Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
The reason why a MM car has 4 gears is to keep the motor in standard rotation. If you take a gear away when you give it throttle it will spin the wheels as if in reverse. That why switching the motor rotation is important.
So maybe this is a funny question but why don they just go to a two gear setup for the mm car? You would keep the motor rotation correct and eliminate more moving parts.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I have two stubborn ball cups that are still extremely tight. I've tried polishing the balls, I've tried squeezing the ball cups with a pliers (per Associated), and still nothing.

What size reamer should I buy to take a little material out of the cups?

Thank you.
I had the same problem. I ended up putting a little sand paper on the end of a screwdriver and twisting it until it fit tight on the stud cut moved freely
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrib21
So maybe this is a funny question but why don they just go to a two gear setup for the mm car? You would keep the motor rotation correct and eliminate more moving parts.
Because that would make too much sense.

I too am not sure why MIP put all that work and effort into a 3 gear setup when they could have just done a new case and larger topshaft for a 2 gear setup.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrib21
MIP just solved that! go to redrc.net
Old 10-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I have two stubborn ball cups that are still extremely tight. I've tried polishing the balls, I've tried squeezing the ball cups with a pliers (per Associated), and still nothing.

What size reamer should I buy to take a little material out of the cups?

Thank you.
Take a ballstub dremel some slots on it from top to bottom. Then chuck the stud and snap the cup on the stud. twist it around in the cup. Viola! reinstall cup on car no binding!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Just curious.....

Is anyone actually running a "brick" pack in their B5M ?

I've been working on getting my car lighter but it almost seems as if I could benefit from a heavier pack like a "brick".
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
Just curious.....

Is anyone actually running a "brick" pack in their B5M ?

I've been working on getting my car lighter but it almost seems as if I could benefit from a heavier pack like a "brick".
yeah the few times I ran my car outside I ran a brick in it. The higher the grip, the lighter I went (battery wise)
Old 10-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Suspended

I'm having a hard time getting a good balance between good grip and good steering using the shorty packs right now. I move it back I have awesome grip and horrible steering push, I move it forward I get better steering, then I'm struggling for traction and spinning out.

I also just switched over from SMC shorty packs to the Revtech Formula X shorty, I think the Revtech "brck" is about 100 grams heavier. My car is right around 1576 grams right now with the shorty pack.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
I'm having a hard time getting a good balance between good grip and good steering using the shorty packs right now. I move it back I have awesome grip and horrible steering push, I move it forward I get better steering, then I'm struggling for traction and spinning out.

I also just switched over from SMC shorty packs to the Revtech Formula X shorty, I think the Revtech "brck" is about 100 grams heavier. My car is right around 1576 grams right now with the shorty pack.
I was fighting the same issue with mine as well last night during the first heat. I went and talked with one of the AE Guys at my local track and he suggested adding 3mm spacers under the ball studs on the FT Rear Hubs and then remove the 2mm spacer from under the other ballstud. He also recommended taking moving the upper rear shock mount to the inner most hole and change to white rear springs... Dropped .4secs off my fastest lap time and about the same off my 15 lap average.

I am sitting at 1533grams with a Revtech Shorty. If I need a heavier battery then I just switch to my Orion Saddles because they are about 80grams heavier
Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jade67
Yes
Take a look at the new MIP trans and then take a look at the current B5M trans. Pay attention to the differences then think about what you're looking at for a few minutes and then get back to me.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I know this is simple also but I made one of those same adjustments on both of my mm's... Was fighting traction and a horrible push no matter how i locked in my shorty pack. All i did was move my rear shock tower position to inner most hole and went to 3mm trailing on my front hubs and left my smc battery in the rear position and it gave me a very good blend... Car is really dialed now!! No more pushing and I almost have to much rear grip!!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by deftones.jt@gma
I know this is simple also but I made one of those same adjustments on both of my mm's... Was fighting traction and a horrible push no matter how i locked in my shorty pack. All i did was move my rear shock tower position to inner most hole and went to 3mm trailing on my front hubs and left my smc battery in the rear position and it gave me a very good blend... Car is really dialed now!! No more pushing and I almost have to much rear grip!!
I'm gonna give that a shot, I believe that is similar to one of Cavalieri's set ups on some indoor tracks.

Last edited by Jeepy2013; 10-02-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Take a look at the new MIP trans and then take a look at the current B5M trans. Pay attention to the differences then think about what you're looking at for a few minutes and then get back to me.
They dropped a gear so it is a 3 gear AND MOVED THE MOTOR to face the other direction... Just like the standard Rear motor setup... If they kept the same motor placement/direction and dropped a gear you would be going backwards and in a hurry
Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
What point are you trying to make?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Quick question. Whats the best way to punch an air hole in a tire? I have seen guys use a variety of things. What works the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.