Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
I Hope castle will have some new software soon, the Speed Passion / Hobby Wing speedo's with the new 410 and 422 software just blew us Mamba's away this past weekend at our club race. and the HW 60A esc is only $80! , and it took TQ and win in both 13.5 and 17.5, the low end grunt and top end of that sofrware is incredible!.. i thought the Mamba had punch, but boy.. Please castle we need a turbo
Funny my best friend runs for SpeedPassion and has the newest updates that just came out and its still not as fast as the Tekin or the MMP.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

I Hope castle will have some new software soon, the Speed Passion / Hobby Wing speedo's with the new 410 and 422 software just blew us Mamba's away this past weekend at our club race. and the HW 60A esc is only $80! , and it took TQ and win in both 13.5 and 17.5, the low end grunt and top end of that sofrware is incredible!.. i thought the Mamba had punch, but boy.. Please castle we need a turbo
Are you sure your Mamba or motor aren't broken?

I have someone at my club who has one of those latest firmware updated Hobby Wing ones and mine still has a major edge over it. Is this outdoors or indoors?

I only have experience of comparing other cars indoors myself with these new type escs. I'm convinced the low end punch of the Mamba is ahead of everything there is.

I can set it to - 'almost to the point of impossible to drive with wheelspin mode!'
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Nothing is broken on my side, i am just saying it like it is this past weekend, myself (Mamba) and the tekin's are running 13.9's around the track, this weekend a SP with version 422 is now running 13.8's from the 14.1's earlier. The mamba has the most punch i've seen yet this guy had alot of acceleration, and by the end of the straight which is about 45m had about 2 car lengths over both the mamba and tekin.. Maybe his speedo is just on steriods
Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Nothing is broken on my side, i am just saying it like it is this past weekend, myself (Mamba) and the tekin's are running 13.9's around the track, this weekend a SP with version 422 is now running 13.8's from the 14.1's earlier. The mamba has the most punch i've seen yet this guy had alot of acceleration, and by the end of the straight which is about 45m had about 2 car lengths over both the mamba and tekin.. Maybe his speedo is just on steriods
I'm convinced 2 car lengths wont even give a tenth on a race track, especially one that of size. My car is wheelspinning all over the place on the carpet that has decent grip and that's whats loosing me time and consistentcy.

On a side note, I took the Mamba out of my car yesterday. I could not take it any longer. My car on an indoor track is getting upset too easily with the amount of torque this Mamba is pushing out, even with a 13.5. I put back my LRP SPX with a 10.5 and car was much easier to drive and quicker around the lap. I can now put the car settings back to how I like, not trying to compensate for the power increase.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxg123456
I'm convinced 2 car lengths wont even give a tenth on a race track, especially one that of size. My car is wheelspinning all over the place on the carpet that has decent grip and that's whats loosing me time and consistentcy.

On a side note, I took the Mamba out of my car yesterday. I could not take it any longer. My car on an indoor track is getting upset too easily with the amount of torque this Mamba is pushing out, even with a 13.5. I put back my LRP SPX with a 10.5 and car was much easier to drive and quicker around the lap. I can now put the car settings back to how I like, not trying to compensate for the power increase.

In theory you can have the power you want/need with MMP.

There is the ideia, a think that can go fast, can go slow too.

The opposit is not the same. A think that can go slow, could not go fast.

So I think you can take power out. Look at timing, and throtle curves, you can use them on the the ESC or on the radio, considering you have exponential, You can cut the THR endpoint on the radio or with the curves on the ESC.

In the beginning I was worried because of the lack of power, that could be a major problem if there is no way to increase it. But there is.

I would not be worried if the thing has to much power. There are a lot of ways you can take power out.

Hope I can help.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PDM
In theory you can have the power you want/need with MMP.

There is the ideia, a think that can go fast, can go slow too.

The opposit is not the same. A think that can go slow, could not go fast.

So I think you can take power out. Look at timing, and throtle curves, you can use them on the the ESC or on the radio, considering you have exponential, You can cut the THR endpoint on the radio or with the curves on the ESC.

In the beginning I was worried because of the lack of power, that could be a major problem if there is no way to increase it. But there is.

I would not be worried if the thing has to much power. There are a lot of ways you can take power out.

Hope I can help.
I think you're spot on with your statements. I went down to 40 degrees timing from 50 and put punch control upto 50% and that appeared to make the car behave itself better, but it was laggy. The throttle curve I found made the huge low end power come in at mid range and I just got even more in trouble. I've gone down to a 13.5 from a 10.5 motor to also take some grunt away out of slow corners and it still spins up at 30% throttle. I've sort of come to the conclusion that the traction at my club isn't all that high and this Mamba isn't actually needed for it, so i'm not slating this esc for it.

For some reason the LRP SPX is the perfect esc for my club. Its very mild and you can give it 50% throttle even out of hairpins and its still getting the wheels turning at the same speed as the road underneath (not to say this is how I'm driving the Mamba). To also prove the point, two of the fastest guys there who finish 1st and 2nd every week run an LRP SPX with a Novak 10.5. They stuck in the SXX stock spec and it clearly wasnt as comportable to use on a medium traction carpet layout. These two are always high in the As at national level.

