Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What are the best quality hex wrenches? Losi 8-in1 has no warranty. >

What are the best quality hex wrenches? Losi 8-in1 has no warranty.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best quality hex wrenches? Losi 8-in1 has no warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

MIP/EDS/Hudy hands down. They can be more expensive then others. But it should be the last driver set you will ever buy.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I'm sure I'll get flame for this, but the TiN coated Integy wrenches last forever.. I replaced the tip on my 3.0mm AE wrench and have used the snot of it, and it still looks near new.. I also have the power driver Integy set that is TiN coated, and it has very little wear for the use it has seen.. If you get Integy MAKE SURE TO GET THE COATED tips..
There wrenches are the only thing I'd ever own from them if I didn't already have a set of MIPs. I didn't know MIP made snap on tips though!
I am looking to get a power driver and give my poor wrists a break! Definitely a good buy there!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bought a set of the integy TiNi coated hex drivers about a year ago. So far two have broken, one tip broke off and one snapped the shaft in half. I replaced both with Hudy tips, which are a lot better.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

TBH I'm likin my AE Factory Team hex set. I haven't broken any tips yet and I love how the handles are colour coded which makes for searching for the tip you need much easier especially once you get used to which colour is what size.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
There wrenches are the only thing I'd ever own from them if I didn't already have a set of MIPs. I didn't know MIP made snap on tips though!
I am looking to get a power driver and give my poor wrists a break! Definitely a good buy there!
I fell ya.. I was real hesitant to get them when they were recommended to me.. I was looking for Power driver bits, and finally said it is just $45 bucks, and man have I been impressed..

I picked up the Integy replacment tip for the AE wrench when the tip rounded out, and am very impressed with it also.. I have sense picked up the Integy multi vehicle set up station, and I am impressed with the fit and finsh of it as well..

I honestly think that the bad rap that integy got early on was justified, but made them up their quality a bunch, and they are now starting to make some nice quality peices.. But it can still hit and miss..
Old 10-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Or you could buy a replacement tip(yeah they actually do sell replacement tips).
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ement-Tip-1-16

Tips break. You can't expect them to replace every tip some idiot used to pry his "really stuck" part off with, so they're not going to replace any. Just sayin...
Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

EDS, Hudy, MIP, Thorp, AE, Are all great drivers. I have used them all and they are the best there is.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Or you could buy a replacement tip(yeah they actually do sell replacement tips).
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ement-Tip-1-16

Tips break. You can't expect them to replace every tip some idiot used to pry his "really stuck" part off with, so they're not going to replace any. Just sayin...
Interesting - the Horizon site didn't list a replacement tip so I figured they didn't exist (or else the would just show it out-of-stock). I think I'll go with the MIP tip instead, since this Losi one was garbage.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Losi Race Wrenches