Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cudacharger
Bummer X (2) two...

[/url]
Nice ride you got there
Old 05-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

you guys think the Yeah upgrade kit, worth the money? Keeping hearing about he CVD snapping clean without much effort.

Is the whole kit relatively easy to install since I"m super noooby on it...lol
Old 05-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevin32
you guys think the Yeah upgrade kit, worth the money? Keeping hearing about he CVD snapping clean without much effort.

Is the whole kit relatively easy to install since I"m super noooby on it...lol
I think the YR kit is priced fair considering what you get. If cost is an issue I would at least grab the CVD's..the kit is fairly simple install. If you bash the car real hard you might want to just do a CVD upgrade. I like my YR kit and besides a snapped CVD the car handles awesome. By installing the upgrades you do become real familiar with the car which is pretty simple to work on.

I just finished my headlamp mod (still need to do the lights)...that mod takes some time getting the headlight holes cut out to perfection. My original idea was to strip the paint from the inside so the outside lexan would remain...no go would of looked foggy from the outside so scribing the holes out takes some time if you want decent results...I always disliked headlight decals...light-buckets whenever possible especially on a Porsche 911.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

I think the YR kit is priced fair considering what you get. If cost is an issue I would at least grab the CVD's..the kit is fairly simple install. If you bash the car real hard you might want to just do a CVD upgrade. I like my YR kit and besides a snapped CVD the car handles awesome. By installing the upgrades you do become real familiar with the car which is pretty simple to work on.

I just finished my headlamp mod (still need to do the lights)...that mod takes some time getting the headlight holes cut out to perfection. My original idea was to strip the paint from the inside so the outside lexan would remain...no go would of looked foggy from the outside so scribing the holes out takes some time if you want decent results...I always disliked headlight decals...light-buckets whenever possible especially on a Porsche 911.

Okay cool. Can other CVD from other brand work with the yeah kit?

Sweet keep us posted on the mod. Love ur two Porsche !
Old 05-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks...there are others I think Sage has all the info and links on a previous post.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seeing those headlights makes me want to put in the effort... I have a month until rear tires show up anyway
Old 05-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

As a longtime HPI supporter it pains me to say I think I'm going to sell my RS4 Sport 3 chassis.

It looks like parts support from HPI will continue to be downright horrible, Yeah Racing parts for this chassis seem to be a problem which sucks because I've never had an issue with the Sprint 2 YR upgrades. Exotek support is minimal. GPM is always a gamble, both on fit and finish.
I really thought HPI would have turned things around by now, but they seem to have gotten worse if anything.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Man, I know that feeling all too well. I still want another one of these but I'll think about it for a while and then I don't want one anymore.

The weird thing is that Tower now has the RS4 Sport 3 Hoonicorn on their front page listed for late June. Really? Are they really going to release a new version of this chassis that still hasn't shown up on the official website yet? Are the spare parts and upgrades that should have been available months ago coming over on the boat with them? What about the half dozen other new models announced early this year? What happened with bringing MaverickRC to the states? Will HPIFrank become TeamOrionFrank or TraxxasFrank? Why does this chassis and HPI frustrate me so? Blargh!

I have so many questions about HPI and there are no answers.

The headlights though... those are sweet, Cuda.

Last edited by Metal One; 05-18-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Cuda I like the look of the headlamp mod. Care to show us how you do it when ya finish? Looking great!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Cuda I like the look of the headlamp mod. Care to show us how you do it when ya finish? Looking great!
Thanks! I've been wanting to get this done for awhile...I ordered the light buckets back in January from RCmart and they never made it to the states. then had wait again which seemed forever until they came available again and another 8 weeks for them to arrive.

My plan is to have a rear red flashing light with brakes to duplicate 24 Hr of Le-mans.

Always glad to assist whenever I can.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wareagle84
As a longtime HPI supporter it pains me to say I think I'm going to sell my RS4 Sport 3 chassis.

It looks like parts support from HPI will continue to be downright horrible, Yeah Racing parts for this chassis seem to be a problem which sucks because I've never had an issue with the Sprint 2 YR upgrades. Exotek support is minimal. GPM is always a gamble, both on fit and finish.
I really thought HPI would have turned things around by now, but they seem to have gotten worse if anything.
No argument there your 100% correct. I can feel your frustration...Hpi has always had there ongoing support issues I guess I've become very patient over the years with them...having other cars has help soften the blow I guess. Hope to see you back on this tread you have contributed in a good way to help others with there RS4 Sport 3.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! I've been wanting to get this done for awhile...I ordered the light buckets back in January from RCmart and they never made it to the states. then had wait again which seemed forever until they came available again and another 8 weeks for them to arrive.

My plan is to have a rear red flashing light with brakes to duplicate 24 Hr of Le-mans.

Always glad to assist whenever I can.

Is this the one cuda?

-------> LInk
Old 05-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Is this the one cuda?

-------> LInk
That's correct. I purchased 2 sets from their site and never received the package. Went through almost 5 months of back and forth with Hon Kong Post mail E delivery. Rcmart took forever to refund my $. After I purchased another set through them on ebay and finally got their attention through potential feedback leverage.

There a hard item to locate.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The unpainted HPI body came with additional 3D headlamp buckets. They are lexan with double sided tape to attach. The hard plastic chrome would obviously be much nicer, but nice to know there are other options.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maslin
The unpainted HPI body came with additional 3D headlamp buckets. They are lexan with double sided tape to attach. The hard plastic chrome would obviously be much nicer, but nice to know there are other options.
That's awesome and it's the GT3 RSR wide body? I would like to do one of those race bodies up.

Can you post a link or model #...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.