Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
You need 3 parts-
1- 2x (AM19 - Upper Arm Holder x 2)
2- 2x (Lunsford Punisher 1 1/8 Titanium Turnbuckles (4))
3- sufficient balls/ball ends/p01/p02
Awesome! thank you!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Mike, just a few Qs.

I can't seem to find the Upgrade - 2015 Alloy Chassis Set and SD-2 set. I find the bundles better than picking each items to complete the upgrade.

Please advise.

JC
Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Crazy...

I think this has to be the worst build of any kit in my 32 years of experience. Not so much the quality of the components because they really are as nice as they come. It's a beautiful car one it's together, but the instructions don't match the car. I had to make a number of assumptions on screws and parts. Linkage lengths were so far off, i had to chuckle. I really don't know what I would have done without all of the posts from you guys. The visual representation from JD was so very helpful.

i still don't think I got the shocks right but I should be able to get some help at the track. I don't know if it's just me but I did more searching for the instructions on what i was building than I care to think about. Mike, one idea for the site would be a link on the page for car that has all of the separate instructions for building the kit in one place. Well, I hope to get electronics installed soon. Hopefully testing at the end of the week.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Does anyone have a spare GD1 that they would part with? I am looking to purchase one. PM me with details. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
Hi Mike, just a few Qs.

I can't seem to find the Upgrade - 2015 Alloy Chassis Set and SD-2 set. I find the bundles better than picking each items to complete the upgrade.

Please advise.

JC
JC - the new site doesn't have the feature to enable that (yet). you can always look at the old one... just cannot buy from there.

CC processing w/o paypal is another issue -- that the web dude is looking to fix.

Originally Posted by damo
I think this has to be the worst build of any kit in my 32 years of experience. Not so much the quality of the components because they really are as nice as they come. It's a beautiful car one it's together, but the instructions don't match the car. I had to make a number of assumptions on screws and parts. Linkage lengths were so far off, i had to chuckle. I really don't know what I would have done without all of the posts from you guys. The visual representation from JD was so very helpful.

i still don't think I got the shocks right but I should be able to get some help at the track. I don't know if it's just me but I did more searching for the instructions on what i was building than I care to think about. Mike, one idea for the site would be a link on the page for car that has all of the separate instructions for building the kit in one place. Well, I hope to get electronics installed soon. Hopefully testing at the end of the week.
worst is strong words. difficult, yes. especially if this is your first awesomatix. if anyone has owned an awesomatix before it is kinda simple / just falls together based upon experience w/ the platform(s).

i expect Oleg is still working very hard on the combined manual...

Last edited by AwesomatixUSA; 01-20-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: CC
Old 01-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anybody had an issue with spur gear wobble due to excessive play in the SD2?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm rebuilding a beat-up Awesomatix and it wasn't too bad. I actually had a tougher time learning all the Awesomatix part numbers lingo referenced on this thread. At least the new website has pictures..... (and makes it easier to spend more money)
Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AwesomatixUSA

worst is strong words. difficult, yes. especially if this is your first awesomatix. if anyone has owned an awesomatix before it is kinda simple / just falls together based upon experience w/ the platform(s).

i expect Oleg is still working very hard on the combined manual...
Yeah, it gets the worst title because it doesn't even include the instructions to build the specific kit in the box. I'm not talking about the quality of the kit itself, only the build when it is a persons first intro to the kit. Things weren't hard when you figured them out, so it's not necessarily a hard kit to build. I didn't want to guess at how something went together and be completely wrong. After your third or fourth car or to even rebuild an existing one you can see how things fit together. im sure it'll all be second nature soon enough but to purchase the most expensive 10th scale tourer out, the build left a lot to be desired due to the amount of searching the forums and Internet for instructions.

Oh, my FSR bullet held the previous title.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Yeah, it gets the worst title because it doesn't even include the instructions to build the specific kit in the box. I'm not talking about the quality of the kit itself, only the build when it is a persons first intro to the kit. Things weren't hard when you figured them out, so it's not necessarily a hard kit to build. I didn't want to guess at how something went together and be completely wrong. After your third or fourth car or to even rebuild an existing one you can see how things fit together. im sure it'll all be second nature soon enough but to purchase the most expensive 10th scale tourer out, the build left a lot to be desired due to the amount of searching the forums and Internet for instructions.

Hi damo, I agree this endeavor has been an interesting one. The quality of this evo2 kit is second to none, yet my experiences with Japanese and Netherlands kits have been easier in assembly. So, I have this feeling: the struggles we endure now is gonna pay off later. I've seen the evo1 do things my other cars were not capable of. My other cars were easy to get running but hard to win with. This may be the opposite with the evo2. It's definitely a thinking man's car!

We've been in this a looong time, we can get little sputnik into space!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There's always someone to rain on the parade haha..most of us don't even need the instructions and we would rather have the car now than wait another month for paper instructions - its a one man band, cut him some slack, ok? But we do like to help here. And welcome to the club!

Last edited by hana166; 01-21-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

I agree. Awesomatix's quality, innovation and updates are second to none. The best out there. I'll repeat this again, it's the Lamborghini of 1/10 TC.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

I'm thinking more like Pagani.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I call it the nissan GTR of RC's.

less than 2 years into this hobby.....Manual could get a bit tricky but not hard at all... Best car I've built....

Tc6.2
Vm2 lipo
Trf417v5
Trf417v5
Trf101
Ta05r
M05 pro
Awesomatix Evo
Awesoamtix ExL
Old 01-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Jacob, I remember your "all my cars must be blue" phase. Haha
Old 01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, I'm off my soapbox and on to figuring this thing out.

For the damper configuration, I am looking at the link from aweusa that goes back to rctech from Oleg on 7/11/13. In this pic it shows the setup with p09 all the way towards the damper (B gap of 0 in essence). If I initially build the shock with a flat SPR with a 0 B gap as shown, I wouldn't be able to stiffen the spring rate obviously, but I can definitely soften it. My question is, what would building the damper starting at the max B gap benefit. Is it possible? Advisable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.