Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i got a himoto

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i got a himoto

i picked up a himoto mega-p mxt 2-s 1/8 truck.
it has a .18 team infinity engine and a 2 speed.
so far i have run about 10 tanks in it. it seems pretty good to me but does anyone else run these trucks? how good are they? i got a real good deal on mine. and gps tracked the speed at 38.7 mph, i never did get it maxed out for speed.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ranger4x4
i picked up a himoto mega-p mxt 2-s 1/8 truck.
it has a .18 team infinity engine and a 2 speed.
so far i have run about 10 tanks in it. it seems pretty good to me but does anyone else run these trucks? how good are they? i got a real good deal on mine. and gps tracked the speed at 38.7 mph, i never did get it maxed out for speed.
No offense, But my buddy bought a himoto and it was a complete piece of junk. broke pieces every 2 mins, brittle plastic, very very cheap chinese parts. The engines are actually pretty good though. His has a .28 SH in it and it wasnt too bad.

To be honest with you, other than the engine, I dont know of a worse company out there.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

These are common to ebay and are priced extremely cheap. That is for a reason. Because they are.
They are preying on people who has no idea what is what in this hobby and they see how many $$$ they can save vs a quality rtr from the mainstream market. They don't realize that once they have it and start to have problems with it that, that 1. parts are hard to come by 2. the quality is poor at best 3. support is almost nonexistent.

People come into the shop all the time with these and it is disapointing to everyone involved when we have to tell them that we do not and cannot get parts for these and do not know where to get them.
Further more they begin to realize that their purchase might not have been the best one.
Alot of Dads come in and shake their heads after finding this out and their wives had already bought one of these ebay specials.

Really bringing the hobby down.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

I totally agree.

My friend got his off ebay, it was a RTR for 500$, parts are almost impossible to find, then when you do find them. They are junk parts from Hong Kong that cost like 20$ to ship.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shipping from HK is No more Expensive then from the USA...actually shipping from HK is ushally Cheeper then the states and further more Everything's made over sea's....so if Everything Junk ?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
Shipping from HK is No more Expensive then from the USA...actually shipping from HK is ushally Cheeper then the states and further more Everything's made over sea's....so if Everything Junk ?
well the 2 places he found the parts from, was like 13$ per part and the shipping was expensive too, and you needed new parts every half a tank.