New 2.4 systems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 2.4 systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Spektrums DSM2 on the DX3R is fine. I'm not sureif the older dx2 and dx3 with DSM1 were really slower, but they sure did feel horribleto drive, something was wrong.

The new DX3R seems to run great, can handle 8.4 volt Rx packs, and runs great in a hot car unlike Futaba.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok so you are all agreeing with me that there was lag with the old spektrum and these 2.4ghz now feel like fm? I'm trying not to dump money into a system to find out I feel the lag again. Know what I mean?

Thanks guys. You're all a big help. It's been a while since I've been around. Took a pretty good break and didn't keep track of the new fancy stuff coming out!

Is there any radio that is sticking out to be a really good choice? Sounds to me I may have problems with futaba. So I should stick with either the M11x or the KO EX-1UR?

Again thanks guys.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Airtronics says the M11x RX can't handle Lipo unregulated. A little behind the others, although some have had success running 8.4 volts.

Ko and spektrums top of the line radios are very nice. I notuiced no lag on either. It might not have been lag I noticed on the lower end DSM radios, it was probally just an overall crappy radio.

I'd only recommend avoiding the Futaba and Airtronics, for now, eventually they'll catch up.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

I ran the spektrum set up in my M11 before. Thats where I noticed the lag.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have a 3pks with fasst. Love it super crisp, fast and responds to my input perfect. I run this in electric and nitro cars. Rx's in sealed radio boxes and attached to the chassis never have had an issue with it.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

The KO EX-10 2.4 I know is faster than the Futaba 3PK 2.4 HRS. We switched the KO from high speed mode to normal, as it felt too connected. The EX-1UR is slightly faster than the EX-10. As for the M11X, I know friends that run them straight LiPo with no problems. I do know someone who went to the M11X, but then went back to the FM M11. Not sure as to why though, just noticed they weren't running it anymore at the Regionals. On the Futaba 2.4, if the Rx gets too hot, it shuts down, some thing that I and many others have experienced. And thats running NiMh or regulated Lipo. On the KO 2.4, its rated 4.8-7.4v, so no regulator is needed runnng LiPo, just make sure the servos can handle it.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am running the DX3R and am loving it. I have had it for almost a year and hasn't giving me any problems. I don't think you can make a mistake with any of the top brands. Spektrum, Futaba, and Airtonics all have great radios. What I would do if go with the radio that feels the best in your hand. I liked the DX3R because of how light it was, some people though like a heavier radio and went with something else. Also just pick out what you features you need. I only needed 2 channels but wanted a third just in case I ever needed another channel for something else. Good thing I did because I needed a third channel for my fail safe in my BAJA.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there is a DSM2 transmitter module for Ko Propo?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Does anyone know if there is a DSM2 transmitter module for Ko Propo?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I don't think they make any DSM2 for other brands.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I own both the 4PK and M11X. I love the 4PK for its balance and feel, but love the M11 for its smaller receivers and reliability. I would stick with just teh Futaba but can't rely on it in my buggy when it is hot. No problems in the truggy though.
-Kane
Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys! I think Ill go with the m11x. but Im going to stick to FM for a little while till funds build up. Thanks again! Very helpful.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Is the new M11x a no module radio? I saw the price for it in an email from the importer & the specs a few months ago saying how its better than my dx3r & laughed my ass off. I'm not trying to start a argument with m11 owners as its a feel thing,feels like a heavy,bulky,pig with irritating menu to me but that was me using the older m11 with spektrum module. My Dx3R has easily the best menu of all the radios I have & a big easy to read screen even unlit on a dark drivers stand & with DSM2 recievers feels very connected(dsm1 not so much) but tactil wise feels like a cheap piece of crap in my hands.I was gonna go the new KO but they cant channel mix as my buddy found out after spending money on that syst & loosing his ass getting rid of it. I want in the worst way a 4pk that works but it dont look like thats gonna happen as my 3pk was my favorite all time radio but the spektrum module had issues in that. I keep pulling out my m8 & thinking about that new m11x maybe with a lipo to shed 4 or 5 pounds off it but have a really bad taste in my mouth from prev exp with airtronics.I is backlit right?.Anyway back to the reason I posted From what I gather the speed & precision of the newer 2.4 radios is in large part due to intigrated modules that are tied directly to the PCBs but that could just be the MFGs B.S. IDK. Any body has a line on a super light,compact,2.4 radio with large backlit screen & easy to navigate menu that feels solid in hand & dont shut down with random heat for under $400 you let me know cuz I'm on it. Or if you know some voodoo that melts my fav radios in a cauldrin & spits out what I want I'll pay for that too.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

M11x is lighter than the previous models. The M11x, DX3R and KO are light radios.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
I've had no probs with my dx3r except fragile antenas on the dsm2 recievers but thats the same with all coaxal antenas. I mostly use it with older dsm1 recievers & you can feel a difference but he says he wants to stay away from spektrum so...
I wonder why doesn't spektrum make their antennas bendable like walkie talkie antennas you can bend them all the way in circle and they retain their shape, all breakage issues solved!!!

Does m11x work with spektrum module/spektrum rx's?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

I prefer the movable or removable 2.4 antenna the M11X has. You can actually screw a 2.4ghz high gain type router antenna since it has the same socket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.