When I tried this Mamba early on at a club with very high traction, I was astounded by it. Now I know why. I geared it at 8.50, full esc timing, full motor timing with a Novak 10.5 and it out accelerated every car out there. The reason being, the wheels were not spinning and the esc was in its element. I can get this esc to run around the same speed down the straight with a 13.5, as the LRP SPX with a 10.5 at my club, but for the infield on a low/medium grip carpet track i'd take the SPX any day.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

I'm convinced 2 car lengths wont even give a tenth on a race track, especially one that of size.
2 Car lengths on the straight, and the track has 2 straights, with some infield sections as well, and it does indeed give a 0.1 sec difference. That little bit of turbo the SP has does give it a tick of an advantage. Remember the SP and Tekin has the RPM boost like the Mamba as well as a Turbo at full throttle. All i'm asking is a new firmware for the Mamba, i just dont see their software development as forth coming as Tekin and the SP . It's gone from motor/brush (when it was the days of brushed motors) of the week to Software of the week..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

2 Car lengths on the straight, and the track has 2 straights, with some infield sections as well, and it does indeed give a 0.1 sec difference. That little bit of turbo the SP has does give it a tick of an advantage. Remember the SP and Tekin has the RPM boost like the Mamba as well as a Turbo at full throttle. All i'm asking is a new firmware for the Mamba, i just dont see their software development as forth coming as Tekin and the SP . It's gone from motor/brush (when it was the days of brushed motors) of the week to Software of the week..
Sure. I would agree with you. I think with the top end timing update and the capability of adjusting how gentle you can adjust low end speed (for me) like the Tekin would be a dream. I have emailed them recently about the issues i've had and they've been understanding of the situation. They agree the drivability at low speed isn't quite up with the tekin and they're working on it, so I presume the top end timing will happen also. Like you, i'm a bit impatient as I cannot use this MMP at the moment.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have the MMP for trade for 1cell version...anyone?

Last edited by Goingfast; 04-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Sure. I would agree with you. I think with the top end timing update and the capability of adjusting how gentle you can adjust low end speed (for me) like the Tekin would be a dream. I have emailed them recently about the issues i've had and they've been understanding of the situation. They agree the drivability at low speed isn't quite up with the tekin and they're working on it, so I presume the top end timing will happen also. Like you, i'm a bit impatient as I cannot use this MMP at the moment.
I know what you mean, us racers are impatient and we want the good stuff now

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I have the MMP and I like to know ,what is the cost to updated to 1Cell version?
Castle had a deal on a little while back where you could send in your modified 2 cell and get the 1 cell for a fee, not sure if its still going on. maybe best to email castle and check.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

well Monday is going to be the toughest test yet for the MMP. I will be racing a few guys that are very quick in the 13.5 class in the UK at WLRC. I am still a bit worried on the drag brake lag as this may cost me a bit of time. will report back mon/tues and see how we get on. should be dry.....
Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whoopass
well Monday is going to be the toughest test yet for the MMP. I will be racing a few guys that are very quick in the 13.5 class in the UK at WLRC. I am still a bit worried on the drag brake lag as this may cost me a bit of time. will report back mon/tues and see how we get on. should be dry.....
Same here, Mendip BTCC on this weekend, in preperation for the national in a couple of weeks... good news so far is I seem to have found somthing that means the car is only a smidge slower down the straight (it's a long one...) and seemingly a bit more grunty on the infield than tekins... and keeps the motor cooler too....

Will report back tomorrow with more findings... hopefully, if the Losi gets built in time

Ed
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

A big factor on how good the MMP works is getting the RPM range right. I know when I get it right I have huge rip in the infield and don't loose anything on the straights because I make it up with the rip I have out of the corners so it all works out in the end.

Your car needs to handle well with good corner speed to also benefit from the extra rip. Big rip and bad handling car makes for not so good lap times. I found the better I get the car to work the more things fall into place with the speed.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
A big factor on how good the MMP works is getting the RPM range right. I know when I get it right I have huge rip in the infield and don't loose anything on the straights because I make it up with the rip I have out of the corners so it all works out in the end.

Your car needs to handle well with good corner speed to also benefit from the extra rip. Big rip and bad handling car makes for not so good lap times. I found the better I get the car to work the more things fall into place with the speed.
I tried every timing start-end range and the shorter range I had the worse the initial timing surge was. I ended up 3000-15000 or 3100-18000. Even with a 13.5 it worked best and smoothed everything out on an indoor track. With a high grip carpet layout, I have no doubt it can compete with most out there.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

I tried every timing start-end range and the shorter range I had the worse the initial timing surge was. I ended up 3000-15000 or 3100-18000. Even with a 13.5 it worked best and smoothed everything out on an indoor track. With a high grip carpet layout, I have no doubt it can compete with most out there.
I found myself having better results moving the Revs up.

Now using 10.000~15.000 with the 9.5T SP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.