Wiki Posts
Search

Good Video of JPX 28 MBX5T

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Good Video of JPX 28 MBX5T

Here is my latest video of the the JPX 28 powered MBX5T........ today I removed 1 head shim and installed a medium/cool SH #7 plug ( waiting for my Picco order) ..this motor definitely likes the higher compression and cooler plug... previously we ran 46 MPH, today we ran 50 MPH...so the motor gained pretty good IMO......... We Pizza'd the front tires so badly that the centerline if the tire is burnt right down but the rest of the tread is intact.... I am running stock gearing with a 14 th bell, I am running Crimefighter MTR tires ...oh wait maybe they are just MT's LOL...yes they are MT's LOL !......... Well today we gave em a good stretch anyways.... Oh also I am running the M2C 4 shoe clutch, with med/hard shoes and .9 springs... this clutch has been the best performing clutch on the big power motors so far..I am extremely impressed !!!....... This is 100% setup for track racing, I am shocked its hitting 50 MPH with a 14 bell , which I am thinking is right around 43 000 RPM give or take ..... not bad for a long stroke 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yys0sU6c80
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Wow!! Its fast. Monster of a engine.

If the SH plugs work fine on JPX .28, will it fit the JPX.21?
Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Max... wicked mods dude!! Ive tried to contact you on offroadrc but you don't visit the site anymore! When you gonna hook me up with a C6 mod! LOL keep in touch!

Calvin
Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What header and pipe combo are you running?
Do you think a double bend header is better than the curved
header? The reason that I asked is that Rob, over
at NitroHouse, swears that the d.b. header works
better than any of the curved headers. Oh, by the
way, I'm getting ready to see how a RB carb does
on the Clocked GO-GO .21 7p today. That and a
shorty- short header with the 086 pipe. I'll let you
know what the radar readings were. I just wish that
someone made a set of truggie sized foam tires for
these things. Clocked motors sure do a job on tires.
PULL THA TRIGGAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MetalShield
Hey Max... wicked mods dude!! Ive tried to contact you on offroadrc but you don't visit the site anymore! When you gonna hook me up with a C6 mod! LOL keep in touch!

Calvin

I do C6 engines ! feel free to call me 1-204-487-3241......
Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rageworks
What header and pipe combo are you running?
Do you think a double bend header is better than the curved
header? The reason that I asked is that Rob, over
at NitroHouse, swears that the d.b. header works
better than any of the curved headers. Oh, by the
way, I'm getting ready to see how a RB carb does
on the Clocked GO-GO .21 7p today. That and a
shorty- short header with the 086 pipe. I'll let you
know what the radar readings were. I just wish that
someone made a set of truggie sized foam tires for
these things. Clocked motors sure do a job on tires.
PULL THA TRIGGAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am running a MSR 1005.......... the shorty header might hurt the torque on that 7 port a little ( I am not sure tho )......

thanks for the compliments...!!! just wait till you try my JPX 21......if you thought the Go 7 port was impressive....
Old 08-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joydude630
Wow!! Its fast. Monster of a engine.

If the SH plugs work fine on JPX .28, will it fit the JPX.21?
Maximo waiting for your reply!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Maximo waiting for your reply!!!!!

oops sorry !!

Sh plugs work, but the coils are nowhere near as durable as the Picco plugs............. I use SH as a last ditch fall back when i am out of Picco original plugs......I watch he forums and see people recommend all sorts of plugs for these Jammin/Picco's...but unfortunately none of these recommendations are for the original Picco plugs ....The original Picco plugs are fantastic and run better in these motors then any other plug on the market......contrary to popular belief these engines do not run their best on a hot plug..in fact they run their strongest using a cold plug.... A cold Picco plug with proper head shimming will significantly outperform the same motor on stock shims and hot OS P3 plug........

So I guess I I am saying is that many plugs will fit the motor, but only Picco plugs should be run, they are by far the best plug for these motors....
Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks good Maximo!

Do us a favor and shoot a video of that engine/truggy combo on your local track. You've shot some videos on a track with realy dark black soil before (if my memory's correct).
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maximo
oops sorry !!

Sh plugs work, but the coils are nowhere near as durable as the Picco plugs............. I use SH as a last ditch fall back when i am out of Picco original plugs......I watch he forums and see people recommend all sorts of plugs for these Jammin/Picco's...but unfortunately none of these recommendations are for the original Picco plugs ....The original Picco plugs are fantastic and run better in these motors then any other plug on the market......contrary to popular belief these engines do not run their best on a hot plug..in fact they run their strongest using a cold plug.... A cold Picco plug with proper head shimming will significantly outperform the same motor on stock shims and hot OS P3 plug........

So I guess I I am saying is that many plugs will fit the motor, but only Picco plugs should be run, they are by far the best plug for these motors....
Thanks for the info Maximo.

None of the hobby shops here sell the picco plugs. People are recommending the OS P3 plugs + 30% fuel for the JPX.21.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info Maximo.

None of the hobby shops here sell the picco plugs. People are recommending the OS P3 plugs + 30% fuel for the JPX.21.

LOL... " We dont got Picco plugs, so lets stuff an OS in there "............. every hobby shops answer to stocking the proper plugs LOL.......... Picco plugs work much better then OS plug do in these motors...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
LOL... " We dont got Picco plugs, so lets stuff an OS in there "............. every hobby shops answer to stocking the proper plugs LOL.......... Picco plugs work much better then OS plug do in these motors...
Yep. This is one of those persistant misunderstandings that resists correction. Hobby shops, online stores, forums....they all perpetuate this issue.

For some strange reason people cannot accept the fact that NovaRossi/OS turbo plugs and Picco/Jammin turbo plugs have a different taper. Can it be made to work sometimes?..... Yes....but it's not right, or consistant/dependable.

I guess the fact that some people have been lucky enough to have it work with their engines (or didn't know it wasn't working right) has kept this thing going...
Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eccentric
Yep. This is one of those persistant misunderstandings that resists correction. Hobby shops, online stores, forums....they all perpetuate this issue.

For some strange reason people cannot accept the fact that NovaRossi/OS turbo plugs and Picco/Jammin turbo plugs have a different taper. Can it be made to work sometimes?..... Yes....but it's not right, or consistant/dependable.

I guess the fact that some people have been lucky enough to have it work with their engines (or didn't know it wasn't working right) has kept this thing going...
Yes I know the taper is different. But people are lucky using the OS P3 plug and not any other plug as the head could get damaged.

Even people are using OS P3 plug on their GRP's, RB C6 without any issues what so ever. I love to buy the JPX.21, but its just the plugs I am facing a issue with. So I am thinking to run OS P3 and see what happens.

One of my mate has been using the SH plugs on his Picco .28 and it runs flawlessly.