Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T? >

Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
wow....hardcore dude....I bet you had diffcups of chocolate milk diff fluid needs to be changed on a much more regular basis then that....but anyways, to each his own
i changed diff fluid on a regular basis, im saying i didnt have any diff problems for like 2complete seasons
Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randystang
i changed diff fluid on a regular basis, im saying i didnt have any diff problems for like 2complete seasons
gotcha Randy, I was like woah

Ordering my new truck today! w00t
Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by randystang
the losi is much more durable than mugen, i have seen mugens break more parts than any truck. they might not get as loose as quick, but id rather finish loose as have arms laying on the track. i had my 1.0 for 3 seasons and never broke a single arm,and im talking bout some serious carnage; hit a truck head on this feb. before i got 2.0 and broke it, just knew i got my 1st arm in 3 yrs but no, it broke the hingepin and brace but not the arm. and didnt touch diffs except change fluid till middle of 3rd season and a rear diff went, and a guy came over and was like ya those losi are bad for diffs, yah right! a friend had a 8t and recently bought an mbx5t he has broken an arm every race and 2 at 2 races like 5 or 6 arms in 2 months
+1. A good friend just picked up a MBX5T PS and has spent more time waiting on parts and repairing then running. My 8T takes the same abuse on the same track and just smiles about it. Losi FTW.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Any of the kits mentioned will come with their own set of problems. Best thing you could do is see what your track is more filled with so you can get support and parts if you ever break. If you're going for big name companies that are frequently used for racing, then you're on the right track. It also helps if you don't crash alot.

Last edited by Poppin Fresh; 04-06-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I love donuts.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree with these guys about the consistancy. The losi 2.0T is an absolute dream on the track. It is very easy to drive fast and consistantly.

And for the durability issues alot of the talk comes from assembly defects. And I agree that the losi QC has dropped the ball lately, but once you get the stupid little problems worked out of it they are bullit proof. It was the same deal with the 1.0. It had it's issues from the start, but once you resolved them the truck would treat you well. In the 2 years that I raced my 1.0, I don't think I broke a single plastic part, wait check that, I did break a rear hub when I cased a big double, but that was seriously probably the only part. Yes the losi's may wear more quickly than others, but they just don't break. I think it is really a trade off. Harder plastic wears less, but breaks more easily, while softer plastic wears easier, but is extremely hard to break. I will take a lil' wear over massive carnage any day. Wear won't put you out of a race.