in the building was watching the race we had going on!!! I did that and just held my line for the rest of the race and was busting off fast and consistent laps while doing so! I was so impressed with myself. I never knew I could run like that before lol So the last minute of the race came and I was still like,” JUST HOLD YOUR LINE!!!" I did that for the rest of the race but on the last corner he touched my rear right wheel and spun me around and into the boards _bad_ He got booed LOL He was waiting a little bit but then the 3rd place driver came around so the guy who took me out took off too so I finished 3rd _bad_ I got shafted pretty good on that one but really that was the most fun I think I ever had in onroad racing _good_ I was talking with that Bob Stellflue after the run for a while and he kept on apologizing to me. I was like no worries I had a great time, even though I got robbed on that run LOL

After we got off the drivers stand we shuck hands and I had Keven Hebert come up to me and he told me I had an awesome race there and said he was really impressed! I couldn’t believe that! Then I had Bobby Flack, Craig Xavier and a few others do the same! It really made me feel good _good_ through out the rest of the day I had random people come up to me and congratulate me on the awesome run that I had. It was pretty sweet _shiner_ Then I go upstairs and I have Rob and James Reilly looking at me in shock saying "Where the hell did you learn to wheel a car like that!?!" LMFAO It was cool knowing we had the whole place watching our run! One of the greatest feeling you can have in rc. I wish Tag was able to see it though because it would have been the only good run he seen me put in all week . He was busy getting Cickies motor ready for his main though.

So in the end I ended up taking home a pair of plaques which was pretty cool. I ran a consistent race in stock as well but I just couldn’t get any speed out of my car. Oh well I still had a good time.

I'd like to thank some people though

John Tag for helping me out with motor tunning and setup advice
Craig Xavier for setup help and just beign there with general help
James Reilly for letting "TEAM CANIDA" stay at his house LOL
Nate Teshsakol-ICH LOL for bringing me back into the "fun" of rc! I had a great time!
Erin and Louis Zonta for the motor cooler and for the good laughs and times!
Wayne Vince for the setup tips and encouragement!
Andy Vetor thank you for being Andy Your da man!!!
Chris Persyn, Darko Varga and Victor Garcia for the home support!

Last but certainly not least
Jeff Beaule for just being there with any help I needed and the encouragement you gave me was great! Thanks a bunch!
Rob Say thanks "DUDE" LOL for putting up pitting beside me lol We had some killer games going on in foosball and in darts.

Had a great time! I can't wait to hit the Meltdowns track with my 19 turn car _blah_ WOO HOOO!!!

Stratus
Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
If you mean me, then yes. Sent in my entry and $$$ a couple weeks ago.
well of course... when do you paln on going down??? fri or sat.. if sa i just wanted to know so i can save some spots

-DC-
Old 03-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I missed that awsome run Aaron,But I hear it was kool..

Great job to all..

Jeff great rebound..

Lou great run in 1/12 19T,that was a fast feild.

Mike.. Yea little late but your car came around well.

All great week of fun, Peter maybe next time you can finish more. Great meeting the entire gang from Canada.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like a great run Aaron. I'm really bummed I didn't have the bonus lap membership so I could have watched it.

Actually...I'm bummed I wasn't there. Would have been even better to watch it in person! Congrats on your run Aaron. Even your write up had me sitting on the edge of my seat!

X-man, a little work and it'll be there. Or maybe we can just wait for the PHI
Old 03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Robbie!

Hey Tag anyword on you and the Xman making the meltdown?!?! I really hope you guys can come to the race! That would be so awesome!!!

We have a huge amount of drivers signed up and plus we always have a load of people who sign up the day of. We already have 43 stock TC drivers signed up. I'm going to guess around 60 or more by Friday/Saturday though. Which is going to be 8-9 heats at our track!

Here is the link the track...and signup info is there incase anyone else wants to join the fun!!!

http://www.actionhobbieskingsville.com/main.html
Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Aaron, that was a great race report!

As far as the Meltdown, I really hope to see Tag, X-man and anyone else from eXpress show up to this race!

I can imagine how happy our local guys would be to have a "TAGGED" motor!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by smitty2802
well of course... when do you paln on going down??? fri or sat.. if sa i just wanted to know so i can save some spots

-DC-
Not sure yet. I'll know more about when, who, and how over the next 2 Sunday's at The Beav.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.